Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not claim to know Justin Timberlake, his family, friends, or anyone closely related to him. The feelings expressed in this story simply fiction and I do not claim to know that this is how the publicly recognisable characters would feel.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, here's my new one. Please, please, tell me what you think! I absolutely LOVE hearing feedback. I didn't think I would get this out so soon, but inspiration hit when I least expected it. I hope you guys enjoy!

I'll come up with witty Chapter titles later! LOL
“I had a nice time.”

Ava smiled as she moved closer to her apartment door. She reached behind her and placed her hand on her door knob. She tried to muster up the most enthusiastic voice she could, and lied to the man standing before her, “So did I.”

He looked back and forth between her and the elevator, and nervously tried to find the words he was trying to say, “Are you sure you want to end it so soon? I mean we can go get some coffee or something if you want?”

She honestly felt bad for the guy, she really did. But he simply wasn’t her type. Matthew, the date she had no interest in that was standing before her, wasn’t exactly the type of guy she loathed. She was a sucker for the dorky types. But this guy…she wasn’t sure what he was. She could tell that it took all of his confidence to even go on this date with her, and he was nervous all through out the date. He had took her to a nice restaurant, and everything was going fine…until he knocked over a glass of red wine that spilled on her new baby blue dress. He instantly apologized and quickly tried to help her clean up the mess. He offered her his suit jacket, which she thought was very sweet.

She knew it was accident and honestly wasn’t mad at him. But as the night progressed, so did the accidents.

She felt bad for him, and hated what she was about to do. But he just didn’t have what she was looking for.

Ava reached up and pushed some stray hair behind her ear, “Umm, thank you for the date. I, uh, I think I’m gonna go now.” She said as she offered him her best smile.

“Alright, thank you for agreeing to the date.”

“No problem.” She felt a little better when she realized she would have someone to take her anger out on once she stepped inside, who was her roommate, and also the person behind this whole blind date thing.

He smiled at her, and he honestly had a great smile. A smile that would someday make any girl happy to be on the receiving in…but that someone wasn’t her.

“Can I call you again?” he asked and for the first time that night she actually heard confidence behind his words.

She felt the guilt butterflies began to flutter in her stomach, “Matt, I really did enjoy your company tonight, but I honestly don’t see this going any further.”

“Oh.” He said as he hung his head and looked at his feet. He shoved his hands in the pocket of his slacks.

She bit her bottom lip and made a moved toward him. She placed her arm on his shoulder, “You’re a great guy. You’re adorable, funny, smart, and any girl would be lucky to have you. But I really don’t think it’s me. I really didn’t feel a connection.”

He looked back up at her and smiled a small smile, “Thank you. I’m glad you were honest with me.”

“Well I’m a firm believer that honesty is better than leading a person on.”

He smiled again, “I’ll let you go. I hope you find whatever it is you’re looking for.”

She smiled at him, “I hope the same for you. You really are a nice guy, and I’m sorry that I can’t be that person for you.”

“Me too. Goodnight, Ava.” He said as he waved at her and walked toward the elevator.

Once the elevator doors closed, she sighed and turned the knob and entered into her apartment. She closed the door behind her, and slipped out of her heels. She placed her purse on the foyer table, and walked further into the apartment. She reached the living room, and found Kaci, her roommate, lying on the couch.

“You’re back early.” She said not taking her eyes from the book she was reading. Kaci was not only her roommate but her best friend. They had known each other since high school, and were pretty much inseparable since their meeting.

Kaci and Ava were the polar opposite of each other. Kaci had blonde hair, Ava was brunette. Kaci had absolutely no idea what she was going to do with her life. She’s the live life by the moment and fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl. She’s 26, a few months older than Ava and still in college with no major declared…yet. She’s perfectly content with trying to find herself out and her waitress job at Hooter’s.

Ava is different. She liked to live life to the moment as well, but she always knew what she wanted out of life. She graduated college last year and is now a full time pediatric nurse at a hospital in the heart of LA.

Ava fell back into the couch at the other end of Kaci. “It was something short of a disaster.”

“You’re so dramatic.” Kaci said as she smiled never taking her eyes from her book as she turned the page.

“Umm, no I’m not.” Ava said rolling her eyes.

For the first time Kaci finally looked at her friend, her eyes nearly bugged out of her head when she saw her dress, “What happened to your dress?” She asked placing her book on the coffee table.

“Matthew.” Ava said sympathetically.

Kaci bit her lip, “I should have warned you that he’s the nervous type around women.”

“Yeah that would have been nice to know.”

“I’m sorry. But I thought you were a sucker for dorky guys?”

“I am. I would be the first person to fall for a Seth Cohen or Ducky, but this guy- while cute- was in a league all his own.” I said as I reached for her bottle of water on the table.

“Come on it couldn’t have been that bad.”

“I was there. And it was.”

“What else happened beside the dress incident?”

“Well after dinner- which he proceeded to order for me without my consent, and you know how I hate that- we went dancing. Everything was going good and when he went to dip me, he dropped me.”

Kaci’s mouth dropped and she laughed, “No way.”

“Yes, he did. It was all cute, and it didn’t make me mad or anything. I just…”

Kaci cut her off, “Didn’t feel a connection. I know.”

Ava rolled her eyes and laughed, “I’m sorry if I know what I’m looking for.”

“See, this is were you and I differ. What’s wrong with dating around? And actually going on more than one date with a guy? How are you going to feel a connection after just one date?”

Ava sighed and shrugged, “I have hope.”

Kaci laughed, “No, you just have high standards.” She said as she stood up and began to walk into the kitchen.

Ava turned around on the couch and looked toward the kitchen, “You act like I want a Prince Charming on a White Horse type of person. I don’t, I just simply want love. Is that so bad?”

“No, it’s what every girl wants. But some of us women don’t get that in our lives. And how are you going to know after just one date?” Kaci said as she came back into the living room and tossed her a Dr. Pepper.

“Despite what you think, I can tell after just one date if I’ll be able to go further with a guy or not.” She said as she popped the top on the can and took a drink.

“I don’t see what your rush is anyway. You’re 26, live it up girl!”

Ava laughed, “I’ve had my fun, my causal sex encounters, my drunken nights that were one to many, and my close calls. Now I want to settle down, I want to have kids before I’m thirty. I don’t want to be pushing fifty when my kids graduate.”

“I think you’ve been reading one to many Nicholas Sparks books. Come on! Noah and Allie were fictional characters.”

“Based on his wife’s grandparents. So, don’t tell me that it isn’t possible. My own grandparents are living proof of this.”

“Touché.” Kaci said as she took another drink, “How are you going to meet Love Boy when the only men you meet are expectant fathers, happily married fathers, or infants?”

“I’ll find him somehow.” Ava said as she took another drink of her Dr. Pepper. She pulled herself off the couch and addressed her friend, “I think I’m gonna hit the showers, and try to wash off the disaster of the night.”

“Alright. Hey, I bought the second season of Grey’s Anatomy. When you get out of the shower you wanna have a date with the only guy you depend on?”

Ava smiled at the thought of McDreamy, “Sounds wonderful. Give me ten minutes.”

With thoughts of her impending date with Patrick Dempsey, she hurried into the shower. All thoughts of the Disaster Date gone from the brain…well at least for now.
Chapter End Notes:
Well...Go On! Tell me what you think! LOL. Did I mention that I love you guys? : )


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story