Story Notes:
I know.  I suck.  I haven't written anything in FOREVER!!  My brain seriously feels like it has turned into a raisin.  I was going through some old files hoping that something would catch my eye and spark some inspiration and came across these short pieces that I wrote a while ago.  The intent was to hopefully turn them into another long story, but...that doesn't look like it's gonna happen.  So, I figured I'd put them up here for you guys to read and (hopefully) enjoy! 
Author's Chapter Notes:
A much anticipated day finally arrives!

Aubrey paced back and forth in the hospital waiting room, nervously twisting her fingers.  Every time she heard the automatic doors open she looked up, hoping to see the familiar form of her husband walking towards her, but each time she was disappointed.  The last nine months had been leading to this point and now that it was here, Aubrey couldn't believe how nervous she was.  She'd heard of women changing their minds at the last moment and, even though they had a legal agreement that all parties had signed before they'd begun this whole endeavor, a small part of her worried that the last nine months would turn out to be all for nothing.  She crossed her right arm over her stomach and lifted her left hand to her mouth, beginning to chew on her thumbnail.    

            Rebecca had called her an hour ago to inform her that she had begun to have regular contractions and was heading to the hospital.  Aubrey had left work early and called Justin who had stated he would meet her there and now she stood, torn about whether she should stay out here waiting for Justin, or be in the delivery room with Rebecca.  The automatic doors behind her opened once more and Aubrey turned, exhaling a sigh as Justin hurried towards her. 

            "What did I miss?" He asked.

            "Nothing." Aubrey insisted, resting her head against his chest as he put his arms around her.  "Come on." She said, pulling back and taking his hand.  "Are you ready?"

 

~*~

 

 

            Aubrey's heart expanded to the point of feeling like it was going to burst from her chest as she looked down at the infant in her arms later that evening.  Her son.  The baby opened his mouth, his tiny nose crinkling as he yawned.  One little eye opened, followed by the other one and Aubrey was amazed at the overwhelming love she felt coursing through her.  This was a day she never thought she'd see.  Since that fateful day when she was eighteen and had had to make the decision to have a hysterectomy, Aubrey had tried to come to terms with the fact that she would never have a child of her own.  Yet, here she was.  Holding her son-the child she and Justin had created together.  Modern medicine was a wonderful thing and she would forever be grateful for this particular miracle.   She reached up with one hand, wiping away the lone tear that trailed down her cheek. 

            "Hey.  No tears."

            Aubrey looked up as Justin walked into the room they had been given by the hospital staff to stay in overnight.  She smiled as he came to stand next to her.  "How did it go?" She asked.

            Justin rolled his eyes and Aubrey chuckled.  "I gave them a statement." He said, referring to the media outlets who had set up camp outside the hospital when it had been leaked that their baby had been born.  He squatted down beside the chair where she sat and looked at the baby.  "I told them everything went well and the baby is healthy."

            "We need to decide on a name." Aubrey told him as she handed him the baby.  Justin looked unsure for a moment but took the baby into his arms and stood.  Aubrey watched him as he looked at his son-the look of wonder and amazement that had been there all afternoon and evening filling his blue eyes once again.  A soft smile lifted the corners of his mouth and Aubrey had never seen a more picture perfect moment than the world famous, singer, songwriter and performer, Justin Timberlake, completely captivated by the small bundle in his arms, wrapped in a blue hospital blanket.  Aubrey stood and put her arms around his waist as she laid her head against his shoulder, looking at the baby.  She reached one hand out, gently brushing her fingers against the baby's cheek.    

            "Randy." Justin said glancing over at her then looking back at the baby.  "Randy Michael Timberlake."

            Aubrey smiled.  "Perfect." She replied.  She went up on her toes, kissing Justin's cheek.  "I love you." She said, her eyes roaming over his profile.  Justin turned to look at her.  He shifted the baby slightly, holding him against his shoulder, then put his free arm around Aubrey as he hugged her close-his lips pressing against her temple.  Aubrey laid her head against his chest as she put her hand on the baby's back.  The small family stood that way for a several minutes, quietly soaking in the moment. 

            "It's amazing." Justin commented quietly, breaking the silence between them. 

            "What?" Aubrey asked, lifting her head to look at him.  His blue eyes met hers intently. 

            "I thought I knew what love was, but this..." He trailed off and Aubrey smiled tenderly.  She put a hand against his face and pulled him down, pressing her lips against his. 

            "I love you, Justin Timberlake." She told him, her lips moving against his as she kept her eyes closed-breathing him in.  "Thank you.  For making this day a reality for me."

            "Thank you." He said.  Aubrey opened her eyes and looked at him.  "Without you, I'd still be out there somewhere, wasting time...focusing on myself." 

            "You ready to be a family man?" She asked him, a grin spreading across her face. 

            Justin chuckled.  "Whether I am or not," he said.  "That's what I am now."

            Mr. SexyBack's a daddy. Aubrey thought with a laugh as she kissed him again.  What is the world coming to?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj daddyjc