JC gave Laura a brief tour of the house, showing her the enormous kitchen and living room, before taking her to one of the guest rooms on the second floor with the attached bath.  His house wasn’t what she expected it to be.  It looked comfortable, as if he spent a lot of time there, it wasn’t a show place, it was homey. 

“If you need any clothes or any thing, check the closet.  This is where my sister stays when she’s here and you’re about the same size.  Make yourself at home.  Do you need anything?”

“Could you help me wrap my arm?  I’d like to take a shower, if you don’t mind.”

“Yeah, I can do that.  Let me grab a trash bag and some rubber bands and I’ll be right back.”

She sat on the bed, while she waited for him to gather the supplies.  This bedroom was decorated in soft rose tones with a lot of lace.  The room was beautiful.  JC hustled back in, breaking into her thoughts. 

“Ok, lift your arm up.  I’ll try not to bump it.”

“This is a beautiful room.”

“Thanks, my sister loves it, it suits her perfectly.”

“There, all set anything else?”  Laura shook her head no.  “Then I’ll be down in the living room or in the studio downstairs, come on down if you want and I’ll make you something to eat.”

“Ok, thank you.”

***

After dressing and removing the wet trash bag, she took a brush through her long locks and headed downstairs to get a glass of water.  She wasn’t hungry, but was very thirsty.  Pausing on the last step, she heard JC on the phone from the living room. 

His voice was low, but she could plainly hear the words that he spoke.  “Yeah, man I need to cancel for the next couple of days.”

He laughed, “No I got stuck with this woman from the center.  She fell and broke her arm so now I have to take care of her until I can ship her back out to where she belongs…yeah, a huge inconvenience…no not beautiful, but not a dog either…what was I supposed to do…I don’t know how I get into these situations with the problem women, they’re like drawn to me I guess.”

His voice faded away as he left the room and headed to the studio Laura guessed.  She had had such a crush on JC when she had been younger and disappointed when the group broke up.  He had always seemed down to earth and caring.  Now her fantasy had been shattered.  Clearly, in real life, he was all about himself. 

Going into the kitchen, she glanced around for a phone book and something that had his address on it.  If she was such an inconvenience, she would just leave. 

It was her lucky day.  There was a phone book on the counter and an envelope with JC’s address stuck on the refrigerator.  Next to the phone book was a notepad and pen.  Flipping though the phone book, she quickly located the number of a local cab company and wrote it down.  Then she turned and wrote down his house number and street before heading back upstairs. 

Taking her cell phone out, she dialed the cab company and was told someone would be by to pick her up in 10 minutes.  Quickly gathering all of her belongings, she wrote a quick note to leave on the counter on her way out.  Heading back down the stairs, she hoped JC was still in his studio. 

Rushing through the kitchen, she placed the note prominently on the counter where she was sure he wouldn’t miss it.  Silently she opened the door and shut it behind her.  Just as she reached the bottom of the drive, the cab pulled up and she quickly got in and told the address, breathing a sigh of relief she would never have to see JC Chasez again. 

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think!  Will JC go after her?  Only the next chapter will tell!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc marriedjc