Author's Chapter Notes:
Im not sure how you all are going to react to this, but I swear my mind is just on a roller coaster of drama for JC and Dana
Sitting on her bed Maddi shook her head "Dana, you have to tell them if not your parents then tell JC at least. To be honest I never liked Brent." She muttered.

At the mention of telling her parents, Dana vigorously shook her head "no, I can't he'll find out and" she took a breath "no."

Maddi bit her lip "Dana, what would Brent actually do if anyone found out."

Thinking about her boyfriend, Dana let the tears fall "I don't know."

Nodding her head Maddi sighed "It's going to be ok D."

Outside Dana's door JC stood with concern etched onto his face as he heard his daughter's side of the conversation. His mind began to race 'wait, is she talking about Brent? If that kid hurt her I'm gonna find him and kick him all the way to hell.' He then made his way back down the stairs as the possibilities swarmed in his head. Once he reached the bottom of the stairs, his eyes met Ted's. "Ted, we need to talk, now." JC stated in urgency.

The older man nodded his head as he followed JC into the den, watching the younger man pace the floor all the while muttering under his breath, Ted folded his arms over his broad chest. "so, JC what happened?"

Before thinking JC's head snapped in Ted's direction with fire burning in his eyes "What are the rumors about that kid? If he said she was a slut he is going to know the size of my shoe in his groin."

Taking a deep breath Ted thought carefully about what he would say to his daughter's biological father "What I've been hearing at the school is that he has been around the block a time or two and according to some of my students, he's got quite a temper on him if he doesn't get his way."

Narrowing his eyes, JC shook his head as profanities left his lips "If he even touched her, he's dead." Before Ted could even react, JC grabbed a vase sitting on the end table which was next to him and threw it across the room. Breathing heavily JC rubbed his eyes as tears filled them "I promised I wouldn't let anything happen to her and I couldn't protect her from..." Before he could finish, his eyes landed on Dana.

Dana's eyes filled with tears as she cried out "Ok, you want to know the truth? fine, Brent raped me a year ago and now I can't even go a day without him either tearing me down, or hitting me." she then pulled up the hem of her shirt to show a splotch of a bruise.

Both JC and Ted gasped as Dana let her shirt fall back into place. JC's eyes darkened with anger, "I am not going to let him hurt you anymore." He growled as he began to pace again.

Dana's eyes widened at his response "JC, I know you want to protect me but I can handle this."

Stopping dead in his tracks, JC looked at the young woman "Handle it? Dana the guy beats you." he exclaimed with sorrow.

Ted cleared his throat "Dana, go back to your room while we talk to your father ok?" he gently urged.

Nodding her head, Dana turned from the room and went back to her room where she rested her weary body onto her bed.

Joann looked at the two men in front of her "now, I know that you both want to keep her safe, but don't do anything that will cause either of you grief. Now if you need me I will be with our daughter." She stepped towards Ted and kissed him, then hugged JC. Sighing she left the room.

JC leaned against the wall and with tears in his eyes he slid to the floor in defeat "I promised her I would keep her safe and look at what happened to her." He buried his face into his hands as he grabbed the hair on the top of his head.

Ted watched the younger man as an idea formed in his head. With a gentle smile he made his decision "JC, I just thought of something that you could do to help out in this."

Lifting his head JC's eyes met Ted's "what's your idea? I'll do anything that will keep her away from him."

Knowing this idea may be far reaching, Ted sat next to JC "before you say anything I want you to listen to everything I'm going to say." he took a breath "I think you should take Dana back with you to LA, I know that you wanted her to live with us until she decided to move out. Honestly JC I think this will make your relationship with her stronger." His eyes searched JC's for any hint of apprehension.

With an idea like this JC couldn't believe what he was hearing. Yet, he was seeing Ted's reasoning "it's a good thing I never gave you guys full custody of her then huh?" he chuckled with a hint of sarcasm. Biting his lip, the younger man nodded "I was actually going to ask her if she wanted to come and visit for a few weeks."

Smiling, Ted nodded his head "I take it you are willing to do this."

JC blinked as he whispered "yes. I am"

with a grunt, Ted stood "ok, then we have to pitch this idea to the ladies." rolling his eyes "I know how Jo can get, so be prepared for her wrath." He laughed as he held out his hand to the younger man.

A hint of a smile found it's way to JC's lips as he took the offered hand, "I hope it's not too bad though because I have to do a photo shoot next week."

Both men laughed as they left the room the tension in the house lightened a bit. Though the knowledge of Dana's predicament was ever present in everyone's minds.
Chapter End Notes:
Hope you like this one.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc