Standing in the middle of JC's home, Dana held him as he clung to her. Her heart broke for him and for what happened "JC" she whispered "I know you love me. Heck I saw it when you left after you lectured me." 

JC stood and looked down at Dana as she spoke "I don't know what it's like to be hurt like that. I'm hurt that my own mother would leave me, but there is nothing either one of us can do to change that we just have to go on with life and leave it in the past." she shook her head "I learned that from you." she smiled as JC hugged her to his side.

"Let me guess, an interview I gave?" he teased.

"I am a huge fan, did mom and dad tell you that? Although I met you way back when." Dana asked with embarrassment.

Nodding his head JC smiled "yeah, as a matter of fact they sent a picture of you with a complete eighties look going."

Gasping in shock Dana threw her hands over her face as she buried her head into JC's arm. "really? Oh man, I tried talking Maddi out of doing the contest, but sure enough I did it. Only because she bet fifty bucks that I wouldn't do it." she thought for a moment "she owes me still." 

"Couldn't turn that down could you?" JC said with a laugh.

Dana shook her head"JC, the contest was to do a dance of some sort" she bit her lip "we chose Bye Bye Bye, only because they told us that we had to do something non BSB." Dana watched as JC giggled. "some father you are, you laugh at your own daughter?" She pouted playfully.

JC shook his head "no honey, its just the image of you doing an nsync song, in order to go to a Backstreet concert. I heard of the cat fights between fans so yeah."
Hugging Dana, JC nodded his head toward the garage "so, you ready to head home?" 

Dana looked to her father "can we get to know eachother a little more? It's weird to know that  you are my dad, I remember when I was little the only way mom could get me to sleep was to put on sailing" she shyly grinned.

JC's heart ached knowing that his little girl sought his comfort when she was young even if she didnt realize that he would sing her tears away when she was an infant. 

Dana giggled "Maddi always said I was in love with you, but deep down I felt this deep familiarity to your voice, to you." Her smile faded "it was as if i had always known." She looked at her feet.

JC sighed at Dana's admittance "I always thought of you when we would sing that song." He sat back down as he furiously ran his fingers through his hair. "when you were born I sang Don't stop believing to you" a slow grin crossed his face at the memory.

Dana smiled "really? I love that song." she thought for a moment "do you have a girlfriend?"

JC shook his head "I haven't had a steady girlfriend in a long time."

Dana nodded "my friend's sister is single and I thought maybe you could take her out." 

JC laughed "trying to play matchmaker?"

Dana blushed "well, yeah I guess. I mean come on, seeing all the bimbo's you have been with?" she raised an eye brow.

Shaking his head, JC sighed "well if you really think its worth it I'll give this woman a call." he smiled as he wrapped an arm around Dana's shoulders. 

Dana's eyes widened "really? Oh man ok when we get back to my parents house I'll give you her info." she let out an excited scream. "JC you wont regret this I promise."

Chuckling JC hugged Dana "believe it or not you are so much like Val."

Dana's smile fell "I'm not her, I don't abandon family." 

With a shake of his head, JC spoke "don't think about it. Yes Val left and yes you do have some of your mother in you." he grinned "you also have a bit of my attributes."

Dana blushed "what do I have that's you?"

Thinking for a moment JC placed his hand on his chin then smiled "this hair is definitely from me" he picked up a strand of Dana's dark curly hair "when I look at your eyes i see why my mom see's me in you." the older man winked "let's see, from what your parents have told me, you have a talent for music" he raised an eyebrow, he then placed his arm over Dana's shoulder "you are fiercely loyal to those around you, and I bet you would throw yourself in front of a bus if you needed to protect them." 

Dana stared at the man as tears filled her eyes "thank you." She furiously wiped the tears from her eyes.

Nodding his head JC kissed her on her forehead in a fatherly manner "you are my daughter, I love you and am stating the facts honey."

With a light giggle Dana hugged him "I love you too and again thank you that means a lot."

Smiling JC guided her to the garage "welcome, now let's get you back home so that you can talk to your parents about that kid."

Sighing Dana threw her hands up in the air "come on JC, can't we do that some other time?"

Shaking his head JC walked over to the viper as he unlocked the car "nope, now get in." he said as he got into the car.

Dana rolled her eye "you really are a stubborn one, no wonder where I get it from." she said as she slipped into the car.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope your weekend was good.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc