Story Notes:
Dont own any famous people except for their merchandise. The story is fiction, my brain child."
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for all the changes i just wanted it to be just right.
Short story

Dana watched the game being played in front of her as she thought about the conversation she had with her mother the night before. Closing her eyes Dana wish that she could trade places with her brothers, they knew who they were, they knew where they came from. Shaking her head, she got up from the couch to go into the kitchen, but stopped when she heard her mother and father talking.

"Did you tell her about her father?" Dana heard her father say.

Her mother turned around "Ted, the only thing I told her was that her mother got sick when she was five months old and as far as her father? To answer your question no." the thin redheaded woman turned back to the counter.

"Joann, he wants her in his life, now that he's not as out there." Ted leaned against the kitchen table as he watched the emotion in his wife's eyes.

"He what?! Ted he could never take care of Dana, he didn't even try to be a father until a year ago and now he wants to be her father?! No." Joann furiously scrubbed the countertop "He cant take her away from me, us." She turned to bury her face into her husband's chest.

Rubbing her back soothingly Ted whispered words of comfort "honey, its going to be ok."

Dana couldnt take it anymore "Why are you so freaked out?! I can not believe that you never told me that I was not your daughter!" she all but yelled as she grabbed her car keys.

Joann went to hug Dana, but the young girl shrugged away "Dont touch me" she looked at the man she had grown up knowing to be her father "and you, you just ugh, I can not wait til i graduate and am far from this madness." She then left the room and out of the house. 

Watching as Dana left Ted nodded his head "yeah she is definitely her father. Im gonna call him." 

Nodding her head, Joann wiped the tears she had shed from her eyes "I hope she forgives us."

Ted hugged her "she will, shes just hurt." he then pulled out his phone "I told him I would call him today."

Dana drove to her friend Maddi's house, parked the car And began to sob. A tap on the window of the driver's side door caught her attention "Hey Mad."

Maddi smiled "well are you going to get out, or do I have to call my cousin to come break the door?" she asked in playful way.

Nodding her head Dana opened the car door and got out. "I didnt know where to go, besides I need some nsync music to lift my spirits."

Maddi laughed "I am eternally greatful that my sister gave all her old Nsync stuff, i mean dont get me wrong Nick Jonas is hot, but mister sexyback is gorgeous." the two walked toward the large home.

Dana rolled her eyes "I love their songs, something about JC just calms me. Its as if he was singing directly to me."

Maddi smiled "D, you are infatuated with a man who is at least 17 years older than you." 

Looking at her friend in shock, Dana sat on the bean bag chair in Maddi's bedroom "eww, no yeah he was good looking back in the day, but everyone who knows anything about Nsync thinks I look like J..." then the thought hit her like a ton of bricks. "Mad, can i see the cd cover?" 

Maddi eyed Dana with curiosity "yeah, here" she handed the CD Case to Dana.

Staring at the face of JC Dana's eyes began to fill with tears "my mom and dad told me that I am not their daughter and that my real dad wants me in his life." 

Maddi's jaw dropped "whoa, so did not see that coming." Sitting on the floor next to Dana, Maddi watched as her friend stared at the cd booklet "Do you know what he looks like?"

Dana shook her head "all my mom told me was that my birth mother was not ready to be a mom, so she let my birth father take care of me, but he had a job that he couldnt raise me with because I guess he traveled all over the world." She shook her head "That just confuses me i mean he was in high school, how in the world do you travel around the world when the only job out there would have been at a burger king?" She angrilly brushed the brown curl that kept falling into her face.

Maddi wrapped an arm around her friends shoulder "want me to punch him in the nuts when you do meet him?" 

Dana laughed at the image of her friend beating up the man who gave her up years before. "Mad, I would pay big money to see you do that." 

Flexing her muscles Maddi pretended to be more guy like "look at these guns." 

Laughter between the two girls filled the room, Dana wiped the tears from her eyes. "thanks Maddi, now lets get to our madison square garden concert dvd watching, so we can drool over Mr. Springy himself."

Turning to face Dana, Maddi's light eyebrow rose "Mr. Springy?"

Dana shrugged "what, come on the man's hair is like a spring, it bounces every breath he takes." 

Nodding her head Maddi put the dvd in the player and the two watched the group that they had grown up to.
 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc