Author's Chapter Notes:
I know a new chapter agh. Hope you enjoy.
Growling at the fact that it was eight in the morning Dana got out of bed and stumbled her way to her bathroom. "man, I look like I got attacked by Ned the night hair dresser." she giggled at the memory of Maddi's explanation of why a person hair looks it went through a wind storm. 

An hour later Dana walked into the kitchen to make herself some breakfast. "hmm what do I want?" she asked as she looked through the fridge.

"You could have my Pop tart, I know how much you love them."

Dana jumped at the voice "Danny, you big jerk." she shook her head "Where's mom and dad?"

In between bites Danny spoke "they said they were going to pick someone up from the airport, then they were going out for lunch with this guy, then they were going to drop him off at his house and that's all cause I was still half asleep when they were telling me."

Dana stared at Danny thoughts of her conversation with her parents about her birth father coming to town came flooding back to her. "oh yeah I forgot about that" trying to shake off the nervousness she felt Dana began to fix herself some eggs. 

Looking at his younger sister's nervousness Danny stood "D, what's wrong?"

Shaking her head Dana sniffed and stared her blue eyes at the ground "remember when we were little and everyone commented on how different I was from you and Ben?"

Nodding his head Danny looked at Dana with concern "yeah? I remember saying that it didn't matter what you looked like. D, did someone say something mean again?"

Shaking her head Dana smiled "no, thing is." she sighed "the man that mom and dad are picking up is my biological father."

Danny's eyes glared at her in confusion. "wait, your adopted? I don't remember you being adopted."

Dana shrugged her shoulders "according to dad technically I'm not adopted, they are just my guardians." 

Slowly nodding Danny looked at Dana with confusion "I don't get it. If they are your guardians, wouldn't you legally have a different last name?"

Staring at her brother Dana Shrugged "I don't know, I'm just as confused as you are." she took a breath "and I'm meeting him today, maybe I should hide out at Maddi's."

Danny chuckled "man, when you don't want to do something you turn into a stubborn little thing."

Gasping in a playful manner Dana slapped her older brother "I am not stubborn." She giggled.

"So you're meeting him today?" Danny asked as he took a bite of his pop tart. 

Nodding her head Dana fixed up a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast. Then sat down at the kitchen table "yes, what if I'm not good enough for him. I mean he did give me up like a sack of dirty laundry" she took a bite of her toast.

Sadly Danny didn't know what to say "D, he'd be an idiot if he didn't love you. Maybe once you meet him, he'll tell you why you were sent here."

Dana nodded "yeah." 

Giving his sister a hug Danny nodded toward the door "I need to head to work, call me if you need your favorite big brother to rescue you, if I'm not available you can call Ben." with that he was out the door. 

Shaking her head Dana continued to eat her breakfast.

Ted and Joann stood next to baggage claim at the Orlando airport waiting for JC to arrive. 

Looking up to her husband Joann sighed "I sure hope this is the right thing for Dana."

Nodding his head Ted hugged Joann in comfort "it's going to be alright." Spotting the man they were waiting for Ted smiled "here he is."

As soon as JC spotted the couple the smile on his face turned into a grin, setting his bag on the ground he hugged them both "man it's been way too long, Joann you have not changed at all since the last time I saw you guys."

Nodding at the younger man, Joann smiled "JC you are too good, can I keep you?" 

With a tight hug JC shook his head "I don't think Ted would appreciate me stealing his wife."

Ted laughed at the pair "well, let's get your bags." 

The small group gathered JC's bags and headed to the car. Joann stayed close to JC as Ted led them to the parking garage.

"How long has it been since we saw you?" Joann asked.

JC's eyes looked to the ground for a second then he looked back at Joann "NSA concert in two thousand" he sighed "here in Orlando."

With a smile Joann nodded "Dana was so excited to meet you guys. She still has no idea that we know you."

Nodding his head, JC laughed "should I be worried?" 

As the trio reach the car Ted tossed JC's bags into the trunk of the car, "it's not Dana you have to worry about, if my assumptions are right she might have her friend over." 

Joann shook her head "those two are joined at the hip." she laughed "will that be ok? Having her friend there with her?" She turned to JC before she got into the passenger seat.

Sliding into the back seat JC thought for a moment "I'd prefer it be just us, but if you think she needs that support then I'm behind you guys a hundred percent."

Nodding her head Joann sighed "we can have Dana introduce you to her friend another time, let's just see how this goes." she smiled. 

Ted made a noise to get attention "C, do you want to grab a bite before we drop you off or do you want us to take you to your place?" 

Without a second thought JC answered "I think I'll just go to the house drop off my stuff and head to your place for lunch, if thats cool with you?"

Chuckling Ted answered "Yes, that's fine. Do you want us to pick you up?" 

"Nah, I'll be fine I'll take my viper" JC replied.

Twenty minutes later they arrived at JC's home, Ted and Joann Helped him bring his luggage into the house. "Oh, here's our address." Ted then handed JC a piece of paper with the address written on it.

Taking the paper JC smiled "thanks, I'll be over in an hour?" 

The couple smiled then nodded as Joann answered "yes, that's fine, what would you like for lunch?"

Licking his lips in anticipation of a home cooked meal "your world famous fried chicken sandwich."

With a smile Joann hugged JC "alright sugar, we better get going and make sure that your daughter is alive."

They said their goodbyes and JC was left alone to unpack. Little did he know that today was going to change not only his life, but the lives of the Walker family.
Chapter End Notes:
TGIF everyone


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc