"That's dirty... But it would be funny. I like your style," AJ tells me, rubbing his chin as we watch Nick sleep sitting up in the corner of the rehearsal studio during a break.
"That's why we should do it-payback for all his pranks he's pulled and cuz it'd be fucking hysterical!" I loudly whisper, convincing him to help me and his smile grows.
"He did pull who knows how many on me especially."
I have AJ contemplating it. "Just think how funny it'd be-water, flour, glitter," I say, unaware Jordan, Joey and Howie are behind us.
"What about water, flour and glitter?" Howie asks.
I mouth 'shit' and turn to face them, their arms folded over their pecs. "We were gonna get Nick back for all his pranks," I say as innocently as I could manage.
"I'm in," Jordan says.
"Sounds like what we used to do to Danny. I'll help," Joey smiles.
"Just this once," Howie agrees. "But if Leigh asks if I was involved, you conned me," he says, his eyes going back and forth between AJ and I, a finger in my face.
"Yup. I have glitter and a small container of flour in my bag. Any of you wanna spare a water or two?"
Jordan and Joey grab a water each and unscrew the caps, waiting for me to produce said glitter and flour. I saunter over to my bag and grab two small containers before rejoining our mini circle of plotting. I show the four of them and smile fiendishly. Jordan takes the container of blue, green and black glitter to look at, his smile becoming as devious as mine. "Let's do this," AJ whispers.
We stand around him, Joey and Jordan armed with the waters while AJ and I have the glitter and flour. All four containers open and ready, Howie waves his hand in front of Nick's face to check if there might be a chance he'd wake up when we move. Nick doesn't flinch, so the items are flung at him and the water catches him off guard. He startles awake and the flour and glitter are thrown at him at the same time, seconds before he can fully react. I pull my cell out of my pocket and snap a pic, repeating the process with my iPod before he could get up. I turn around to find Howie video taping it all and laugh. "That was freaking awesome! Remember, Nick, I love you! Aaron, you're next. Mwahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!" I say into the camera before running off, having heard my cousin get up.
"I'm gonna make you sorry for doing this to me, ass pain!" Nick guarantees, jogging after me.
He moves fast for being in his 30s (hahaha, he's old!), grabbing me in a way that my arms are pinned to my sides and pinning me under himself. "I love you?" I try to weasel my way out of his tickle torture, failing beyond belief when his fingers dig into my sides and neck, playfully wiggling his fingers against my flesh and it makes me laugh.
"I'm sure you do love me, but know that I'll get you back little cousin," he tells me, tickling me until tears flow down the sides of my face and my face turns red.
"Cropduster! Get off her!" Danny yells at him. "We have to get these moves down, more so her than the rest of us and Fatima is coming for your solo routine. She will be here around 3, giving us 9 hours and she's only going to make you rehearse for 6 hours," he informs us, Nick watching him as he gets up in one fluid motion.
"That works," Nick says, helping me up. "She's a slave driver, much worse than Danny."
"Right," I scoff, having read about her in magazines and interviews as a preteen and teen. I read that she's sweet, considerate and sometimes a perfectionist. I'm down with that, seeing as his tour has been moved up. I've dropped to 173, the lowest I've been since having Mikal when I checked last and I know I've lost more since. I'm nervously excited about touring and have been busting my ass to get in shape.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story