Dana sat in the tv room flipping through the channels, trying to keep her mind off of what was going to be the biggest day of her entire life. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a car engine revving as it pulled in front of the house. 

Looking over at Ben her oldest brother, she bolted towards the window to see If she could get a glimpse of who her biological father was. 

"Whoa, nice wheels." Ben whispered.

Dana watched in anticipation as the door to the Viper opened. 

"Dana, can you come help me make a salad?" Joann call from the kitchen. 

Turning to her brother, Dana growled "yes, I'm coming." Ben's laughter followed Dana into the kitchen.

Joann shook her head "Ben, could you" the doorbell rang, then Joann smiled "get the door?"

Ben poked his head into the kitchen "sure mom, did you know this guy has a viper? He's my new hero." he said as he went to the door.

Dana forced herself to keep her attention on helping her mom make the salad 'you can do this, what's the worst that could happen?' she thought as her hand shook with a mixture of nerves and excitement. She could hear her Dad and brother talking to someone as they made their way into the kitchen.

"By the way what do you do for a living?" Ben asked in genuine curiosity.

JC smiled "I do a little bit of everything in the music industry, but right now I'm doing more behind the scenes stuff." 

Ted turned to see Dana with her back to them and Joann putting another chicken into the pot to be fried "Dana, honey can you come over here, JC has come a long way to see you."

Dana turned around with a forkful of lettuce at the mention of her name. Once she saw who was standing shyly next to her dad she dropped her fork in shock "what?! JC?! Dad how?" she blinked trying to stop from going all fan girl. "this has to be a dream" she looked to her mom "he's my father?" 

JC's eyes closed a bit then he nodded.

Throwing her hands in the air Dana glared at her mom "how is that possible? Mom, you took me to meet him when I was little well not just him but why didn't you tell me." her stormy blue eyes shifted back to JC "and you, you were right in front of me and you didn't say anything? This is ridiculous my father is the man I have looked up to my whole life." tears began to stream down her face as she grabbed her keys and left the house.

Ted sighed as he watched the pained expression on JC's face "Just give her some time."

Nodding his head JC gave a sad smile "I know."

Dana sat curled up on Maddi's bed with Maddi hugging her "I can't believe this, Mad I just wish my parents told me that my father was JC flippin' Chasez I mean I had his poster on my wall when I was what 7?" 

Maddi nodded her head as she continued to help comfort her friend. "you know, you can't stay mad at your parents or JC. Wow I never thought I'd say that" shaking her head Maddi continued "I mean yeah they messed up, but if you stay angry then you will never know the man who helped bring you into this world."

Wiping her eyes Dana nodded her head "yeah, none of that 'what's your favorite color' stuff." she stated with air quotes.

Maddi smiled "yes, my best friend is back to her witty self" she hugged Dana "can I ask you a dumb question?"

Dana arched a brow at her friend "depends on the question."

Maddi sat up straight "since I am your best friend do you think he could get me Justin's number?"

Rolling her eyes Dana playfully shoved Maddi "Mad he's thirty and you are 18, talk about cradle robbing." 

Maddi giggled "no, seriously though what's going to happen if you live with JC and I'm stuck here?" her eyes turned to her hands. 

Shrugging her shoulders Dana looked at a picture of Maddi with her family "I don't even know if he wants to have me move in. I left before we actually talked." 

Slapping her friend on the arm Maddi glared at Dana "that's it I'm dragging your butt back to your house so you and" she raised her eyes to heaven as she began to pull Dana off the bed "JC can have bonding time. Girl I am so jealous." with that the two girls left to go back to Dana's house.

Dana entered the house followed by Maddi who was excitedly pushing Dana through the door "Quit pushing me Mad, sheesh."

Maddi grinned "I'm not doing anything, I just want to get out of the heat move it stick girl." 

Shaking her head at her friend Dana turned to Maddi "I get it Mad, now why don't you keep Ben company while as you said JC and I 'bond'" She did air quotes with a laugh.

Walking into the kitchen Dana saw her mother standing at the counter facing the kitchen table as her father sat at the kitchen table with JC. The trio turned to see Dana enter the room.

Joann smiled "Ted let's leave them alone."

Ted glanced between Dana and JC back to his wife as he nodded "We will be in the other room." with that the couple left father and daughter alone.

Looking at Dana with a bit of guilt "You know I wouldn't hold it against you if you hated me." JC whispered.

Dana nodded as she sat across from him at the table "I don't hate you, I'm hurt that my parents didn't tell me that my whole life has been a lie."

Shaking his head JC frowned "no, you have two amazing people who love you enough to keep this part of your life away from you."

Glaring at JC, Dana waved an arm towards the tv room "you call that love?" dropping her head into her hands "JC, they aren't my parents  they should have told me all along that I wasn't their daughter instead of dropping this bomb on me now." She all but yelled as she stood and began to pace.

Feeling anger boiling in him JC slammed his hands on the table "Dana Leigh Walker, don't you dare say that about them. They gave you everything that I couldn't, They gave you a stable home, I will not let you tear them down." His eyes narrowed as his voice echoed throughout the house. Pointing to the chair in front of him "sit down." he said in an even tone.

Dana's eyes widened as she sat back down and bit her lip.

Rubbing his face JC sighed "before you put blame on them, I want you to understand why they never told you until now." Dana nodded as JC continued "I asked them to not tell you anything about who I was or why I gave you up. Dana I never wanted to let you go, but I knew I couldn't be that selfish, so I asked Ted who happened to be a good friend of my father" a small smile swept over his face "your grand dad, I knew they could take good care of you." 

Dana nodded as she watched the man in front of her nervously rub his hand over his neck "what about my mother, where was she in all of this?" she asked in confusion.

JC clenched his jaw then relaxed a little "when you were born she got scared" closing his eyes JC tried to prevent the tears "she wanted nothing to do with you, I couldn't believe what she was saying. She left you with me for five months. I would leave you here while I went to the set of the Mouse Club then once it was over I took you home, I tried to make it work then a month after you were born I let Joann and Ted take you five months later your mom died." Wiping a tear from his eye JC saw the sad look Dana gave him.

"Wow, I don't know what to say, mom said that my mother was sick." she stated trying to understand what happened.

Nodding JC laughed "that girl was a fish I swear, she went on a surfing trip with some friends and ended up getting an injury that ended up being worse than they thought" sadly he shook his head.

Dana stared at JC in shock "wow." 

The pair sat in silence for what seemed like an hour.

 JC broke the silence "Now that you know about that, what else do you want to know?" he smiled.

With a smile Dana thought "maybe after lunch, I could eat a pig."

Laughter poured from JC's lips "I'm right there with you honey."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc