Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow! So can I just say that you guys are AWESOME! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the reviews and the excitement for this sequel. It has definitely been helping me write these chapters and get them out as quickly as possible :) 
Right so that's it for now, enjoy chapter 2! 
- Amanda
P.S. I apologize for the length of this chapter. 
Displaced Deception2. Go the Distance

I can hardly contain my excitement as I pull the car onto the freeway. Trace is bouncing in his seat behind me and Lauren is sitting next to me, gazing out the window and looking like she’s about to be taken to the electric chair.

We just landed in Memphis half an hour ago and I couldn’t be happier to be home. Hell just driving on the freeway towards Millington is making me want to pee my pants in anxious anticipation, but I don’t think it would look very becoming of me to show up at my mother’s house with soiled pants…and I’m sure Lauren wouldn’t want to be seen with me.

And I can’t have that.

She lets out a pent up breath and I reach over with my hand to grasp hers. Lauren looks over at me and tries her best to cover up her apprehensive expression but she isn’t quick enough. She’s usually pretty good at hiding her emotions when she wants to… I don’t think I’ve ever seen her this green. It isn’t that big of a deal!

“Relax, Lauren,” I soothe, “You just need to take a few deep breaths and realize that this is my family, they know who you are and they aren’t going to bite.”

“Well the last time she saw the majority of your family you guys were going at it in the dressing room in Anaheim!” Trace pipes up and I watch with a smirk as Lauren closes her eyes and takes a few deep breaths to control what I’m sure is frustration from listening to Trace. “Man that was a fun night…and you said he was choking on something!”

“I swear to God, Trace…” Lauren whispers as calmly as possible, “I do not need to hear your comments so if you could shut the hell up, that would help me a lot.”

“Whatever,” Trace retorts, “I’m sure they don’t even remember that. I’m sure everyone is going to love you, after all you are dating Justin and it takes a certain kind of woman to put up with all his bull shit.”

“Trace…really you can walk your ass home,” I warn. Lauren grins and turns around to look at him, her nervous air seemingly gone.

“God it would take you forever to get back home, what with your short legs and all,” she quips and I can’t help but laugh. Trace rolls his eyes and proceeds to lay down in the backseat and shut his eyes. He’s asleep in minutes.

I continue to drive and the two of us fall into silence. I’m reminded of our drive to Lauren’s hometown almost a year ago. It was awkward, it was long, and it was boring as hell. She was so against going back to Worden but in the end she changed her mind. I could tell by the end of her first night in Worden she was glad to be back. I mean she took me cow tipping for Christ’s sake. I’m sure if she wasn’t the least bit excited to be back home, she would have sat in her little farmhouse for two days and not done anything.

We’re the exact opposite when it comes to going back to our hometowns. I can’t wait to go back to my house and see my mom and the rest of my already huge family. I’m way too excited to see granny and get some of that peach cobbler, it’s been too long since I had a slice and hopefully she’ll make me my own pie like she did last year. Then again Lauren doesn’t have a huge family and they’re always running around the world taking pictures of animals or some other random Discovery Channel shit like that.

We still have an hour until I get to see my family again. I can’t wait that long so I speed up. I hear Lauren’s sharp intake of breath and I look over to see that she’s grabbed the handle on the car door and she’s looking like her life might end at any minute. I totally forgot that she hates it when I drive while she’s in the car. Eh, she’ll have to deal with it. I could get back to Shelby Forest with my eyes closed and she’s perfectly safe 

Some random truck pulls in front of me to get off at the next ramp. I slam on my breaks and honk the horn. Naturally, Trace doesn’t wake from his slumber but Lauren and I pitch forward, her hands splaying out in front of her to brace herself.

“Holy shit,” I mutter under my breath. I’m ready to put that near accident behind me, but I guess Lauren is just getting started.

“Jesus Christ! That stupid ass fucker…who the hell does he think he is? That no good piece of shit! You should go tail gate his ass and teach him a lesson!” I stifle a laugh and she looks at me as if to say that it isn’t a laughing matter. Lauren takes her cases of road rage very seriously.

“Calm down, Lo. It wasn’t a big deal,” I explain.

“Not a big deal?” she asks, “Are you kidding me? If you weren’t paying attention he would have totally slammed into you! We could have died!”

“Lauren, you need to calm down, alright? We’re fine now and no one got hurt, just take it easy.”

“How can I take it easy? I hate it when you drive and I hate it when stupid schmucks like that don’t know how to handle a fucking car!” she exclaims. I’m just going to go ahead and blame the nerves on this little outburst. I don’t want to listen to her bitch and moan about the driver who ‘nearly killed us’ so I turn on the radio and try to let the music ease her anxiety.

A few minutes later, I look back over at her again and she’s sitting all prim and proper in the passenger seat. She looks like she’s ready to go out for an interview instead of meeting my parents. Lauren insisted in dressing in one of her pencil skirts, a blouse, and some heels. I don’t think she understands that the majority of my family will be in jeans and sweaters or T-shirts. She fails to comprehend that the Timberlake family is pretty casual when it comes to holiday dress.

Lauren lets out another pent up breath and I give her a sympathetic look.

“You don’t have to be nervous,” I tell her for what I can only guess is the hundredth time. “They’re going to love you.”

“I can’t help but be nervous,” she replies, “I mean, I’ve only been your official girlfriend for less than two weeks and I’m already meeting your whole family!”

“Well, you know me, I move fast,” I retort and she tries to suppress a little giggle. I smile a bit, but keep my focus on the road. I know she can’t be that nervous because she’s able to take a joke and run with it. I can only hope when we get to the house she isn’t going to clam up and start acting like she works for me. I can only hope my family doesn’t bombard her with questions and I pray to the holiest of holies that Trace doesn’t make an ass out of himself and Lauren in the process. I don’t know if I’ll be able to be friends with him after that. But then again, if Trace even thinks about doing that, Lauren will stuff him and serve him up for Thanksgiving dinner.

“You’ll be fine Lauren. Just know at the end of the day that I love you and even my family hating your guts isn’t going to change that.”

“Wow, thanks Justin, that makes me feel so much better!” she exclaims sarcastically before I reach out and grab her hand, holding onto it tightly. We stay like that for the rest of the drive. It isn’t until we pull onto my street that she lets go and starts to wring her hands together.

Trace sits straight up and looks around in bewilderment. He has a sixth sense when it pertains to homecomings. He can fall asleep and know exactly when we’ve hit our old street or when a plane lands or whatever. I don’t know how he does it.

“Sweet, I can just taste Grandma Sadie’s cobbler!” Trace exalts and I turn around to look at him.

“Hands off. I’ve waited months for that cobbler and I’ll be damned if you take it,” I snap. Trace holds up his hands in mock defeat and I give him a wide smile as I look back towards the road. My house is just there in the distance and I can see the cars parked along the side of the road. Seems like we’ll be entertaining a full house.

Lauren swallows and tries to smooth down her skirt. I still don’t know why she is so fucking nervous and seriously it’s making me nervous and they’re my own family! I pull up into the driveway and turn off the car. Trace has already opened the door and by the time Lauren and I are out of the car, he’s halfway up the path to the front door. I don’t think he’s excited at all.

I walk around to meet Lauren and I take her hand. She gives me a gracious smile and we start to walk towards the front of the house. And that’s when the slew of family members come flying out of the house towards me and Lauren. Before I can get introductions out, we’re being smothered in an onslaught of hugs and kisses.

She looks over at me in bewilderment and I shrug it off. The last person to approach me is Mama and she looks ecstatic. “Hey, Mama,” I greet before I’m hugging her tightly

“Oh it is so good to see you home!” she exclaims before she lets me go. Lauren has almost completed saying hello to my dad, step parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Once they’ve finished, they continue onto the rental car to pull out our luggage. She approaches us sheepishly and before she can make heads or tails of what’s going on, Mama is giving her an enormous hug and patting the back of her head. Lauren looks up at me and I give her the thumbs up. Believe me, my Mama would let everyone know if she didn’t like Lauren. 

Embraces over, Mama and the rest of the clan usher us inside the family home. Lauren has been here before but she’s looking around as if she’s discovering the house through new eyes. Or maybe she never had time to actually take in her surroundings since the times she’s been here with me I usually barked orders and made her do this and that around the house and also around town.

We make our way into the kitchen and I immediately see Grandma Sadie in the corner pulling a freshly baked peach cobbler out of the oven. Trace is hovering over her shoulder and before I know what I’m doing, I’m leaving Lauren alone with the rest of my family so I can defend the pie that is so obviously meant for me.

While Trace and I fight over who gets the first bite, I catch little splices of conversation Lisa, Paul, Dad, and the rest of the family are having with Lauren. There isn’t anything she can’t handle, I’m sure of it.

“Now you worked for Justin, correct?”

“Yes, I was his personal assistant for about four years, give or take,” she explains almost meekly.

“Wow, sorry,” Dad says apologetically. I’m too involved with the cobbler to shoot him a reprimanding look or throw a dish rag in his direction. Trace reaches out to dip his finger into the pie and I evade him. Before I even know what’s happening, the back of my hand starts to sting and I look up at Grandma. She’s got a wicked smile on her face and I realize she has just smacked not only my hand, but Trace’s as well.

“The only person who’s going to get the first piece of pie is this little lady over here,” Grandma explains before she walks over to Lauren who is still standing amongst a throng of people, the oven warm pie still in her firm grasp.

“You know I want a piece of that pie, but first lemme, lemme, lemme talk to her,” Trace mutters under his breath and I quickly smack him upside the head. I am so sick of that song. I watch with acute jealously as Grandma cuts the first slice of my peach cobbler and puts it on a plate in front of Lauren. She gives me a skeptical look before she grins in my direction and takes a huge bite.

“Wow, dis ees gewd,” Lauren exalts with her mouth still full. She swallows the rest and looks over at Grandma Sadie, “He wasn’t lying when he said your peach cobbler was amazing.”

“I’ve seen you here before though, right?” Grandma asks, “I know this isn’t your first time here.”

“No,” she states, “The last time I was here I was running around getting things for Justin. I was his personal assistant…” she begins but Grandma Sadie cuts her off.

“You mean to tell me you’ve been in this house and my grandson didn’t offer you any of my peach cobbler?” She shakes her head, eyebrows raised and looking back and forth between Grandma and I with a look of disbelief. I know the glare in Granny’s eyes…and I know I should go run and hide when she picks up a wooden spoon and walks towards me. Ugh looks like I’m on a one way train back to age four.

I stand there and close my eyes as Grandma lifts the spoon slowly and pats my cheek lightly. “I taught you better,” she scolds. God if I wanted to be scolded I would just go piss Lauren and Trace off at the same time. But then again it isn’t as bad as having your Grandma do it when you’ve only been home for five minutes. “And for that…<i>no</i> peach cobbler for you this time.”

What? I live for peach cobbler! She can’t take that away from me! I’ve waited months for one of those pieces to hit my mouth and just melt on my tongue. I’ve waited days! I’m going to kill Lauren, she took away the love of my life! Oh man I am so going to make her life hell…really, I am. I feel like a starved child as the rest of my family dive into the cobbler. Trace grins as he takes a piece and shoves a bit into his mouth. Yeah, I’ll kill him too.

The pie is demolished within minutes and soon the family is retiring into the family room. I hang around in the kitchen for a minute, realizing Lauren is in the back of the group. I reach out and grab her arm and yank her into my arms. She looks up into my eyes with questions and before she can verbalize them, my lips are crashing down on hers. I can tell she’s surprised because she’s exceedingly tense, but I don’t care. One, it’s been way too long since we’ve kissed and two…well I mean I can taste the peach cobbler on her and…oh man I miss it.

She pushes me away softly, shaking her head with mock disappointment, “What?” I ask.

“If you think I’m going to be kissing you all the time so you can get your peach cobbler fix you are dead wrong. Don’t make me stop kissing you this week because I like kissing you…”

“I wouldn’t want that, and you wouldn’t be that mean, would you?” Wait…this is Lauren, of course she’d be that mean. And I’m sure if she weren’t my girlfriend she’d be even worse. I throw out the Pout for good measure and she shakes her head more vigorously and laughs under her breath. I stop her laughter with another quick kiss and then take her hand into the other room where I’m sure more questions are waiting.

 

 

*

The house is eerily quiet as I walk out of the bedroom I’m sharing with Justin. I find it weird to be sleeping in his mother’s house in the same room with her son. I mean if we were back home I’m sure my parents would put Justin out in the barn let alone the same room. So maybe I should be thanking my lucky stars that we can continue to be together for twenty-four hours a day…because who knows how long that’s going to last.

And besides, it’s not like we’re going to do anything. After all, this is his mother’s house.

The rest of the family members have come and gone with the exception of Lynn, Paul, and Justin’s half brothers. The two had been in school when we pulled into Millington and they were so excited to see Justin they couldn’t tear themselves away from their half-brother. So Justin spent the majority of his night hanging out with Jonathan and Stephen before the three of them all but passed out a little while ago. Hopefully they aren’t light sleepers because I would hate to wake them up on my trek to the kitchen.

Traveling always makes me dehydrated and a glass of water is looking really appealing right now. I remember my way into the kitchen without a problem, but then there’s the obstacle of finding the glasses. I spot a clean one by the sink and grab it before opening the fridge. It’s so weird to be running around this house like it’s mine. I’ve only been here a few times but it feels so alien to move about like I own the place. I’m probably still in that stupid mindset that Justin is my boss and me sneaking around his house is a big employee no-no.

I yank out the water jug in the fridge and close the door not realizing that another inhabitant of the house has joined me.

“Night owl?” the voice comes out of nowhere and the results are disastrous.

“Shit!” I hiss and at the exact time I drop the water jug and watch it as it falls to the stone floor in slow motion, finally exploding on contact with the ground. “Dammit!” I mutter, all promises to not swear like a sailor in front of Justin’s family thrown out the window.

I immediately search for a rag or anything that will help me clean up this mess. I feel so bad and really, it’s only water for crying out loud! “Sorry,” I all but stammer as my fumbling hands make contact with a rag. I drop to my knees and start to mop up the floor as best I can. Way to go, Lauren…way to go.

“Don’t worry about it darlin’,” Lynn says quickly as she rounds the kitchen island and grabs another rag to help with the damage. “It’s stone, the water isn’t going to hurt anything. Honestly it needed washing.

Now she’s trying to make me feel better. Great, I hate the sympathy conversation…Christ this is so awkward.

“I’m sorry, you just startled me,” I explain quickly without thinking. I stop myself and look down at the ground in horror. I just blamed Justin’s mom for scaring the shit out of me. Wonderful job, Walters, you’re just wracking up the points here.

“Sorry about that,” she apologizes, “I forget that I’m one of the few who knows all the creaks and squeaky places in this house. Not many people can walk through this place without making some noise; although you did a pretty good job,” she adds with a wide grin. We finish sopping up all the water and soon we’re on our feet and standing around the kitchen. Yup, getting more and more awkward by the second.

“I grew up in a real old house so I guess I’m used to it,” I explain and Lynn nods thoughtfully.

“Where did you grow up?” I reiterate the short story of my youth and she nods. “Justin never mentioned any of this.”

“Yes well up until two weeks ago I was just the estranged help and he doesn’t really connect with his employees on a personal level,” I blurt with a slight trace of bitterness. Oh God, that wasn’t good, I pretty much just bad mouthed her only son to her face. She’s going to hate me and probably poison my turkey tomorrow. I can imagine the Timberlake clan laughing at my limp body, my face completely submerged in my plate of mashed potatoes, stuffing, and said poisoned turkey.

“Uh…what I meant was,” I try to back track and Lynn just smirks and chuckles under her breath. I shut my mouth immediately and watch in foreboding silence as she moves around the kitchen, filling two empty glasses with water from the tap.

“Don’t try to cover up honesty,” she explains thoughtfully before she passes me my glass of water, “It’s true, Justin can be an ass most of the time when it comes to the help. A couple of times I had to give him his ego check…I never told him to ease up on you…”

Okay, so his mom hates me. Why else would she let Justin continue to torture me for almost four years? This might be the point in the conversation where she shoves my head down the tiny garbage disposal or when she pulls out the butcher knives and carves me up. Who knows, maybe I’ll be the main course tomorrow. I always knew there was something fucking twisted about Justin’s family. And I bet anything cannibalism is it.

“Why?” I finally ask, “Why not tell him to ease up on me?”

“Well,” she begins before she pauses and takes a sip of her water, “I’ve come to realize that Justin only likes to put the people he really loves through hell. I mean look at me, I raised him,” she adds with a chuckle, “It’s like his defense mechanism for finding those he can be closest to. He’s been in the spotlight for so long that he just turns into this huge wall when he meets or hires new people. He doesn’t want people who aren’t serious about him to be in his life for a long time. And you, well you didn’t take his shit. At the beginning you were a little put off by his over confidence and what have you, but you learned and soon you were dishing it right back at him.” I nodded as I took a sip of my water, in a way that was true. I would take Justin’s bullshit in stride when I was working for him.

“And I always knew there was something going on between the two of you. I mean I could feel it whenever I was around one of your frequent arguments,” she laughs and knocks back the rest of her water, “I didn’t want to say anything because I know how stubborn Justin can get when it comes to being attracted to someone – he doesn’t like it when people tell him, he wants to figure it out for himself…” I stand there in silence as Lynn continues to delve into her son’s inner psyche. Really, I never thought Justin could be this complex. Before we got together I used to think there was only one layer and that was Supreme Asshole. But then he revealed another layer in Worden and came to be this nice guy who I started to fall in love with…and then another layer and another and another…really he’s like fucking Shrek and the whole onion thing.

“I would have maybe pushed you in the right direction,” Lynn continues, “but I didn’t know you well enough and, truth be told, I was intimidated by you,” she reveals. I gulp down a sip of water way too fast and start to cough at her revelation.

“You were intimidated by me?”

“Oh yes. You had everything together, a strong head on your shoulders, and you had your set goals and objectives and you would succeed in anything. You were and still are a determined woman and that’s pretty damn intimidating. Plus you wouldn’t take any nonsense and you also wouldn’t let my son get away with a lot of shit that people turned a blind eye to,” she added.

“I hope you don’t feel that way now…I mean the whole intimidation thing,” I say rapidly.

“No, not any more. I realize now that you weren’t putting up with Justin’s antics for the paycheck or the thought of big promotions. Anyone who was after those kinds of rewards would have quit a long time before you did. I realize now that you were staying around and doing the things you were doing out of love for my son. You were trying to protect him, keep him safe, and keep him out of trouble. Honestly, Lauren, I couldn’t ask for anyone better. I hope you’re still keeping him out of trouble…

“Yeah,” I say quietly. I’m really at a loss for words. I just wanted a drink of water, instead I’m having a heart to heart with Justin’s mom and a drink is just an added perk. What do I say to all of that? Joke…is a joke a good thing to throw in here? “Well you know, I try to keep him out of as much trouble as I can, what with Trace and all…” Lynn laughs and nods slowly and I’m pretty sure she’s remembering all the times she’s probably busted both her son and Trace for getting into a steaming pile of trouble.

“Those two,” she says fondly, “They keep me young and I’m sure they keep you on your toes.

“Pretty much. It beats going to the gym,” I quip and Lynn laughs again. Okay, so maybe I’m earning points with my late night humor, unless it’s pity laughs. Note to self – don’t crack jokes at the dinner table tomorrow.

“As much as I loved this conversation, I do need to get some sleep. Lord only knows half of Millington is going to be running in and out of this house tomorrow trying to get Thanksgiving dinner on the table. And you have to be tired from flying across the country…” I nod and stifle a yawn. She grins and walks over to me, giving me a half hug before she walks towards the door she came in from, “Night Lauren. See you in the morning.”

“You, too,” I say before I give her a little wave. I’m sure she’s heading for her room on the ground floor at the opposite end of the house. Me, I have a trek upstairs and down a very long hallway to Justin’s old room. Yay…I’d rather just sleep on the couch. I’m way too tired to stumble up stairs and hallways. But I don’t want to be rude, and I don’t want to listen to Justin whine about me not being in his room when he wakes up in the morning.

I open the door leading into Justin’s room three minutes later to find all the lights off. The moonlight is cascading through the window and spilling onto the bed. To my surprise the bed is empty and the sheets are all tangled about, half of them on the floor. Where the hell is he? Justin is not one to miss a good sleep…

“Shit, Lauren…that was the longest fucking water break I have ever waited for,” he complains behind me and I jump as his arms snake around my waist, his hands clasping together around my stomach.

“Really what is it with you and your mom liking to scare the shit out of people at all hours of the night?” I shoot back but the rest of my protests are silenced as he slowly starts to kiss my neck. For a second I totally get caught in the moment but I slowly realize that this shouldn’t be happening right now. After all, I am in his house and yeah…just not a good idea.

“Justin?”

“Hmm?” he’s still kissing my neck and the vibrations from his lips tickle my skin. I have to hold the giggle in with all of my might. He can’t know I’m enjoying this because he’s only going to keep going until…oh man don’t want to think about it.

“You do realize that we’re in your house, correct?”

“Yeah…” he whispers lazily before he turns me around and starts to violently assault my collarbone with his mouth.

“And did it ever occur to you that your half-brothers are in the next room and we’re in the room you grew up in?”

“Your point?” he questions in a growl before his kisses start to travel upwards back to my neck and jaw line. Really he needs to stop this because I’m going to say fuck it in just a minute and throw everything to the wind. But I’m strong dammit, and I’m not going to let it happen. He can keep it in his pants for another day and a half.

“Well what if they wake up and hear us? I mean that is not something I want an eight and thirteen year old to hear. Especially when it’s their older brother who they idolize!”

“C’mon Lo, this’ll just give them another reason to worship me more,” he points out and I shake my head and sigh heavily. He may be thinking with his dick right now, but the ego isn’t too far behind. “Besides, they’re heavier sleepers than I am. Nothing to worry about…” he mumbles stupidly before he’s pressing tiny kisses around my mouth. He’s teasing me and I don’t like it at all. I want to show him that two can play this game but I don’t want to egg him on. I need to stay strong and not give in! I need…

And just like that the bastard has destroyed my wall of defense with a swift move. The ass hat found the one weakness that makes me lay down the weapons and wave the white flag. I can tell he’s smiling as he nibbles lightly on my ear lobe before he kisses the side of my face and digs his hands into my hair.

“I hate you,” I say sullenly and he knows that he has me right where he wants.

“No you don’t,” he growls into my ear and the shivers escalate up and down my spine.

“Justin!” I whine and I stamp the floor because this is pissing me off and half of me wants to run from the room while the other wants to throw him on the bed, “What if we get caught or something?”

“Seriously, Lauren? Lighten the hell up, where’s your sense of adventure?” I’m about to respond but he goes back to my other ear and I try to suppress the moan that’s threatening to escape. My toes curl as he pulls on my ear lobe and then lets go, his lips starting to outline my jaw again.

I can’t take it anymore.

“Oh fuck it,” I whisper quickly and I grab both sides of his face with my hands and pull him in for the real thing. He’s startled for a moment but that surpasses with a swiftness and he pulls me tighter against him. He feels wonderfully solid as we continue to kiss ourselves into a fervor. Despite it being the end of November and the chill is hanging outside in the Tennessee air, it is stifling hot inside. Articles of clothing definitely need to be shed in order for me to cool off, if that is even possible.

Our hands are roaming everywhere. His hands make their way up my shirt, and they’re so cool that they’re practically burning my scorching skin. My head rolls back as he kisses down my neck and before I can stop myself, a long slow moan escapes my throat and carries through the stale air in his room. He pauses his movements for a moment and looks up at me, a devilish glint in his eyes. “Why the hell did you stop?” I question in between my heavy breathing. He shrugs and purses his swollen lips. “Keep going!”

“I don’t know…” he pants, “I mean, maybe you’re right… my brothers <i>are</i> in the next room.” The little bastard is teasing me and I hate it when he does this. Hate it, hate it, hate it. He moves away from me and my body is screaming at me to not let him just walk away.

“I don’t think so,” I say slowly and I reach out and grab his arm. He looks at me with a huge smirk and before he can brace himself, I run forward and jump into his arms, my legs automatically wrapping around his waist. We’re both giggling like crazy and we quickly discard our tops as he inches his way over towards his bed. He’s taking his sweet time and I know he’s still being a prick and taunting me. I’m getting wound up so tight I’m about to burst and he knows it.

After what seems like an hour or more of kissing and hands wandering everywhere, his legs finally smack into the frame of the bed. Instinctively I lean back and he can either let me go or fall down with me. He chooses the latter and soon we’re continuing our little romp horizontally rather than vertical. Thank God, I thought we’d never get here.

A few more minutes sees the rest of our clothes in one heap on the floor and he’s positioned himself over me, the kisses never stopping. My arms are wrapped around his torso, fingers digging into his tight muscles. One of his hands is bracing his body against the mattress and the other is wrapped in my hair. I know he’s inches away from where I want him and the thought that he’s still taking his damn time is killing me. I look up at him and we look at each other just before he slips inside.

I can’t stop the moans and whimpers that are escaping my mouth as we start to ride the wave together. “Oh God,” I sigh into the crook of his neck. Our breathing starts to fall into a rhythm with our bodies and I’m absolutely beside myself with ecstasy.

“Just like that,” he cries in such a soft voice it’s barely above a whisper. I can feel us speeding like a runaway train to the edge and we aren’t stopping. My body is screaming to keep contact for as long as possible and I try to keep my moans audible only to him. His whole body quivers and I’m not too far behind him. I close my eyes tightly and hang onto his shoulders, trying my best to stay under control.

He rolls off of me and automatically raises the covers over our damp bodies. Our chests rise and fall, our heavy breathing weaving in and out with the melody of the wind sighing right outside the window. Justin steals a look at me and I turn to look at him. He reaches over and brushes a strand of sweat soaked hair off of my forehead.

“And you wanted to pass that up,” he chides. I reach over and smack him on the shoulder lightly. He laughs a little too loudly before he reaches over and pulls me close to him. He rests his head on top of mine and sighs contentedly. “Lauren?” he asks a few moments later, his voice is groggy and heavy with sleep. I’m in between consciousness and dead sleep but I open my eyes and look up at him.

“Hmm?”

“Just wanted to tell you that I love you before you fall asleep.” He kisses my forehead softly and I unabashedly return the favor.

“I love you, too.” 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: boyfriendj justin