Author's Chapter Notes:
This is going to be a part one of chapter two which is going to be both one part for Toni and the other Justin. I hope you guys like it.

20 Minutes Later


The newlyweds finally decided that the two would spend the next two years living together in Toni's palatial five bedroom home in the heart of Calabasas, California. Especially since Justin was now living in his best friend Trace's home after his latest breakup with Jessica Biel. The two then decided to head their separate ways for the time being. With Justin heading to the Palms hotel and casino where he was a guest and Toni staying at the Bellagio to mentally prepare herself for the inevitable ride home with Justin in the next few hours. They both now had time to think about the situation that they had put themselves in. Married and forced to live with virtual strangers whom they knew nothing about.

While in her hotel room Toni began to think about the consequences of her actions. She had tried to drown her sorrows about losing the award with liquor and all that had gotten her was married to a man who she believed to be self-centered, egotistical, and for lack of a worse word a complete asshole. Even if he was a pretty sexy ass man with a hot bod- Right before Toni could finish her thought she heard her phone ring from the other side of the room. “I've got to get together” she said out loud knowing that even letting the thought that she found her new unwanted husband attractive would only get her into even more trouble. She needed to focus and have a strictly platonic relationship with him. As she looked at her cell phone she saw that it was her mother and Toni knew that her mother would not be happy to know that her middle daughter had married some guy who she had never even met. Toni took a deep breath trying to prepare herself for the inevitable. “Hello” she said as she put the phone up to her ear. “Hello Toni how have you been I'm just calling to check up on you” Toni heard her mother say uncharacteristically sweet she expected the tongue lashing of a lifetime and all she was getting was her mother being dare she say it....nice. Maybe she doesn't know about me and Justin Toni thought. “Do you know who I am this is the woman who gave you life and the woman who sacrificed so much to raise you and your sisters.”

“I know who this is ma I do know what you gave up to raise us since you make sure I know every time I talk to you.” Toni told her mother with her trademark smart mouth. “oh no no no you must not know who this is because if you knew who this was and what I have done for you then im pretty sure your black ass would have picked up the damn phone to call and tell your MOTHER that you were married.” 'Damn' Toni thought 'spoke to soon'. “I woke up this morning to you and some white guy all over the newspapers and the TV. I had to find out that you were married from E! News and that's not even the worst of it not only did you get married without me or your sisters but you got married to some man that I, your mother, have never met do you know how that makes me feel.”

“Yes Ma I do” Toni said trying to get a word in between her mothers ranting and raving but her mother cut her off before she could even finish her sentence.

No I DONT think you know so I'll tell you how it makes me feel HURT that you never once thought of me. You couldn't even pick up the phone to say 'hey mom just to let you know I just got married to some guy that you or my sisters has never met and you might see it on the news, I just want to let you know so you can here it from me and not the GOTDAMN PRESS.” She said ending her speech with an imitation of Toni's voice.

“Mom im sorry that I didn't tell you about me and JUSTIN getting married but it was all very sudden it just happened so fast it was like one minute I was dancing and the next I was waking up married.”

Toni said thinking to herself that she didn't really lie to her mother because that was exactly how she herself remembered it happening. The last thing she remembered was dancing and Justin coming up to her after that everything else was a complete blur.

“Do you love him” Toni's mother said interrupting Toni as she thought of what would now be considered the worst night of her life.

“Mom what kind of question is that of course I love him if I didn't love him I never would have married him.” Toni said with as much passion as she could muster with a splitting headache and the knowledge that she was lying to her mother.

She knew that she could never tell her mother that she just so happened to get married while she was drunk, it would disappoint her mother. Toni was always the more responsible one of her siblings and she could never let them find out about her and Justin. Her sisters would never let her live it down. And she just knew what her younger sister Mariah would say 'oh I thought you were the smart and responsible one' ugh I would rather die Toni thought. No she had to make them think that she had married the love of her life.

'And hey who better to have a fake marriage than me' Toni thought

' I'm a fucking great actress I mean I do have the Oscar to prove it.' Toni had obviously forgot that her mother was on the phone as she had a little conversation with herself within the confines of her mind because she was jolted from her thoughts by her mother yelling

“TONI DO YOU HEAR ME GIRL IF YOU HUNG UP ON ME IM ON THE NEXT PLANE.” She yelled to Toni.

“No ma im still here sorry I was thinking about something, but ma I gotta go D is sitting here signaling to me that its time to go.” Toni lied to her mother knowing that Deannbra was at some cafe on the strip getting some food.

“OK but I wanna meet this Justin guy and feel him out, whats his last name again and what does he do.”

“Ma hes a singer and his last name is Timberlake and he is the most amazing guy I have ever met in my life” Toni said trying to play the role of a woman hopelessly in love with her husband. She was so into her act that as she sat on the bed she didn't even notice Justin being let into her room by her personal bodyguard Jake.

“Ma I love him so much I cant wait for you to meet him I just know that you are gonna love him too.”

“OK OK your making me sick ill meet him when you come home for the fourth OK now bye and be safe you may be married now but that doesn't mean that you should practice safe sex now bye.” Toni's mother said sick of hearing her daughter talk about her new husband.

Toni sat on the bed after her conversation with her mother thinking about the fourth of July celebration that she always had with her family every year. She couldn't take Justin with her to Detroit and introduce him to her ghetto family.

As Toni sat thinking of how she was going to get out of taking Justin with her to the party Justin began to creep up on her. “The most amazing guy you ever met huh?” As Toni screamed she felt her heart jump into her throat. She stood to her feet and looked at Justin wondering how long he had been staring and eavesdropping on her private conversation. She was just about to ask him that very question when she decided that she should try a different approach instead of saying some smart ass remark. I mean he was her husband with whom she was stuck with for the next two years. She might as well get along with him.

“ I was talking to my mother and I had to give her the old 'I'm in love with my husband routine' so that we can make people believe we are married that is the plan now isn't it?” Toni asked Justin as she pulled the handle to her brown Louis Vuitton suitcase and began to roll it out of the bedroom and into the sitting room to place next to what she assumed was Justin's suitcase.

“So I talked to my mother and she wants to meet you for the fourth of July.” Justin told Toni as he took a seat on the couch that was placed in the sitting room.

“No I was going to tell you that my mother wants to meet you for the fourth I go home every year and this year will not be an exception.” Toni said as she thought here comes our first married fight at least I know that this is one part of our marriage that we wont have to fake.


Chapter End Notes:
This is like my second time trying to write a story so there will be lots of mistakes and I hope you guys can hang in there with me. I should have part two up soon hopefully. Tell me what you think as well.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story