Author's Chapter Notes:
JC and Sam find out that his request had already happened, their hopes of the IVF taking sooner than projected.

It's been four days since my cramps started and I'm hoping it's just dysmenorrhea, nothing else. I'm reading 'Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels' for the 9th time since it came out and I'm watching the activity in the room out of my periphrieal vision around the edges of the publication. The tour doc walks in and looks at me, smirking. She pulls Nick and Josh aside, telling them something that makes them happily sigh before sitting beside me on the couch. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good, Dr. Perkyns."

"Well, it turns out you and JC are going to be parents in 8 1/2 months."

I drop the book on the floor and stare at her dumbly, clueless about how to approach the subject. "How? When? Huh?" I stammer.

"According to the positive urinalysis and the level of the hormones in your bloodwork, you just started your second week. Would you like to find out if it's safe to proceed with the pregnancy?"

"Can we do it when we get back to Tampa?"

"That's in 2 days and yes, we can go to my private office to perform the sonogram."

I nod nervously. "Congrats, Sam." I look at Nick still numb and blinking, attempting to absorb the information. I grunt in response, unsure about it all.

Josh squeezes his semi-muscular frame behind me and holds me. "I know you're scared and I know we didn't plan it, but I'm here no matter what."

"When do the adoption papers go through?"

"The court date is set for October 3 at 10:45."

"We're going to Dr. Perkyns' office for a sonogram Thursday when we get to Tampa."

"I'm willing to support you through this whole pregnancy and I won't walk out."

"Okay," I say, nodding.

"I haven't and I don't ever want to, no plan to."

We keep it to ourselves for the first 7 1/2 months and now that I'm 8 months pregnant, it's too hard to hide. We don't know the sex of the babies, we're having twins and they're going to be surprises. We've only gone to the award shows and special performances, the last couple singles being slow songs with minimal dancing and outfits that can easily conceal the huge bump Josh had caused. Hahaha! He's more excited than I am and it's pretty cute to see, how he talks and sings to my belly when we're alone or around family and friends.

The last award show we had gone to was the Grammys. Usher had waited for the cameras to point at someone else and we had been out of the curious eyes of fans and the press before he rubbed my belly. "Congrats, guys."

Josh smiles like an idiot. "Thanks. We just found out there's twins coming," he happily announces.

"You got your hands full. When are you due again?"

"In 14 weeks," I automatically reply.

"A couple weeks over 3 months."

"Keep me posted?"
"Of course, playa maja."

We had hugged him and went to take our seats, kissing for a moment. before the show started.

It's now June 5th and we're days away from my due date, Josh singing to the older kids before bed. He's singing them the lullabyes he'd written for their birthdays last year and our daughter sings along with him quietly, the boys hum it with him. I love hearing it every night.

I'm going through old CD's as I rip them to my hard drive and find a blank one, laughter coming from my lips as an old song plays in my earbuds. Nick's piece makes me laugh hysterically, but then again who wouldn't because it's methodically placed after Brian, Howie and AJ's parts. "...My name is Nick and I like the type of girl that likes to go dancing, the type of girl that likes to move her body, the type of girl that likes to shake what her momma gave her, the type of girl that will let me hold her hand and kiss her, the type of girl that will let me take her to the movies and then kiss her, the type of girl that will let me hold her so tight and then let me kiss her and kiss her and kiss her and kiss her..." He had to do that chuckle he does to this day.

Josh waves his hand and I see it out of my periphrial vision, pulling my earbuds out to respond to him. "What has you laughing that hard?"

I start the track over and press play, his head shaking from side to side. "You would think I'd roll my eyes at it, but it makes me laugh harder than I did when I first heard it."

"Baby, you're crazy."
"You're crazier for loving me."

"Admit me to a ward," he jokes, walking over to me.

"You have been and the biggest luxury is that it's your own house and have full freedom."

He kisses the tip of my nose and smiles. "I know," he fires back, making me grin.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story