Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long, I have been on vacation so here's the new chapter.
With a raise of his eyebrow, Nick laughed "I'm just calling it the way I see it."

JC sighed as he Rubbed his neck,  "maybe you're right."  

 Shaking his head Nick smiled "don't worry it happens to the best of us." 

With a yawn, JC stood "alright man, I got to get some sleep." Walking over to the stairs JC looked back at Nick and smiled "it's good to see you." He then continued up the stairs to his bedroom leaving Nick in the room.

Nodding his head Nick waved to JC before JC had gone upstairs to his room. Looking at his own phone Nick decided to try to call Ava, several rings later he heard the increasingly familiar greeting.

"Hey, it's Ava you know what to do." That's when the beep was heard.

Sadly Nick shook his head "hey, Ava" he sighed "I know it's late, but I figured I would call to see if we could talk and to tell you that I love you." He hung up the phone and placed it in his pocket as he too headed for bed.

Hearing the sound of his phone ringing the next morning, Nick sleepily answered "hullo?" he then groaned as he stretched his tired body. 

The voice on the other end answered "Nick?"

Rubbing his eyes Nick sat up "Ava?"

With a sigh Ava spoke "Nick, I know what you are going to say." She shook her head "I'm sorry, I just can't do this, I thought I could."

Nick nodded "I know, I just... Like I said on the voicemail, I love you, I don't want to let you go." 

Ava wiped a tear off her cheek "I know and I love you,  I just feel that I can't play second fiddle while you are deployed, it would kill me if I had to tell our children that daddy won't be home because he died." 

Frustrated, Nick flopped back onto the bed "Ava, I told you I wont be on the front lines again because of the fact that I physically can't anymore." Lifting his right arm to look at the long scar that ran from his wrist to his elbow.

Nodding her head Ava remembered him having to move his tool box a few months before but became frustrated because the strength and feeling in that arm was not what it had been. "Nick, I'm sorry." with that she hung up the phone. 

Staring at his phone, Nick sighed "why?" He growled as he got out of bed and wandered downstairs to have some breakfast. Not paying attention Nick collided with another body.

"oof, JC I swear you are going to..." The woman whom Nick collided with spat out before she noticed the tattoos on his bare chest "kill me, when did you get these, are they henna?" she asked as she studied the one on the right side of his chest.

Holding the woman's arms Nick chuckled, "I'm not JC, I'm Nick his biological older twin brother and no these are real tattoos I should know I paid an arm and a leg for the one on my back."

With her jaw almost hitting the floor, the woman shook her head "seriously? When was he going to drop this little detail on me? Sorry I'm Lena Marx, no I'm not related to Richard Marx." She Smiled as she held out her hand to Nick.

Nick smiled  "so you are Lena." as he shook her hand. 

Rolling her eyes Lena nodded her head "whatever JC has told you is a lie." 

"Hey, I did not lie." JC shouted from the office down the hallway.

Nick and Lena looked at one another then saw JC emerge from his office "This guy thinks I have a thing for you." with that admission JC shook his head as embarrassment shown on his face "I mean yeah, I'm going to call Mitch and Lexi to see when they plan on bringing my baby girl over." With that JC left Nick and Lena staring after him.

Staring after JC in shock Lena laughed "you think he likes me?" she then turned her brown eyes to Nick.

Swallowing the nervousness that seemed to be in his throat Nick nodded "Uh yes, because... Yes, I um I gotta get some breakfast." He continued his way to the kitchen. 

Smiling at her friend's brother's nervousness toward her, Lena decided to question JC about everything once he came back from talking to his daughter's guardians. Raising her eyes heavenward Lena whispered "please tell me I am not asking for punishment with JC and his crazy life."

"You think you are being punished for my life?" JC's voice was heard behind Lena as she jumped in shock at hearing his voice.

Lena glared at her friend "If you must know, yes. When were you going to tell me about him?" she whispered.

JC walked into the kitchen with Lena quickly following behind "Today, and besides what is the big deal?" he questioned as he opened the fridge in search of food.

Nick watched the two from his position at the kitchen table, more particularly at the brunette woman standing in front of his brother.

"JC, you know I need to know these things to make sure nothing that you want kept private, stays that way." Lena sighed "I have worked so hard to keep Lisa under the Radar, but this?" she waved her hand between the brothers "is beyond me because you did not warn me."

With a look of remorse, JC nodded "sorry, I know you want to kill me right now and probably delete my name off of everything that ties you to me." 

Nick's laughter was heard as he watched the exchange "Man, I'd stop before you dig a deeper hole for yourself."

Turning to his brother, JC rolled his eyes "Thanks Nick" he then turned his attention to an unamused Lena "ok, Lena this is my brother Nick" Nick smiled as JC continued "we got in contact through Mitch who happens to be one of Nick's buddies from the Marines, now can I get ready for when my daughter comes over?" His eyes pleaded with her to drop the issue.

Sighing Lena nodded her head "JC, you do realize though that the media is going to be all over this." she spoke softly that only JC could hear "What if Nick gets attention that he doesn't want?"

Nick sat up and cleared his throat to make his presence known "Lena, sweetie" Hearing the pet name Lena's green eyes began to glare at him as he continued "I don't care about the publicity that comes with my brothers career, I have stared death in the face, I don't give a second thought as to what might happen because I have waited 30 years to see my brother and no two bit rat such as a paparazzi is going to Change my mind. Family is family regardless of whether he and I grew up together." The veins on his neck shown as he stood and left in anger at Lena's assumptions.

Blinking back the shock Lena stared after the man "I better get going, I have. I need. Ugh that man is your brother?" she turned to face JC who gave her a knowing smile.

"Yep, but he's off the market." JC winked at her as he grabbed an apple off the counter. 

Folding her arms over her chest Lena glared at JC "Don't even think about it C, I am not attracted to him." 

Lifting his hands in the air JC laughed "who said anything about attraction, I only told you that he is off limits." seeing his friends face fall, JC knew he was right.
Chapter End Notes:
Have a great weekend.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc twins lovetriangle