Once they had returned from the beach, Tyler spilled the beans to JC that there was a birthday party planned for him. It was much to JC's dismay at first, but then he realized it would be better to be around some friends than to be lonely and think about Noelle for the remainder of his birthday. So he allowed for the plans to stay as they had been planned.

It was about half an hour until they had to be at the restaurant and JC was perfectly ready. He'd showered, finally decided to shave, and found himself a decent outfit for the evening. He came downstairs wearing some dark denim jeans, paired with a blue and white plaid button-up shirt, and a hat upon his head.

He found Tyler and Noah both in the living room, his brother having already left and came back, ready for the evening. He heard the two of them laughing and he smiled as he walked around the couch to join them.

"What's so, funny?" JC asked.

"Nothing. Noah was just being his silly self." Tyler replied with a grin.

JC nodded and then noticed that Noah had a box beside him and it was neatly wrapped in some birthday wrapping paper. He remembered Noah had said he had something else for him beside the picture and figured maybe this was it.

"Is that another present for me?" He asked, reaching for it. Noah nodded his head and smiled.

"Yes. It's for you, daddy. Found it with Uncle Tyler at the store." Tyler grinned.

"Yeah, we do some pretty good shopping together. Don't we, Noah?"

The little boy nodded and then watched as his daddy lifted the cover off of the box, having already discarded the wrapping paper.

JC set the lid of the box down on the coffee table and revealed what was inside the box. He grinned widely seeing a brand new, shiny silver fedora. He lifted it out of the box and inspected it closely.

"So you can look cool, daddy." Noah said before JC could even speak yet. JC laughed and nodded.

"That's right, bud. I will look cool wearing this. Daddy will wear it next time instead of my black one. Thank you very much, Noah."

Noah grinned, happy that his daddy approved of his gift.

"And where's your gift to me?" JC asked, looking at his brother.

Tyler laughed. "Who said I got you anything?"

JC rolled his eyes and waited for the jokester to reveal the truth.

"Okay...okay. I decided I'm fitting the bill for tonight. I'm paying for all the food and drinks, so you don't even have to worry, birthday boy. I also have a surprise guest that should be showing up. I think you'll be thanking me."

JC was happy to hear that he wouldn't have to even touch his wallet tonight, but the second part of Tyler's gift threw him off and he was almost scared to find out who this surprise guest would be.

The door bell then rang and JC stood up to answer it. On the other side of the door was his neighbor who was willing to watch Noah for the evening. He greeted the kind woman and then explained to her that he had packed a bunch of stuff for Noah and that if she needed to for any reason, she should call his cell phone.

He retrieved Noah's bag and handed it to his neighbor and then he picked up Noah from the couch. He hugged his son tightly into his arms and squeezed him tight, placing a kiss upon his head.

"Noah, it's time for you to go with Holly. She's going to watch you tonight and bring you back in the morning."

"But I wanna stay with you." Noah whimpered.

"I know, but daddy has a party for his birthday and you're too little to be there."

"Okay....fiiiine. I go with Holly." JC smiled, glad that there was no more argument.

"Have a good night, little man. I'll see you in the morning. I love you." He gave Noah another kiss and then set his son down, allowing him to take Holly's hand.

"See you later, daddy. Love you." He then waved and Holly just smiled, leading the little boy out of the house and down the steps of the porch.


JC sat in the passenger side, as his brother drove them to the restaurant. Tyler glanced over at him, not hearing a peep from his usually rambling brother.

"You alive over there?" JC finally let out a soft chuckle.

"Yeah....just thinking."

"About?"

"Nothing." Tyler rolled his eyes.

"I know it's not nothing. Tell me." JC sighed.

"Okay. Fine. Thinking about Noelle." Tyler laughed, pretty sure that was the answer, but happy to have it confirmed.

"I thought you'd say so." He nudged Tyler playfully.

"So!? I can't help it if she looked amazing on the beach and I didn't seize the moment."

"You should've, bro. I don't know why you've been so shy and scared about this. You just have to tell her how you really feel. You just have to get it off your chest and leave the ball in her court."

JC slowly nodded. "I know. God....she felt so good in my arms when Noah made us hug. Mmm...and she still smelled like honey and cinnamon. I just....need her back. It's been too damn long."

Tyler patted JC's shoulder for support and some encouragement.

"Don't worry, bro. You'll get your wits about you back and make her come back to you. I'm thinking it's going to happen soon. Really soon."

"Whatever you say." JC shrugged his shoulders, as they pulled up to the sushi restaurant, just in time for their reservation.


6:00 PM

 

He was seated at a nice table in the back of the restaurant, his brother sitting across from him. All of his invited guests would be showing up now and he watched as some of them were filing in through the entrance.

He waved as friends approached the table and grinned graciously as they all gave him birthday wishes right away. He shook hands with his male friends and then gave hugs to his female friends. It felt good to be in their presence, around people he knew for sure still cared about him.

Everyone took their seats, minus the one guest that wasn't a guarantee. Tyler had asked for the restaurant to add another chair to the table and he really did hope Noelle would show up. He knew she could always be running late, but late was better than a no-show. Hopefully, she'd join them soon.

The menus were passed around and orders were quickly placed. Jokes were being cracked about JC being an old man now and drinks were starting to be served. It was going to be an awesome dinner filled with laughter, booze, and sushi. Three things that JC loved.

7:00 PM

 

The waitress came with their food finally, setting down everyone's respective meals in front of them. JC dug into his sushi rolls and began filling his tummy with the Japanese delicacies. He also downed it down with some Grey Goose. Dinner was better to be expected and he wasn't sure why he actually loathed his birthday this year anymore. That was until Evan had to bring up the fact that JC needed some birthday sex.

"You know you want to get laid tonight, JC." Everyone at the table laughed.

"Well, maybe, but I don't do the random one night stand thing anymore." Tyler than chimed in.

"Yeah, he wants Noelle back." Then just like junior high everyone "oooooed" as if they had just found out some scandalous rumor.

Man...oh man. He's right. I want Noelle. If she could just appear and be ready to jump under the sheets. I'd tap that.

He shook his head and then blushed at his own thoughts. "Well...Ty does have a point. If I get any birthday sex tonight, I want Noelle to be the one in my bed. Though I know the odds are stacked against that happening."

His friends all clapped, happy to hear the news that JC still had major feelings for his ex and that his sexual appetite for her was still strong and rearing to go.

Tyler looked at his watch, seeing that it was getting later and Noelle still hadn't shown. They were almost done with dinner and dessert would be coming soon. He then felt JC's eyes on him and gave him a funny look.

"What?" JC pointed to the empty seat the table.

"So...surprise guest is a no-show, huh?" Tyler sighed.

"Seems like it, but maybe they'll get here for dessert."

JC just shrugged, thinking if this person truly cared, they would've already shown up.


8:30 PM

 

All the dinner plates had been moved from the table as well as many glasses that had occupied wine, liquor, and anything else that pleased the party guests. Everyone was still enthralled in conversation, just waiting for dessert to finally arrive.

The waitress came back with some tea and coffee and some new forks for everyone, along with small plates. Then another waitress came over to the table and placed a huge birthday cake in front of JC. It was simply decorated in vanilla frosting and said ‘Happy Birthday JC' and there were candles on it. The waitress carefully lit them and JC knew what was coming.

He knew he would listen to his friends and brother sing out of tune and then he'd have to make a birthday wish.

Come on...let's just get this over with.

He sighed as he heard the singing begin and then laughed as the song sounded like a train wreck. He blushed at the embarrassment of his guests, knowing everyone else in the restaurant was looking their way.

The candles continued to flicker and everyone then looked at JC, expectantly.

"Come on! Make a wish!" Evan hollered.

"Blow them out if you still have air, old man." One of the girls joked.

JC chuckled and then took a deep breath.

I wish...I wish...I wish that Noelle would give me a second chance. Please God...let her come back to me.

He then blew the candles out and everyone cheered as he managed to get them all out on one try.

Tyler looked at his watch once more and he knew...Noelle wasn't coming. It was almost three hours past when he told her to come and dessert would be over before they knew it.


10:00 PM

 

The party had been taken back to JC's house after they'd finished their dessert and Tyler paid for everyone. Those that were already totally wasted or had work in the morning had already headed home, but there were still a few of their good friends over and willing to celebrate more.

JC was in the kitchen, grabbing a beer from the refrigerator and he popped the cap off like a pro. He sipped some of it down and then heard the doorbell ring. He set his beer down on the counter.

At first, he wasn't sure if he really heard it, but it rang once more. He walked out of the kitchen and through to the living room then. Seeing Tyler and everyone else playing some sort of card game and being rather boisterous, he figured he would answer the door himself. It was his house after all.

JC went over to the door and he carefully unlocked it. He thought maybe it was someone returning to the party, but when he opened the door finally it was apparent. This guest wasn't returning to the party.

They were just showing up to the party.

His eyes roamed over her body and then they met her own. The same green eyes that he had just wished for were looking back at him. He could practically smell her scent already, even if he was a little tipsy.

He looked at her carefully and he thought it was almost a dream. Yet, he knew it was her in the flesh. But why?

"Did you answer the door, Josh? Who is it?" Tyler asked from the couch.

He found his voice and quickly answered. "Yeah, I got it. Don't worry about it."

Noelle looked back at JC, expectantly, just waiting for him to let her in.

He slowly mustered a smile and then he reached for her hand. It had been forever since he felt her hand in his, but it was the only way he could think of getting her in the house. He could already feel the electricity of her touch. He tugged her into the house and then he shut the door behind her.

"Noelle..." He finally whispered.

"JC.." She said quietly in return.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm so sorry I'm late. Tyler invited me earlier on the beach. I got held up with work and missed your dinner. Figured I could at least show up here."

"Wait.....so you were suppose to be my surprise guest?" Noelle gave him a sweet smile.

"I guess I was. I'm here now though. So...."

JC smiled and then looked over at Tyler, his backside to him.

Oh god...I love him. Thank god for little brothers.

He looked back at Noelle and then he tugged on her hand some more.

"Come on..let's go upstairs. I think we need to talk and not around my brother and friends."

"To your bedroom?" She asked, nerves apparent in her voice.

"Yeah. Is that okay? ‘Cause I'm pretty sure we always got along in there."

"Uh..well..yeah..Okay. Lead the way, birthday boy."

JC then led Noelle up to his bedroom in record time.

You're going to do this! You're going to get her back! Make her not want to leave tonight. Maybe Birthday wishes really can come true.

He then shut the bedroom door behind them, so no one could interrupt. Once it was shut, he threw caution to the wind and pushed Noelle up against the door.

His lips then crashed upon hers and he could feel her fight it at first, but then slowly give in as he kissed her harder.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for the continuous reading and reviewing. Just one more chapter! ;)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc