Author's Chapter Notes:
The end is finally here, sniff, sniff.  I love this family and am going to miss spending time with them.  I hope you enjoy!

Three years later

JC dialed his phone as walked from the studio to the parking lot.  He chuckled as the phone was picked up, then dropped, and shifted around before his three-year-old daughters voice came over the phone. 

“Hi,” Rose announced into the phone.  JC could hear Laura in the background, calling to Rose not to answer the phone.

“Hey sweetheart,” was all JC got out before Laura snatched the phone up. 

“Sorry about that, hello?”

“Hey babe, you sound stressed.  Everything alright?” 

“JC, please don’t tell me that you’re calling to say you’re running late tonight or are staying late!  I need this night out really badly, Jace.  Do not do this to me!!” 

“Whoa…what caused all this?”  He heard her giving instructions to the kids before he heard a door close. 

“Do you know what your son did today?”

“Uh oh, my son, I’m afraid to ask.” 

“You should be.  Your son decided it would be fun to dump an entire bottle of dish soap in the dishwasher while I was out of the room.  So when I turned it on and came back an twenty minutes later –”  JC tried to cover his laughter, but wasn’t successful.  “This is not funny!” 

“No, you’re right, I’m sorry.  Please go on.”  JC bit the inside of his cheek to stifle his laughter. 

“I have never seen bubbles so high before – Jace!”  He couldn’t contain his laughter anymore.  But then over the phone, he could hear a giggle start.  It was hard to catch her next words as he was laughing so hard that tears were falling down his face and Laura’s laughter was beginning.  “Let’s just say that the kitchen floor and cupboards have never been so clean.”

They both gained a semblance of control.  “Please don’t cancel, Jace, I need this night with you and adult conversation.”

“Awww Laura…I’m not cancelling.  I just called to see if you wanted me to pick up a pizza or something for the kids’ supper.” 

A heartfelt sigh came over the phone, “That would be wonderful, thank you.”

“Alright, is Brandon there yet?”  Brandon was coming home for the weekend from college and had agreed to watch the twins for the night so JC and Laura could have some much needed alone time. 

“Yeah, he came in during the bubble fiasco and distracted the twins before he helped me clean up.”

“Good, then you leave them in his and Sophie’s very capable hands and go up and take a long hot shower since you’ve already had your bubble bath for the day.”  He couldn’t stop the laughter.  “Ahem…I’ll be home in a little bit and will take you out for an unforgettable evening.  How does that sound?”

“Like heaven…I’ve missed us.  It’s been a while since we had ‘us’ time.”

“I know…just wait until you see what I have planned.”  His voice was tender.  “So – you’d better get ready.  I’ll be home in a little while and I can’t wait.”

“I love you, JC.”

“I love you too, see you in a few.”

***

With her finger to her lips, Laura motioned to JC to quietly come to the playroom door.  JC moved in that direction as he finished rolling up his shirtsleeves. 

In the twins’ playroom, there was a small table with toddler sized chairs sitting around it.  Rose loved having tea parties with anyone who would sit with her and much of the time had a dozen stuffed animals around that would take tea and cookies with her.  It was very rare for Jacob to sit down and take tea, but she had somehow convinced him. 

The sight that greeted JC had him covering a chuckle as to not disturb the scene before them.  Brandon and Sophie had somehow folded themselves into the chairs and were holding tiny teacups in their hands as Rose gave them the proper instructions in how to hold up their pinky fingers when drinking tea. 

Laura slid an arm around JC’s waist.  They had really raised a wonderful family.  Brandon was in college studying to become a counselor and help other kids who were in the same situation , Sophie was turning into a beautiful young lady and loved her dance classes.  Rose and Jacob were finally out of the terrible twos, but still had so much energy.  Laura liked to blame that on JC genes. 

With a wave to both Brandon and Sophie, JC and Laura were able to sneak out quietly without being noticed by the twins.  Their older kids were so responsible that the parents felt extremely comfortable, knowing that Brandon would handle any problems that arose.  They needed this night alone with adult time and conversation. 

***

JC and Laura chatted about random things as he drove to their evening out.  He had refused to answer any questions about where they were going and Laura had decided to just go with it and enjoy the evening out with her husband.  She studied his profile as he drove.  He handled the vehicle with confidence that Laura thought was extremely sexy, his forearm muscles rippled as he maneuvered the car through the heavy traffic. 

Laura was jolted out of her thoughts as he pulled off the street.  “Why Mr. Chasez are you taking me to a hotel on our date?  What kind of woman do you think I am?”

He paused before he got out of the car to turn it over to the valet.  Looking into Laura’s eyes, he smiled, “The kind of woman that has missed being with her husband as much as her husband has been missing her.”

“Are you planning on getting lucky tonight, Mr. Chasez?” 

With a quick kiss on her lips and a wink, he said, “I’m counting on it, Mrs. Chasez.”

They exited the car and when JC made his way to her side of the car, he grabbed her hand pulling her along behind him through the door.  He bypassed the front desk, giving a nod to the clerk working, instead heading directly toward a private elevator hidden from the lobby. 

He swiped the key card that he had been given earlier in the day when he checked in, pushing the button for the penthouse.  Laura raised her brow at that, but said nothing.

After reaching the correct floor, JC swiped his card again and let Laura precede him into the suite.  He had no more than pulled her into his arms when a knock sounded on the door. 

Reluctantly he let her out of her arms and reached to open the door.  A uniformed man entered pushing a cart of covered dishes.  While JC instructed him where to set the food and gave him a tip, Laura wandered out onto the balcony to see the gorgeous view. 

When she felt his presence behind her, she spoke teasingly.  “This is the reason I married you, you know.”

“And what reason is that?”  Laura turned around to see JC looking at her with love in his eyes as he twirled the stem of a deep red rose in his hand.  His stance was casual as he leaned against the doorjamb. 

“The life of luxury and refinement and money and penthouse vacations, relaxation all the time.”

“Isn’t that interesting?  You see all these years, I thought you married me for love.”  He pushed off the doorframe and took slow steps toward her, eventually trapping her with his arms grasping the railing on both sides of her waist.  He still hadn’t touched her.  Her body was humming with awareness at his closeness.  How could this man still cause such a reaction in her even after all these years?

“Hmmm…that may have played a small part in my decision.”  Her voice held a slight tremble as she reveled in his true masculinity.  Her husband was such a strong male that made her feel so ultra feminine.  He provided for her and their children and made their lives so much better for being in them.  He was so involved with the kids’ lives and yet still set aside time for them to be a couple. 

Her gaze was locked on his as he slowly brought the hand that held the rose up to her face.  He drew the soft petals over her cheeks before he caressed her lips with the delicate bloom.  The rose headed down her neck and over the sensitive skin that disappeared beneath her blouse.  His eyes followed the path until it met the fabric barrier.

His eyes were half closed as he narrowed the distance between them.  Their deep blue color spoke of his desire and need for her.  The first touch of their lips was like a butterflies wings, soft, light, caressing.  Laura tried to deepen the contact, but JC pulled back with a teasing smile. 

“Ah, ah, ah…is that all you want from me?  I went to all this trouble to plan this evening and have this delicious meal delivered in a beautiful suite for a perfect evening with my wife and you just want to jump to the end.”

Laura caught the glimmer in his eye as she decided to play along.  “Alright, if that’s what you want, then let’s just enjoy the view.”  She turned back to the view as JC pressed his body against her back, leaning his chin on her shoulder.  His arms wrapped around her waist and hers rested on top of his.  She leaned her head back against his shoulder and hummed in contentment. 

JC’s sigh sent a shiver down her spine as it stirred the tendrils of her hair.  He turned his face into her neck and nuzzled.  She could feel his smile as he tugged on her ear lobe with his teeth. 

“Why Mr. Chasez, what happened to the delicious food and the rest of the evening you had planned for us?”

“We can order more.”  He turned her around in his arms, tossing the rose onto the balcony’s chair.  In one motion, he placed a strong arm behind her back and the other behind her knees, lifting her.  He tucked her against his chest as her arms automatically closed around his neck.  One hand nestled in the locks of his hair as he bore her gently inside their room.  He paused so she could shut the world out with the close of the sliding door. 

He moved to the bedroom door, where Laura let out a squeal as she noticed the beautiful flower arrangement on the dresser.  She snatched the card from its holder as JC passed by on his way to the large bed.  He placed her on her feet next to the bed and kicked off his shoes.  Before she could open the envelope, JC had taken it and tossed it over his shoulder. 

“But I wanted to read that,” she protested. 

“Later…no more distractions.”  He brushed her hair away from her face. 

“Then you tell me what it said,” she said as her hands roamed over his chest, moving toward the top button on his shirt, feeling his heart beat pick up its pace. 

“How about I show you instead?”  He whispered as he began to work on the buttons on her blouse. 

“Even better,” the words were lost as their lips finally succumbed to temptation and met as if for the first time.  And JC proceeded to show Laura exactly what he meant. 

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you so much for reading and please review!

Completed
Lew is the author of 19 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Looking into the Future also liked 30 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc marriedjc