Author's Chapter Notes:
This is part of Ch. 3 and I'm sorry that it's been so long! Given all this time, it should be finished but I've been working almost everyday since Jan. I finally have some free time so you know what that means!!
  As memories crept upon him, Justin couldn't recal a time where he had ever been more nervous. It was surreal to think that he would be seeing Charisse and Nate again. He had dreamed of this moment since the day he had walked away from the two, but each passing year had made him more doubtful that he would see them again.
 Perhaps the biggest thing that shocked Justin was the deep emotion that came flooding back when Charisse's name flased across his phone's screen. In his mind, he was over her. He even resented her at times for taking their son away. Everything he'd ever imagined saying to her flew from his mind when she called.
 However, Justin's best friend, Trace was less than forgetful. "How can you even be sure she's really coming?" he asked, clearly aggitated by Justin's naivity.
 Justin simply sighed, "If I wanted to be berated on the situation, I would've called my mother." He checked his watch for the millionth time. The flight from Nashville was scheduled to arrive on time, and he wouldn't allow himself to think that Charisse and his son would not be on the plane.
 "Don't get me wrong, J, I want this for you. But...," Trace chose his words carefully when he saw the look Justin was giving him, "Did you at least call to see if she was boarding?"
 Before Justin could respond, the moment he'd been waiting for stopped the words in his throat.
 Trace turned to see what his friend was staring at. "Well, she still looks good," he admitted quietly.
 Justin agreed by remaining speechless. He managed to return the nervous smile Charisse gave him before shifting his focus to the small child walking next to her. As if pulled by a magnet, Justin approached the little boy. He marveled at the golden brown locks and facial features he'd only ever seen in the mirror.
 "He looks just like me," Justin beamed. As Justin continued to take in every characteristic of the child, he realized that the little boy wasn't sharing in the excitement. In fact, it looked as though the kid was about to faint. Justin opened his mouth to speak, but as usual, Charisse stepped in.
 "Nathan," she spoke sweetly to her son, " This is my friend, Justin."
The word "friend" stung, but Justin did his best to hide his pain. He knew Charisse had probably felt it best for them to talk first and tell Nathan the truth together.
Trace was less understanding, scoffing loudly and muttering something about waiting in the car as he walked away.
Nate continued to stare, wide-eyed at Justin. "B-but that's...That's Justin Timberlake."
Charisse and Justin shared a laugh. "I know, baby. But, believe it or not, Justin and I grew up in the same town. We've known each other for a long time."
Excitement filled Nathan's face, and it looked as though it was going to be too much for him to contain. Still, he spoke only to Charisse, "Are we spending the whole break with him?"
His mother nodded. "If it's ok with J," she trailed off, glancing up at him expectantly.
Justin forced a smile. "There's plenty of room for all of us." He shared a look with Charisse, as if somehow she'd be able to grasp the full meaning of his statement by reading his thoughts.
If she had known, Charisse didn't let on at all. She gripped Nathan's hand and turned to Justin. "Care to show us the way?"
"Uh, yea. Let's get your bags and we'll be on our way."

Incomplete
jsprncss8 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked (Another Song) All Over Again also liked 462 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story