I shiver as his hair tickles my cheek, recalling the crazy day we had and the beautiful night that concluded it. We made love and we BOTH fell asleep before we could move, explaining why he's sleeping with his naked body on top of my own bare flesh. All he needs is a boner and we could just barely move, another session easily started again. That TMZ bastard can suck a donkey dick for all I care now. The shopping trip, sight seeing and sunset made up for what that douche bag did, the sex was just mind blowing gravy to me like it always has been. 
My phone screams out, a ringtone uniquely indicating one of my closest cousins and I pick it up with a laugh. "Hello?"

"Still get a chuckle from that ringtone for me?" he asks. 

"Yuppaz."

"I seen that TMZ stalked you guys most of yesterday until you booked it out of that park, burning rubber and fish-tailing the whole way," he comments. 

"That fucker can suck a donkey dick."

"You kiss your mom with that mouth?" he jokes. 

"I always brush my teeth and disinfect my mouth first," I retort playfully. 

He chuckles. "Definitely family. How's the honeymoon so far?"

"Good. More freakiness than at home. Yesterday was our first day out and about. How're things back in LA?"

"Ehhh, nothing too-ow, Cass-hold on, Cassie wants to talk to you."

"Uhhh, ok." Nope, there's NO way we're related at all. I roll my eyes to match my sarcasm. 

"Sam?"

"Uh, Cassie?"

I have absolutely no clue what she could have to say. "Nick and I have some major news," she anxiously begins. 

"I'm listening."

"We're going to have a baby."

"Or 30," I retort, laughing. 

"Maybe. Nick is glaring at the phone like he wants to kill you or something."

"He's just mad that I said 30 kids and I'm not flipping out," I confirm, rolling my eyes. "Congratulations, guys."

"Thanks! Nick was worried over you getting mad for nothing just like I told him. Enjoy the rest of your traveling honeymoon!"

"Oh, we will. Eat right, knock back tons of fluids and relax. See you when we're home again."

"Thanks, girl. Don't hurry home."

"We won't! Later."

"Bye, hon."

Nick broke Kitshanya's heart and she ended it, the whole reason being Chris' baby cousin, who I met during an awards show James had been at back when I started out. Nick couldn't lie to her about still being madly in love with Cassie, even after the hell they'd put each other through. I've met all of her friends and joined them for nights out, Josh being fine with all of it because he's known them all for so long. I'm well aware of of his history with her, but they've both admitted they can't be together again-it'd be too weird and I know it's the truth by the way they act ALL the time around each other. "Baby?" his groggy voice greets me, his face above mine. 

"Yeah?"

"Something wrong?"

"Nick and Cassie are expecting."

"I'm happy for them. I can't wait to hear that for us again."

I smile. "Me either."

"For all we know, we've already succeeded."

I giggle. "Maybe."

"Do you think we are?"

"I feel like something's off inside me and if I don't get my period by the time we leave the Bahamas, then most likely."

"Yeah, that'd be awesome," he agrees with a smile, laying his head back down on my chest. I feel his brow furrow in thought. "Have you ever been regular?"

"About what?"

"Your rag."

"No, not at all."

"Why?"

"I dunno. Endo runs in my family and all reproductive cancers as well," I reiterate. 

"Maybe it's from your dad's side?"

"Who knows?"

"Do you want to know?"

"Right now I want to focus on what we do have, not could be or go wrong."

"Alright."

What's endo? It's endometriosis-it's when blood goes outside your uterus and attaches to your organs. It's not something ANY woman wants, but lucky me cuz it runs in my family. For at least the past handful of generations, EVERY woman on my mom's side has had it and if I'm lucky, I'll be the first to contradict it. Plus, every woman except maybe 3 have died at or before 63. So you see why I live day to day more often than not.

"What time is it?"

I weave my fingers into his hair and he looks at the clock on the wall. "10:39," he tells me, looking at the windows, "in the morning."

"Mmm," I hum. 

"Do you still want to go to the geisha place?"

"Later. Can we just go out for breakfast, please?"

"Sure."

I nod and he holds me for a little while, both of us guilty of enjoying the peace and quiet. "I'm starting to miss the chaos."

"It's just so strange, but it's our honeymoon," Josh reasons with me. 

"I know," I sigh. 

"Just think, this is what it's going to be like in 14 years or when all of our children are grown and gone."

"Josh, don't make me think of that right now," I groan. 

"Why?"

"Mikal's 15, remember?"

He thinks for a minute. "Sorry, I forgot he's almost old enough to be on his own."

 

We get to the geisha house and they warmly greet us, both of us doing the same properly. They confirm we called a little while ago, smiling when we affirm it. They whisk me away, quickly teaching me about the process and I know it's only the basics right now. I show them my kimono and they compliment it, seeing that it's a traditional one. They apply the make up, have me practice walking in the shoes they've become accustomed to and they ask if I'm willing to come back around 7am the next day. I text Josh instantly and he agrees. They tug at my hair, simulating how tight it could be and it feels fine to me. "Most American women complain that it hurts," the youngest woman comments. 

"I've always put my hair up that tight."

"How long have you been interested in geisha? Japanese customs?" she questions me. 

"Since 'Memoirs of a Geisha' had been released in the US. Once I saw the movie, I've wanted to see what it's like to be one from before World War II."

"A proper one or Red Light District?""A proper geisha, she had more self respect than a Red Light District one," I explain.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc jc lance