I hear this song on the radio right now and it makes me think of her, someone only best friend can manage to snag before me. It made me realize that he has her and I never will, helping me decide that I have to settle down even if it isn't with her. I had planned to propose by the end of the year if I hadn't gotten together with his one and only. I let out a huff of air from my burning lungs, exhaling into the air around me and make my decision because I know what I want is never going to come to me. She went from a 15 juniors' jeans (LEI with 3% or less of spandex) down to a size 7 and not quite done with shrinking. She has this heart-shaped apple like bubble butt that erases J. Lo's ass from memory, nevermind anyone like Ciara. I used to think Beyonce had a sexy ass, but you need to picture that on a white chick! Caramel cherry colored hair with perfectly sun-kissed skin, a row of freckles from one cheekbone to the other causing her beautiful ocean painted eyes to pop and she's intelligent beyond what I could ever dream of in any woman.
Every single fucking night since I met her, I've dreamt of being with her kinda jealously and I feel like Usher in the beginning of 'U Got It Bad'. She's my best female friend and he's also my best friend, but it's kind of like that song. I'll talk to her on the phone or Skype, hang up just to call her back or texting her moments later. She laughs at that every damn time and it's so fucking hot when she does it. Nick hit it head on when he wrote most of his second solo record!
"J, you alive?" Trace teases, shoving his cell in his jeans pocket.
"Uh, yup. Had something on my mind."
"Her again? You have Jessica and she's with JC, we both know she's head over heels and then some with him. It's like Jessica with you."
I nod, humming to it. "I guess." I think for a few seconds, leaning on the sturdy railing of my back porch and thinking. "You have to admit that looking at her now that you'd never get enough of her in one lifetime, never mindin' one night, Trace."
"No comment," he mutters into his Pepsi can, proving he would.
"You know why she's on my mind." He raises his eyebrows, dropping them back into a neutral position a moment from walking off. "I knew it, you think the same thing I do about her," I tease him, sure of it in the first place.
He turns to me and gives me a sly smirk. "What man in his right mind wouldn't? We watched her shrink! Damn, everything is perfected and sculpted in the best way."
I nod again, dropping the subject for the moment because we have a double date with our women. Joey never comments, but Chris and Lance always do without hesitation. Well, Lance used to up until he went on a mystery trip, talking to a chick on the phone all the time and he calls her 'Tori'. He only tells me that she's one of Sam's cousins or friends, somtimes I get 'someone Sam knows' with a secretive grin. The drive to the restaurant is silent and we catch him here as well, greeting us very warmly. "Hey, Justin! How are you?"
"Good, good. Who you talking to?" I ask, nodding at the cell pressed to his ear since he got into the management shit.
"Victoria, my girlfriend. We met through Sam last time I saw her in New York."
"How long were you there again?" I taunt playfully.
"Hardly more than a day."
"It took you a month and a half to commit to this woman?"
"Yes, we wanted to err on the side of caution and get to know each other much better before we jumped headlong into a relationship with each other."
He's always been the brains of the operation, thinking everything out before he even takes a breath. "Heard from Sam lately?"
Pathetic, I know all too well. "Yes, she's enjoying her extended work-related road trip."
I'm pretty sure that it's almost an exact quote from her. "Of course. Back to miss Tori."
"She's got jet black hair, a pair of light chocolate eyes and all the curves I could ever ask for. Her brain is intriguing, drives me crazy as fuck and she's every dream and wish I've ever had in one person and more. So damn much more than perfection."
Kinda like Sam. "Good. When do we meet her?"
"After Sam and JC get back."
A couple weeks. I know that they have something planned for the two biggest boybands ever and Aaron to come for a BBQ. It's been three months and they're taking a short break from the road before they try killing each other. Not her and JC, she and Nick can only get along for so long before they begin to piss the other off. "Cool beans, call or text me the details later?"
I clap my hand on his back, a weak smile ensuring he would and it won't matter if he likes it or not.

Nick knows all the ins and outs of being as known as I am, including the whole wanting someone and they don't want you. "Nick?" I ask, demanding his attention for a few seconds with evident exasperation.
"Yeah?"
"You think she likes me?"
"Sam? No, not a chance beyond a friend," he laughs.
"You know the song 'Scandalicious' you recorded?"
"Yeah," he slowly replies. "What about it?"
"Can you set her up like that?"
He's silent for a moment. "Nope."
"Why not?"
"It's all on her, she won't do it."
"How can you be so sure?"
"It's Sam and she's my cousin."
I groan, laying down on my bed with my cell balanced on my head as I lie on my side and I instinctively massage the empty spot in front of me. "She wouldn't fall for it?"
"Not at all," he laughs again. "She did somehow listen to 97% of our music before we knew her and is an extremely respectful fan who gives their honest opinion about us and the music we make."
I huff angrily. "So she's heard that song?"
"She can name it in the first five seconds and tell me what version of which album it had been on or was supposed to be on, turn around and sing it word for fucking word, plus she can even imitate the music behind it!" Nick explains, clearly exasperated with me.
"Oh, shit! What songs doesn't she know?" I question, dragging my hand down my face as I turn onto my back and drag my right foot toward my ass to bend my knee so that it points to the ceiling.
"The ones that haven't had anyone else's hands on them or in any other studio."
"The ones we've been tinkering with," I sigh.
"Yeah, and she's also very observant, making it nearly impossible to do anything secretly. She can read most of us like fucking overhead projector sheets for fuck's sake, Justin!"
"What about me?"
"She just said the other night that she's aware you're infatuated with her and it's borderline obsession!"
Fuck! There goes that plan! She knows I want her and she's not going to be easy to fool. "You're talking to the amháin obsessed," Sam comments nearby. A moment of silence passes between them. "Your stance and facial expression gives it away, Icky," she informs him and I hear it loud and clear.
"I understood 'obsessed'," I admit.
"She called you-" Nick starts to tell me and gets slapped. "Ow! That was my arm!" He gets smacked again. "Ow! I need to keep my head attached to function." I hear a metal & glass tapping sound, followed by a sneaker tapping on a tiled floor.
"Stoptar suas, chaocha!" she screams.
"Fine! I won't tell him!" he yells back at her.
"Why not?" I snicker.
"She has her bat tapping on the floor and her foot is going at a very irritated pace with a 'do it and die' look."
"Tell me and I'll save you."
"I'm touring with her!"
I laugh out loud and someone walks into my room as I curl into the fetal position, holding my stomach with tears falling from my eyes. The two of them are screaming at each other and it's hysterical to listen to them bitch at each other, far too comical for anyone but them to remain serious until I hear an all too familiar sound that I heard quite frequently while on tour with *NSYNC. "Time for the interviews?" she whines, revealing how bored she's gotten with them.
"It's with People."
"Mmmm, that one isn't that bad, Josh."
"We need to go."
"Alright, text me or whatever."
"Will do, Justin."
I hang up and look at the person who came in my room, finding Rachel there. "What in the DIckens is so fucking hysterical?" she snarkily remarks.
I shrug. "Sam said something to her cousin, he went to explain it, she smacked him a couple times, told him something, tapped something against a glass surface, tapped her foot like you do when you wanna kick my ass and gave him a look of death. I told him I'd save him and he screamed that they're touring together before she whined about interviews when JC cleared his throat," I explain, selecting clothes to pack for my trip to see Timbaland in Virginia to produce and record.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story