One Year Later
In the last year, James had opened the back to a patio that didn't overlook much, but it still gave customers an option to eat outside and enjoy the weather. She'd also cut back on her hours, giving Lesly more responsibility and had made Madison an Assistant Manager. Hunter had quit over Christmas to focus on sports and collegiate visits. It paid off. He would be going to Georgia Tech in the Fall. Kaylee and Madison were both heading up to Savannah to attend Armstrong Atlantic and since Madison and Hunter were still together, Hunter had promised to visit as often as possible.
The JC Chasez Talent Studio joined forces with Sutton's ballet studio and there was a waiting list of people ranging in age from 5 to 50. It had put Grayson on the map and The 2nd Annual Talent Show had gone off without a hitch. Chris had come up again to judge. This time he stayed a little longer. He and Lesly were dating quietly on the side. 
Chad and Lane had flown to Massachusetts and eloped shortly before Christmas. They were splitting time between Chad's home and a small apartment they'd decided to rent in Atlanta as Chad had been there almost every weekend with new design projects. Chad had mentioned to James they were looking into adoption sooner or later.
And of course there was the wedding - a quiet affair the October after the adoption, which was  in the backyard of Chad's home, with just family in attendance - and the arrival of the twins. Yes, twins, which had surprised both JC and James when  the doctor had informed them at the ultra sound back in September. Olivia Ryan and Landon Joshua had been born the week after Valentines' Day and could not have been more perfect. Sutton had been over the moon with being a big sister and adored her little siblings. 
It had been a busy year, but James couldn't have ever wanted anything more for herself. She sat on the back porch overlooking the pool and sipping on a cup of coffee while the sun set. Olivia bounced next to her in her swing and JC had been inside changing Landon's diaper. Sutton had just come out to go swimming before bed. It was a perfect evening.
"Amazing that breast milk can cause such an explosion!" JC chuckled, as he came outside, Landon on his hip and a cup of coffee in his free hand. He handed the baby to James while he took a seat next to her. He looked down at Olivia, who cooed at him and JC couldn't help but pick her up out of the swing and bounce her on his knee. 
"Thanks for changing him," James smiled and kissed Landon's chubby cheek. 
"Mommy! Daddy! Watch!" Sutton called to them, as she cannon balled into the water. Her head came bobbing up and she was grinning from ear to ear.
"That was awesome, sweetheart," JC called back to her. He looked over at James, almost amazed that this woman was his wife. Sometimes it still felt as though they were both living a dream, because life had literally been almost perfect since they'd met. And now he looked around and felt lucky to be a father to three of the most amazing children in the world. "Hey," he said softly to James. 
She looked from Sutton back to JC. "Yeah?"
"I love you," he sipped his coffee and slid his arm around her shoulder as the sun slipped behind the clouds.

Completed
Alysen Blaine is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Coffee for Two: The First in the Grayson Chronicles Series also liked 202 other stories.
This story is part of the series, The Grayson Chronicles. The next story in the series is Raising Chris: The Second in the Grayson Chronicles Series.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: court daddyjc abusiveex boyfriendjc