Story Notes:
The only thing I own is the story. Happy reading
Nick turned his head to see his brother, the man he hadn't seen since they were 5. Shaking his head he stood to greet the man. "Hey, how are you?" he asked. 

The man relaxed a little "good, could be better but good." 

Inviting the man to sit, Nick quickly found a place to sit in the lobby of the hotel he was staying at. "Mr. Chasez, JC, no Josh oh whatever look you wanted to know who I was and what I'm about so here's the condensed version." Nick took in a deep breath as he watched JC nervously listen "you and I were born in DC, on august eighth, I know you already know that, but anyway when you were adopted by the Chasez's I was adopted by a family in California, my father is a marine, just as I am. When I was eighteen I left home and moved to the east coast."

Before nick could continue JC shook his head and said "how come you didn't try to find me?" rubbing his neck he leaned forward "better question, how did you manage not to get mistaken for me, by fans?" 

Laughing Nick replied "you see this?" he pulled the sleeve of his shirt up to his elbow to reveal a large tattoo. "that's how people did not get me confused with you." he grinned at his biological twin brother's reaction of slight disgust "I knew you had a fear of needles, so that made my life a little easier."

Nodding his head, JC waved his hand at nick "sorry, go ahead."

Nick continued "I am engaged to a wonderful woman who helped me when my mom passed away a year ago." his Blue eyes stared at the ground "I have always felt that Love was real especially when shown to the one that I would someday marry." 

JC's eyes watched his brother talk, fascinated that this man was his twin but a little more buff and with tattoos, though they had two phone conversations, several emails, a few texts, and this physical meeting, JC felt as though they grew up in the same house. Seeing the twinkle in his brothers eyes as he spoke about being engaged made JC think "Nick, why don't we cancel your reservation and you stay at my house, so we can catch up?"

With a smile nick nodded his head and stood "yes, that sounds like a plan."

Part 2 of ch. 1

Pulling into the garage of his Hollywood home JC put the car in park, then got out of his car and popping the trunk open to retrieve Nick's large duffle bag. Before JC could tug on the strap of the bag, Nick grabbed it and smiled as he started to make small talk "I've got it, so you live in this place?" 

Nodding his head JC replied nervously "yeah, I bought it almost 10 years ago... I think it was." trying to decipher his brothers reaction, JC shook his head. "I'll show you where you are going to sleep." JC opened the door that led to the house from the garage.

Nick followed JC through the kitchen to the room Nick would be staying in. "this is your room." Nick's blue eyes scanned the room, it seemed as though it had been recently redecorated.
Thinking of how his fiancé redecorated his house, Nick Laughed at the memory. 

Hearing that eerily similar laugh of his own, JC looked questionably at his brother "care to share with the class?" he asked with a smile.

Taking a breath from laughter, Nick smiled back "Ava, my fiancé decorated my house before..." he paused then shook his head "before I was discharged."

Seeing that his brother was Having a hard time JC shook his head "you don't need to tell me everything about your life, at least not now." 

Nodding his head Nick understood JC's hesitation "no, it's ok." setting his bag onto the queen size bed Nick began to look around. "is it alright with you if I look around?"

Nodding his head JC smile "yeah man" he looked at his watch "I actually need to be at the studio, if you get hungry you can call for take out or pizza." 

"No, I will be fine." Nick though for a moment "do you have any food I can grill on a barbecue?" Nick asked hopefully.

JC smiled "yes, I have some chicken and a sirloin steak in the freezer other than that, I have cereal." 

Nick laughed "alright, thanks." with that JC was gone. 

Continuing his way through the house Nick looked at photo's of his younger twin brother over the years. He stopped at one where JC and the guys performed at Atlantis JC's eyes mirrored his own the hair he had back then mirrored his own, But Nick had no clue what this picture was about. Moving on Nick laughed as he saw a picture of his brother making a face at the camera. He spotted another picture where his brother was standing next to a man in a graduation gown. 

In a whisper Nick realized he wished he was there when JC found out he had a number one hit, or when he was nominated for a Grammy. Just to be a part of his brother's hectic life to help him through life. One of the last pictures he saw was JC hugging a young girl of the age of at least 5. Smiling Nick picked up the photo off the mantle to see if anything was written on the back. Indeed there was "Lisa's first day at school."

Later that night Nick sat on the couch watching his brother pace as he talked on the phone. 

"Look, I know what you are going to say, so just say it." JC bit out as his free hand waved in the air. "Lena, come on I know you aren't that mad at me." Pulling the phone from his ear JC angrily shook his head, continuing to listen to Lena's angry voice JC shifted the phone to his other ear. "that's it then, you want nothing to do with me because of what I said at the interview?" Pinching the bridge of his nose JC sighed as he heard her hang up the phone, "that's it then." 

He sat down next to nick, "man, you are lucky."

Nick turned his head "what makes you think that?"

Shaking his head JC laughed "that was Lena, a good friend of mine, and my publicist. You don't have your friend covering your back when something you say causes an uproar."

Nodding his head Nick eyed the phone in his brother's hand "will she be ok? I mean it sounded serious."

Looking at his phone JC smiled "yeah, she gets like that sometimes. Tomorrow you will get to meet her."

"Can I ask you a personal question?" Nick questioned cautiously.

Seeing that his brother was nervous, JC relaxed back into the love seat he sat in. "yes, of course."

Standing, Nick walked over to the pictures "who is this girl?" He took the picture over to jc. 

A small laugh left JC's lips "That is Lisa, she's 5." he took a breath "She's my daughter, but I have only met her a few times, once when she was born, the day she went to school for the first time, and then on her birthday this year." seeing his brother's confusion JC continued "her mother was a wonderful woman, and I cared about her, but we were at two different places in our lives. She died in a car wreck 2 months after Lisa was born and my career is no place for a little girl especially my little girl to be, so she was put into the custody of a friend of ours." JC brushed his fingers over the picture. 

Silence filled the air as Nick watched JC put the picture back onto the mantle "Was she adopted by them?" Nick asked

Shaking his head, JC sat back down "it's kind of complicated, she lives with them, they are raising her, but if she breaks a leg or something else happens to her they need my permission for anything."

Nodding his head, Nick smiled "so, lena is your..." he raised his hands to make air quotes "friend?"

Rolling his eyes, JC groaned in annoyance "yes, she's just a friend." 

Laughter filled the room "if I didn't know better I would say, you like her."

Growling JC began to pace "why is everyone asking me this?" 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc twins lovetriangle