Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long, this is a shorter chapter.
During lunch Dana watched JC interact with her brothers, she started wondering what it would have been like if he had never given her up. 

Maddi noticed the mixed emotions in her friends eyes "hey, you ok?" she asked as she sat next to Dana.

Nodding her head Dana sighed "I was just thinking about what JC said to me earlier."

Maddi smiled "what about it?"

Sighing Dana shifted in her seat "he basically told me that if my parents hadn't of taken me in, I would not be who I am today, but I still wonder what it would have been like." 

Nodding in understanding Maddi looked at Dana "see I told you he loved you."

Staring at her friend, Dana shook her head "what am I gonna do with you?"

"I don't know, feed me to the sharks?" Maddi shrugged her shoulders as she winked.

Dana shook her head "No that's too easy, oh I know." she giggled "two words, Justin Bieber."

Maddi glared at Dana "oh no, if you do that I'm gonna tell your parents that you my friend have been going out with Brent."

Dana's smile fell "you wouldn't."

JC's head snapped in their direction when he heard his daughters threat of Justin Bieber. To see what the matter was he walked close to where the girls sat, he then heard Maddi make a threat to tell Ted and Jo about a boy Dana was dating. This did not sit well with JC. "who's Brent?"

At hearing his voice Dana turned to face JC with a look of guilt "oh he's no one important."

Folding his arms over his chest JC shook his head "Try again" he said smoothly.

Dana bit her lip and sighed "he's my boyfriend" seeing the parental look on JC's face Dana continued "mom and dad don't know about him and" JC's eyebrows shot up.

"Dana" he all but yelled, he then looked the girl in the eyes and bit out "kitchen, now." he then walked to the kitchen.

Dana sheepishly followed JC into the kitchen before she left she whispered to Maddi, "if I don't make it. You can have all my music. Even my guitar." She then entered the kitchen to see JC standing in front of the table arms folded again, and a scowl on his face.

Dana sat on a bar stool as she pleaded with JC "JC, its not a big deal."

JC shook his head "Dana, going behind their backs to date someone?" he threw his hands in the air "I would say that is a huge deal."

Dana blinked at him "what do you know, you left me. Why do you even care? You know what I don't want to hear it." she got up and was about to leave when she heard JC's voice.

"So is that how you deal with things? You run away?" JC said in an almost whisper.

Dana turned to face him "You did" she folded her arms.

Closing his eyes as he clenched his fists to gain control of his utter aggravation JC's dark blue eyes turned to Dana "I did what I had to, to protect you. To let you grow up in a world of prom dresses and homework that is beyond what you can comprehend. Instead of your face all over tabloids and stories of how you had a complete break down on rodeo drive." he sighed "I didn't want that for you. I wasn't ready to be a single father." sitting down JC placed his hands in his lap "I'm sorry." he shook his head, then stood.

Dana watched as JC grabbed his jacket "Where are you going?"

JC turned to look at his daughter "you don't want me here? Fine I'll leave but I want you to know that I never stopped thinking about you." he walked over to Dana then kissed her on her head. "talk to your parents about that kid. If you don't I'll bust your butt." he winked then left her alone in the kitchen thinking over his words.

JC sat in his car outside the Walker home "JC you are an idiot, she's hurt and to think you could just walk into her life?" he groaned as he put his head in his hands. A knock on the cars window pulled him out of his self pity. He turned his head in the direction of the knock and saw Dana standing there nervously. JC rolled down the window "what are you doing out here?" he asked in confusion.

Dana bit her lip "I'm sorry I acted that way, can we talk somewhere else so that I can piece this all together?" she took a breath "JC this is all new to me. One minute I have a mom, a dad, and two older brothers and now? Well, now it's complicated." she waved her hand in his direction.

JC rubbed his eyes "get in." He said as he started the car.

Dana looked back at the house "What about mom and dad?" 

JC nodded as he unlocked her door "You can call them and tell them that you are with me."

Dana nodded as she got into the viper "Where are we going?" she asked as JC drove away from the house.

"My house here in Orlando" JC told her.

Dana nodded her head as the two traveled in relative quiet until Dana spoke "do you miss her? My mother I mean?"

JC nodded his head "everytime Jo and Ted send a picture of you, I wonder what she would think or how she would react. When she left us, I was hurt and angry. Heck I even write a song about how bitter I was." he chuckled at the memory. "do you know the song Selfish from the Celebrity record?"

Dana nodded "wait that was about her?"

Nodding his head JC grinned "not only that it was about you too."

Dana slapped her hand to her forehead "no wonder why I love that song."
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc