Aubrey smiled as she leaned against the doorframe of Randy's bedroom a few nights later and stood, watching as her son slept.  It was hard to believe how fast time flew.  Was her little boy really already eight years old? 

The new boxer puppy they had bought last week was curled up against Randy's side while his arms were thrown out on either side of him in reckless abandon-a pose very similar to one she'd seen out of his father on numerous occasions.  Whenever Justin went to bed before she did, he often fell asleep taking up the majority of the bed and she had to fight to get him to give her some space.  She tip-toed towards Randy's bed and-after pulling the covers back over him that he had kicked off-she sat down on the edge of the mattress. 

The puppy woke up, lifting her head to look at Aubrey with sleepy brown eyes.  Aubrey reached over and gave the dog a scratch behind the ears.  Their beloved Brennan had died last month and they had all been heartbroken-Justin most of all.  Aubrey had found a listing in the paper a few days ago for a litter of boxer pups for sale and had taken Randy with her to pick one out as a surprise for his dad.  Randy had bonded with this particular puppy right away and had immediately pronounced that her name was Bailey.  Justin had yet to meet this new addition to their family as he had been out of town in New York all week meeting with the design team for WilliamRast-putting together their new line for next year-and Randy couldn't wait to show his dad the puppy. 

            Randy shifted in his sleep and Aubrey reached her hand out, combing her fingers through his short curls, and then cupping his cheek as she leaned over and pressed her lips to his forehead.  How she loved this little boy!  He was the perfect combination of Justin and herself and she couldn't imagine her life without him.  He had his father's playful and mischievous nature at times and would often do things that would bring her to the limit of her patience, but then he would give her that impish grin of his and throw his arms around her and she would instantly forget what it was he had done to make her upset.  Just like his father.  She thought with a smile and a shake of her head.

            Bailey stood up just then, her dog tags jingling as she shook her little body.  Aubrey gathered the pup in her arms as she stood.  "Come on, Miss Bailey." She said quietly, letting the puppy lick her face.  "Let's go outside one more time before we lock up for the night."  With one more look at her son, Aubrey quietly crept out of his room and walked downstairs. 

 

            Justin opened the front door and let himself in to the house, a tired sigh escaping his lips.  He was home.  It had been a long week full of endless meetings and design sessions but he felt good about everything he and Trace had been able to accomplish this week.  Next year's line was going to be amazing and he couldn't wait to show Aubrey the sketches they'd put together-anxious to get her reaction.  He tossed his keys on the table against the wall of the entryway and dropped his bags to the tiled floor. 

            "Hey, Buck." He said with a sad smile as the old dog came to greet and welcome him home.  He crouched down as he gave the boxer a head rub.  They'd lost Brennan last month and Justin knew it wouldn't be too much longer before Buckley left them as well.  It was hard to see them go-they had been a part of his and his family's life for so long-but there wasn't much he could do to stop it from happening.  He looked up as he heard someone on the stairs and stood as Aubrey appeared.  "Hey, pretty girl." He smiled.  Buckley sat down and leaned against his leg as he stood.  Justin put his hand on the dog's head. 

            "Justin!" Aubrey exclaimed as she walked down to meet him, a puppy in her arms.  "What are you doing home?" She asked.  "I thought you were in New York until Sunday."

            "We finished what we needed to do." He told her.  "But I can go back for a couple more days if you want." He offered teasingly.

            "No." She shook her head as she walked towards him.  "Don't you dare."  She put one arm around his neck as she pressed her lips against his.  "I don't want you to go back."

            Justin wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned into the kiss, drawing her firmly against him and completely forgetting about the puppy she was holding until it gave out a little yelp.  He drew back and Aubrey chuckled as they looked down at the dog.

            "Who's this?" He asked, taking the puppy from her and holding her up in front of him. 

            "This is Bailey." She told him as he held the pup against his chest and began playing with her.  "Randy picked her out a couple days ago as a surprise for you."

            "For me?" Justin asked.  "It's not my birthday."  He said, smiling as Bailey began chewing on his fingers. 

            "No..." Aubrey drawled.  "But, I know how hard it was for you to lose Brennan, and Buckely isn't going to be around for very much longer and I honestly don't know what I would do without a dog running around constantly getting under foot." She told him with a smile and he laughed.  "Randy's really excited to show you the puppy." Aubrey continued.  "He made me promise not to tell you about getting her until you got home and he could show you himself.  Justin smiled.  "So, you have to act surprised in the morning, okay?" She asked taking Bailey from him. 

            "Okay." He replied as he followed Aubrey to the kitchen.  She opened the back door and stepped out onto the back porch.  Bending down she placed the puppy on the ground.  Buckley, who had followed them outside as well, walked down the porch steps and wandered out into the backyard.  Bailey took off after him and Justin chuckled as he wrapped his arms around his wife's waist and buried his face in her neck-inhaling her familiar and comforting scent.  Aubrey sighed as she leaned back against him.  "I missed you." He murmured as he kissed her neck then rested his chin against her shoulder. 

            "I missed you, too." She told him, turning in his arms.  Her eyes met his and Justin felt the same rush he'd been feeling everyday for the last nine and a half years as she lifted her arms and draped them around his neck.  Their lips met in a slow, sensuous kiss and Justin tightened his arms around her as he proceeded to make love to her with his mouth.  He heard her utter a quiet moan and he shuddered slightly as her fingers began playing with the short hair at the base of his neck.  Their lips parted-their breath mingling as they stayed locked in each other's arms-and Justin closed his eyes as he pressed his forehead against hers.

            "How do you do that?" She breathed.  He opened his eyes and looked at her in question.  "It's been almost ten years." She told him, her eyes slowly opening.  She looked at him, a dreamy expression on her beautiful face.  "But every time you kiss me it's like it's the first time." 

            "It's all part of my charm." He replied with a grin and she laughed as she hugged him tightly.  Justin again buried his face in her neck as he held her close-beyond thankful for this woman in his arms.  She was his sanity and reason for living.  She was his best friend, his lover and the mother of his child.  She was everything to him-everything he wanted and everything he needed. 

            "I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all this time." She mused with a chuckle as she kept her arms around him and her head against his shoulder.  "There's a reason that you were the only one who could bring sexy back." She teased as she lifted her head to look at him, her smile making him smile in return.   

            "Damn right." He agreed with a laugh.  "Now, how about we go back inside and you welcome me home properly."

            "Properly?" She asked, one delicate eye brow rising.  "And just how do I do that?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side and narrowing her eyes in question. 

            "Mmmm..." he hummed, lowering his head and placing his lips against the corner of her jaw.  "You know what you want," he began singing in her ear and smiled when he felt her shiver in his arms.  "And that makes you just like me." He moved his hips against hers and felt her breathing begin to pick up slightly.  "See everybody says you're hot, baby, but can you make it hot for me?  Said if you're thinking ‘bout holding back don't worry, girl.  ‘Cause I'm gonna make it so easy so slide a little bit closer to me, little girl.  Daddy's on a mission to please..."

            "Damn you, Justin Timberlake." She breathed and he couldn't hold back his laughter as he pulled back to look at her. 

            "Got ya hot, baby?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

            "Yes, and you know it." She told him looking at him sternly.  He could tell she was trying to hold back a smile and he grinned when her smile finally broke and she slapped him playfully on the chest. 

            "So let's go." He said, nodding his head back towards the house.  He took her hands in his and began pulling her inside. 

            "What about the dogs?" She asked.

            "They're dogs, Aubrey." He replied as they stepped into the kitchen and he shut the door.  "It's okay if they're outside."

            "But what about--"

            "Girl!"  He all but growled as he pushed her back against the wall and covered her lips with his.  "I've been away from you all week, Aubrey Janae." He reminded her.  "I need you.  Please..." he pulled back to look at her.  He lifted his hands and gently cupped her face.  "Shut up and let me love you."

            Aubrey smiled as she put her arms around his neck and pressed her lips against his.  "I love you, Justin." She breathed as she surrendered to him.  "Welcome home."    



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyj daddyjc