Story Notes:
*Blaming this on re-runs of the beloved CBS comedy...

Noah looked out the window, watching as the snowstorm continued in full-force.  It was early afternoon, but the dark clouds and heavy snowfall made it feel like midnight.  The thirteen year-old ran a hand through his light brown locks as he took a seat next to his sister on the sofa.  Sarah yawned, having the novelty of a snowy day at home wear off hours ago.  The fifteen year-old put down the magazine she had been idly flipping through in frustration.  Their father looked up from his seat in the winged-back chair in the corner, where he had busied himself with reading the newspaper. 

“Dad, we’re bored…” Noah sighed, toying with one of the throw pillows on the sofa.

He put the newspaper down in response, looking at his children over the frames of his glasses.  “Alright, you guys are old enough now.  I am going to tell you the story of how I met your mother.”

Sarah crossed her arms, “I’ve heard that story already!”

Noah nodded, “Yes, you told us that one.”

“Sure, you’ve heard the short story.  But there’s a long version and it’s important that you both hear the whole story.”

“Is this going to take a while?” Sarah asked, toying with her ponytail.

“Well, seeing as there is a blizzard outside and both of you are running out of means of entertainment, this seems like the perfect time to tell the whole story.”

Noah nods, “Okay, Dad.  Let’s hear it…”

“Alright, here we go.  Once upon a time, before I was ‘Dad,’ I had this whole other life.  I was ‘Justin Timberlake: Single Guy.’  It was back in the beginning of 2011.  You see, 2010 had been an amazing year for me.  My movie career was really starting to take off and I was riding the wave of success and buzz from The Social Network.  Oscar season was going to strike soon and I was consumed with working on several films, as well as projects with my restaurants, the clothing line and Tennman Records.  Things were really starting to fall into place for me.”  

 Noah chuckled a little, “Really, Dad?  Starting? I think you had quite a few successes well before 2010…”

“True.  Life was good and life had been good.  I was busy living between the house in Los Angeles and the apartment in New York City when I wasn’t on location.  Anyway, it was right after New Year’s when everything changed.  It was a brisk January night when your Uncle Josh went and screwed everything up.”

“Uncle Josh?  He’s the most responsible adult I have ever met,” Sarah said, with surprise.

Justin chuckled, “Yes.  Uncle Josh is a very reliable guy, but back at the start of 2011 he had just made a life-changing decision for all of us…” 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: anniversary unrequited boyfriendj love bestfriendj fiancej jealous triangles exboyfriendj brotherlylove breakupj boyfriendjc postsync proposal originalcharacter justinandtrace justin fiancejc producerjc