She agreed to the tutor thing, surprisingly enough and she knows the kick off date. The kids and her are excited, we have a big enough bus for us all. She has been working so hard and this is her promo tour, causing her to be even more excited. We kick it off in LA tonight, having flown out with Nick and we're out for lunch. The kids? They're with Heather and my mom, being kids while we have a rehearsal to deal with in two hours. She and Nick are excitedly chattering about the show and rehearsals. "Icky, how hard can a two month tour be so hard?" she questions.
"We have 65 tour dates to complete in 70 days, repeating the performances night after night and it becomes mindless after a couple weeks."
"The fans and media make it worth it."
"Yeah, but be careful," he reminds her, pointing at her with his fork.
"Psssshhhhhhh! I got this," she brushes it off.
"No, I'm being serious. Once you get really known, you will be chased down by every reporter and fan and hater everywhere you go."
She shoves a piece of shrimp in her mouth, smiling. "That's not what matters, it's the quality."
He sighs, noticing his warnings going unheeded. "Just be careful."
"I will."
"You'll need security soon."

We started the tour three weeks ago, she's been promoting her album and tour for two months and it drops in four months. She finished the album and photo shoot for it a month ago, demanding that she get a week off before sending it out before she hit the road. She got her way and it she's been a trooper, performing night after night while going through rehearsals day after day. We did hire a couple body guards, but the whole thing with her has changed and drained her. I don't mind caring for the kids, Lauren and Nick help us out all the time with them and I know she has to adjust. She's a pain to wake for some of her promo shit. Tonight is New York and it's for the Today Show, it's two hours before she's needed on set. Her and Nick are going to appear on that stage to kick off the summer concert series that the Today Show does every year since I can remember, she had rehearsal until 11 last night with Nick. "Baby, you have to be on set in two hours," I tell her, Dawn appearing out of nowhere. "How'd you get here?"
"Nick got me from the airport an hour ago, we're waiting in the living room," she informs me. "Nick can get her up faster."
Nick peeks around the corner and smirks. "She's got one eye open."
"Don't fucking do it, Nickolas," she warns, knowing his smirks.
"No flying Nick this morning?" he teases.
"Only if you want a full castration and neutering."
I turn to see her rub her face. "Dunkin'?"
"Iced caramel-raspberry with cream and sugar, extra flavoring," he says, nodding.
"Do I need to get dressed?"
"Nope, they have your wardrobe team there. We went over this last night."
She nods and Nick shakes his head with a smile, Dawn smirking. "Got you some sugar, it's on the table out here."
"Ooohhh, sugar," Sam jokes, a half smile appearing.
We head toward the dining room and she curls her legs Indian style on the couch beside Lauren, smiling at her sleepily before sipping the coffee. She looks at the sandwich from her 2nd fave donut shop and smiles, eating (more like inhaling) it in a couple minutes. "We have to do interviews all day today after the Today Show, chicka," Nick reminds her and her head drops into her hands, a groan coming from her.
"That's today?" she whines.
"Mmmhmm," Nick and I hum at the same time.
"The Today Show then...?"
"Rolling Stone, Music Today, VH1, MTV, Teen Beat, Redbook, YM, TV Guide, Z100, and you have a Maxim one."
Her jaw drops. "Maxim? Who in the fu-"
"I cleared it with JC and Usher."
"Nick! I'm not comfortable with it! I have children to keep in mind."
He rolls his eyes and shakes his head, annoyed with her. "I'm not trying to be a chauvanistic pig or anything, but I have to admit that you're hot and you should tease some of the older fans, drag in the older fanbase by doing this."
"I have to get fucking naked, Nick!"
"No, just a bra and panties or undies and a tank or panties and cover your tits."
She scrunches her face up in anger and her brows furrow, getting up with a throw pillow to beat him with. "You owe me big time, jackass," she announces, slamming his sides with the pillow.
"How is you having a hot body my fault?"
She whips back around and backhands his chest. "Jeff, remember?" she fires back, her face mocking happiness and tilting her head slightly while she flicks her finger off her temple.
"Okay, so it is my fault. It's yours, too! You shrunk like a pant size or two every week!"
"Yeah, and it's been over a year!"
"Ppppppbbbbbbffffffffttttt! Osh Kosh B'Gosh!"
"Whatever," she says, rolling her eyes and throwing the pillow on the couch before grabbing her coffee on her way out the door. She turns to give us an impatient glance.
"Why did you do that?"
Nick shrugs at me, smiling a moment later. "Got her moving."
"Pissed off, too."
"Let's go before she returns to tear our heads off," Lauren suggests.
"I swear, Kent!" she tells one of her security guards, annoyed for the day.
"Girl, you killing Nick will happen when he's fat, a dad to 15 kids and old as dirt," he argues gently with her.
"I'm not having 15 kids!" Nick shouts.
"That's right, you're having 30!" she shouts back at him, her tongue poking out at him.
"I'm not having that many," he argues, stepping closer to her for a hug.
"Fuck yourself," she mumbles into his chest, her arms going around him and her fingertips barely touch the top of his shoulder blades.
"I had to get you going this morning, it always makes you move faster."
"Yeah, yeah. You have 20 years experience on me, I'm not a morning person and I hate having to rush."
"I love you, little one."
"I love you, too."

They've always fought with each other to get the other moving since the beginning of this tour. It's June 5, 2013 and we're on the set for the Today Show, both her and Nick in makeup and wardrobe. "Why don't you like the eyeshadow?" Nick asks her.
"It doesn't look right," Sam argues, doing her eyeliner while he changes behind one of those faux stall things.
"How does the lime green not look right?" he asks, coming around the side of it and finishes buckling his belt.
"Cuz the baby shade of turquoise looks better, see?"
She faces Nick and he notices the subtle color, thinking about it for a moment. "Yeah, you're right and is this why you don't have a makeup artist or 'beauty crew' yet?"
She scrunches up her face at the thought of it. "What in the fuck is a beauty crew? I have someone do my hair, but I haven't come across a makeup artist that isn't fickle and has my style sense."
"Makes sense, I guess." He shrugs it off, standing in front her.
She flings an arm out to grab the side of his shirt, carefully looking at his face and she grabs a make up wedge to fix his face. "She missed some spots. Bitch."
He shrugs and leaves. "We should get out there," I remind her, walking up behind her and she smoothes her hair down nervously.
"I guess, Josh." She loops her arm through mine, taking a deep breath and we stand next to Matt Lauer. I press my lips to hers and step off camera, allowing her to talk to the announcer as the set team hooks her up to a mic pack and other random things. "Can you hear me?" she asks, the ear bud being put in her ear by a stage hand. The camera guy and tech nods at her.
She gets the five second countdown and looks at the camera, perfectly matching Matt. "I'm Matt Lauer and I'm standing here with the latest singer of the hour, Lil' Breanna. How are you today?" he says, turning to her.
She smiles at him. "I'm good, I'm here to show support for my cousin and to also perform for you guys today."
"In that case, you should intro our first performer."
"Thanks," she smiles and nods. "First up is one of my favorite people in the whole world and he's helping me through this tour, my cousin, Nick Carter!" she announces, pointing to the stage.

After his performance, it goes back to her. "So, what's it like dating JC Chasez and being a mom?"
She thinks about it for a minute. "It's complicated because he's also my co-manager and once he gets into manager mode, it's a pain to get him out of it. When he gets into daddy mode, it makes my day easier. When he's in a loving mood, I love him back."
"How do you feel about him?"
"Matt, I love him wholeheartedly. He's a big part of our lives."
"What kind of dad is he?"
"He's a good dad-patient when he needs to be, adjusting to the two am 'I'm scared' crawl in between us and is very supportive of everything they do. He's a great dad to simplify it." She smiles.
"Is that a promise ring or did he ask that question?"
"Promise ring," she informs him, winking at me.
Nick leans in and shakes his head, coughing. "Liar," he says, coughing again.
I scrunch up my face and motion for him to get out of the scene, annoyed. He stands beside me and chuckles. "You almost blew it up."
"Sorry, I forgot."
I shake my head and annoyance has become a normal thing. "So, Breanna, how would you rate JC as a boyfriend?"
"The best, I couldn't ask for anyone better," she responds in a split second.
I smile and Nick elbows me in the side. "You're getting fluffy," he teases me.
"Nope, she feeds me well."
"Fluffy," he sings.
"Whatever."
"-we catch them mid-argument, acting like family already." We stop, look at the camera and smile, tossing our arms over each other's shoulders.
"Us fight? No way," Nick fibs.
"We already got you on film arguing and I can always show this DVD to the world," she says, holding up a jewel DVD case containing a single disk.
"What's on it?" Nick asks, afraid of the footage it could contain.
"Keep denying the fact you guys have fought and the contents of this DVD will be all over the internet and airwaves in hours, I'll even put it on my Youtube, Facebook and Twitter accounts," she tells us with a crazed look in her eyes and a quick nod of her head to emphasize her point.
I sigh, ready to give into her demands and Nick stops me. "How do we know you're not just bluffing?" he asks, pointing at her.
"Air it," she tells them.

"Okay, that wasn't a bluff," Nick says.
"I was ready to admit it and you had to question me, that was embarrassing," I mutter.
Nick starts chuckling beside me in the van. "C'mon, you were playing with Legos and Barbies and Hot Wheels!"
"You were watching Bratz with Aaliyah and Transformers Prime  with the boys!"


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story