JC Chasez sat behind the sound board as he listened to the music he had just finished. Satisfied that his work was done with this song, he began to shut down the equipment. Hearing his cell phone ring caused him to jump a little at the unexpected sound. "hello?"

"Hey JC, it's Ted." the man warily greeted.

Sensing something was wrong JC sat back down in his chair "Hey Ted, what's up?" 

A sigh was heard on the other line "Joann and I talked with Dana about this situation, but she got upset and I'm not sure this is a good idea." 

JC shook his head "Ted, I am thankful that you took care of her for all these years, but I'm done with what everyone thinks and I want my daughter back."

Sighing Ted replied "Yes, I understand. JC you have to understand though, she might not be as lovey dovey as you want her to be."

Rubbing his face, JC knew that Ted was right "I just want to make it up to her, I never wanted to just dump her on you guys. You have been good friends with my family and I trusted you to take care of her when Val and I both physically and mentally just could not be there." A lone tear ran down his cheek.

Sensing the younger man's sadness Ted smiled "We know, by the way did you get the pictures we sent?"

JC smiled as he looked at a framed picture of Dana with her best friend wearing matching eighties outfits and holding what looked like backstage passes. "yeah, was an eighties band coming to town?" 

Laughter filled JC's ear as Ted spoke "no, it was for a contest to win backstage passes to a backstreet boys concert. I never thought I'd see the day when a Chasez would be at a Backstreet concert." 

JC chuckled "hey, they were and are still in it for the love of performing which by the way is alright with me, besides I worked with them a bit on their songs."

Shaking his head Ted smiled "I just realized, Dana has no clue that you Mr. Chasez are her father and that girl of yours loves boybands from the nsync days as a matter of fact, she has all your albums." 

Laughter poured from JC "oh man, seriously? Whoa." he smoothed his hand over his face "hey, listen I was thinking that maybe I could come out there tomorrow to you know."

Ted nodded "Yes, I know. Question is do you want to meet at our house or your place?"

Weighing the options, JC nodded his head "let's meet at your place,  when would be a good time?" 

"let me talk to Jo and Dana and I'll get back to you" Ted smiled.

Nodding his head JC replied "all right man, I'll talk to you soon." 

Hearing Ted say his goodbye JC ended the call and placed his phone back into his pocket. He took the stairs two at a time as he went back to the main floor of his Hollywood home. He thought about what Ted told him, shaking his head JC went to the kitchen to grab his keys, if all went well tomorrow JC would be on a plane heading to Florida to see his daughter for the first time in seventeen years. With that thought JC left to get some dinner.

An hour later JC's phone rang as he sat reading a book, without a second thought he picked up the phone "hello?"

"JC, it's good to hear from you."

A lazy grin slid onto his face "Hey Joann, did Ted talk to you?"

A light laugh left the older woman's mouth "yes, he did. We talked it over and talked with Dana now that she is back from her friend's house and we all feel that tomorrow would work just fine. That is if you are available."

JC sat in shock that this was actually going to happen, shaking his head he replied "Uh... Yeah, sorry I just can't believe this I mean, it's been so long." 

Nodding her head Joann smiled "Just don't go and buy out a store or anything with how excited you are to see her."

Chuckling JC shook his head "no, I don't plan on it. Hey Jo I need to go pack and get a flight out there so, I'll see you tomorrow?" 

Joann laughed "Yes, I will be there to pick you up. Bye JC."

With a grin JC offered his goodbye and ended the call "now, what do I pack and when do I really want to leave." after a moment of thought JC whispered to himself "oh who am I kidding I need to be there asap." with that JC began to make preparations for the following day.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc