Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry it took forever, but I finally got hit with inspiration. hopefully this isnt too cliche.
As they reached her home, Dana began to fidget in her seat. JC knew that Dana was scared of what her mom and dad were going to say about her relationship with her boyfriend. Sighing JC parked the car and turned to Dana "listen, you can do this, I know you can." he encouraged the young girl. Looking out the window, JC nodded "lets go." With that he exited the car and proceeded to the front door. Dana groaned then followed JC as he made his way into the home. 

Ted stood as the pair entered the house, He cleared his throat "Dana what on earth possessed you to leave without even letting us know where you were?"

Dana stared at her dad "I told Ben where I was."

Joann nodded her head as she placed her hand to her husband's arm "Ted, Ben told me, I just forgot to tell you." she sighed besides, she was with JC her father." 

Trying to settle his nerves Ted nodded in agreement to his wife's admission "let's talk in the kitchen."

JC looked at Dana and gave her a wink to let her know he was behind her. Dana nodded as she followed Ted and Joann into the kitchen with JC trailing behind them. 

"Mom, Dad Im sorry." Dana whispered as she entered the kitchen. 

Ted Gently smiled "it's ok honey, I was just worried about you and where you might have gone to." 

Nodding her head Dana frowned "Im sorry, I just needed to talk to JC and doing that here was a bit hard with everyone here." she waved her hand toward the TV room. 

Sighing Joann sat in a chair at the kitchen table "So, did the two of you have a nice talk?" she glanced in JC's direction. 

JC smiled as he nodded "yes, this girl is a great young woman. In fact she has something that she needs to talk with the both of you about." his eyes shifted to the teenager.

Dana's blue eyes widened as all three adults stared at her. She swallowed the lump in her throat. "well, um JC seriously?" she whined. JC shook his head as he folded his arms over his chest. "ok, fine. Mom,  Dad, do you remember Brent?" 

Thinking back to the day they met the boy, Ted slowly nodded his head "yes, why are you bringing him up?" 

Dana bit her lip "well, He's my boyfriend." once the words left her mouth both Ted and Joann began to shout their disapproval.

"Dana Leigh, I thought I made myself clear when I said that you were to not see that boy." Ted bellowed. 

Tears spilled from Dana's eyes "dad, I like him a lot."

Shaking his head Ted growled "I will not have my daughter seeing that boy who calls himself a man." 

JC stood between Ted and Dana as he spoke protectively "Ted calm down, Dana tell me why Ted would think this way?" 

Dana couldn't believe this, Her dad yelled at her and now JC wants answers "he's a good guy." Hearing her dad snort, she continued "he treats me like a princess." 

JC stared at Dana, then turned to Ted "what has that kid done, if he even thinks of laying a finger on Dana Im gonna kick his butt all the way to LA to be roughed up by Justin and his crew." 

Ted shook his head "I have heard from some people that he has a reputation. What that reputation is? I don't know, but i do not have a good feeling about it."

Nodding his head JC turned his attention back to Dana "Dana I want to meet this kid. If he is the kind of guy you say he is, then I want to meet him. Otherwise I am behind Ted and Jo, I will not let that kid anywhere near you."

Shaking her head Dana quickly turned and stormed out of the kitchen with the look of hurt and anger written all over her face.

Joann sighed "well, that went wonderful."

Two male groans were heard from Ted and JC.  

Dana paced back and forth in her bedroom as she spoke on the phone with Maddi "I mean JC just turned me loose and threatened to not let me be anywhere near Brent." She flopped down onto her bed "I don't get why they have to be so anal about me dating Brent, I knew Dad would jump down my throat about it, but hearing JC? how dare he do that." 

Maddi Sighed "Dana, you know what Im going to say here, however I think that JC is making sure you are looked after. I mean come on the guy is your biological father."

Dana bitterly laughed "that's the only connection we have Mads, wait no we have an equal love for music and loyalty to our family." Sighing she sat up "Thing is I've known him for a day and he just swoops in and wants to play daddy, where was he when I broke my arm climbing the Johnson's tree? Where was he when I went out on my first date? where was he when" a sob broke through her body as images of a dark moment in her life came to her mind.

Maddi listened in understanding then wondered what could upset her friend so much "Dana, girl are you alright?" she asked with concern.

Struggling to keep the tears at bay Dana shook her head "Mads, I need to tell you something, but please don't tell anyone." another batch of tears spilled from her eyes "please."

Hearing the plea Maddi nodded her head "ok, I won't but Im going to warn you, if its something like illegal Im going straight to your parents and that includes JC."

Dana shook her head "Maddi, no you can't."

Maddi raised her eyes heavenward as realization hit "oh Dana are you pregnant?" 

Dana shook her head "no, but Mads remember prom last year?"

Maddi nodded her head "yeah, you took off with Brent to the lake." 

Dana nervously sighed "all the rumors about him are true. he told me if I told anyone, he would deny everything." she whispered between sobs. 

Maddi's eyes widened "oh my Dana, He raped you?" hearing her friend confirm her suspicions, Maddi rubbed her face as tears for her friend began to pool in her own eyes. "that punk needs his butt kicked."

Dana smiled slightly "get in line, JC already plans to have Justin beat the tar out of him." She sighed "that is if he ever finds out." 
Chapter End Notes:
hope you like.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc