Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's short.  I've been so blocked lately but this morning inspiration struck and I wanted to get this posted before work. 

Slamming the car into park, JC didn’t even bother to turn off the engine before throwing open his door and storming toward the porch.  “Get the hell off my property before I call the police and have you arrested for trespassing and breaking your restraining order.” 

He stopped on the sidewalk a few feet away and dug in his pocket for his cell phone.  This woman had already ruined his life enough, he wasn’t going to let her hurt them again.  JC looked up from dialing when he heard a shocked gasp.  Susie had stood as he approached, but now she collapsed back down with a pale face and huge eyes. 

Her gaze was locked over his shoulder at Beth who had turned the car off and was making her way towards the porch.  Susie started gasping for breath as she hyperventilated.  JC narrowed his eyes at her ploy, but Beth slid past him towards the shaken woman. 

His hand on her arm stopped her momentarily, “Look JC, I can’t stand her either, but unless we do something she’s going to pass out on our lawn.”  Reluctantly he released her but followed closely behind as she approached Susie and knelt down awkwardly next to the woman.  His finger was poised to press the send button if it became necessary.  Reaching out, Beth placed a hand on the back of Susie’s head, forcing it down toward her knees.    

JC and Beth couldn’t quite catch the words that Susie was mumbling under her breath against her knees.  Beth shot a questioning look at her husband who merely shrugged his shoulders in disgust. 

“Can you get a couple of bottles of water and a wet washcloth, please?”  Beth asked JC. 

He shook his head stubbornly.  “No way, I’m not leaving you alone with this – this person.” 

Beth rolled her eyes and tried to struggle to her feet.  “Fine, then I’ll do it.”  He quickly put a supporting hand under her elbow as she stood. 

JC followed her to the front door, arguing, “Beth, why are you doing this, with one phone call I can have her out of our lives forever and probably in jail.”

At that Susie jumped to her feet and turned toward the couple, “JAIL!!  I don’t want to go to jail!  I just wanted to come and apologize for the part that I played in this whole situation.”  Susie approached Beth with eyes on her swollen belly.  JC took a threatening step in front of his wife, staring at his former assistant with dangerous eyes.  Susie paused in her trek.  “I honestly had no idea you were pregnant.  If I had a clue, I would have never…”  She scrubbed a hand down her face. 

“I just have one question for you.”  Beth paused as Susie looked past JC at her.  “Why would you do such a thing?  What did we ever do to you that you would try and tear us apart like that?”  Beth charged forward, shaking off JC’s hand and ignoring his whispered plea to calm down, as she finally confronted the woman who had helped cause the rift between her and her husband. 

“Do you have any idea of the pain that you have caused?  What would possess you to clear out a bank account, cancel credit cards, and most importantly cancel someone’s health insurance?  I have had to work –“  Beth’s eyes widened as her hands went to her stomach. 

Fortunately, JC was there to catch her before she collapsed to the ground.  He swung her up into his arms quickly, yelling at Susie to open the car door.  Beth was mumbling the whole time about how something was wrong as she curled into a ball in his arms. 

“Hang on, baby, we’ll get you help, just hang on!”  He ran to his side of the car as he glared at Susie.  “Haven’t you caused enough problems, get out of here, I never want to see you again!”  With that he slammed the door and sped his wife toward the emergency room.

Chapter End Notes:
Review!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc pregnant cheaterjc