Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's so short, but it's a teaser...

I haven't been on a stage in 11 years and you could say I'm extremely nervous, but she gave me the push to start this up again. It's only 15 months and this is my final hoorah! I can do this. "Calm down, Chris, you will do great," she assures me for the zillionth time in the past 2 1/2 years. 

"Thanks, Sam," I reply, hugging her appreciatively.

She has her hair down and pulls her oversized hood up to cover her face, dropping her head to entirely conceal her face. She has LEI flare jeans specially made for her performances, a couple shirts over a decorated women's A frame and DC sneakers.

Why she sticks with LEI jeans and DC shoes is because the DC shoe company and LEI jean company sponsor most of her performances and tours, two brand companies she's more than happy to deal with. She loves both companies due to them being comfortable and I have to agree, she got me a pair of shoes I've practically lived in for almost five months. The only downfall with LEI is that it's a woman's jean company, but she and Justin are working on a men's line that will be available only at Walmart stores worldwide by March 2021. 

She steps onto the trap door, kisses JC and crouches down. The tech crew check her mic and she adjusts it so it's comfortable, showing she's ready to go with a quick thumbs up to the road crew. 

JC, Justin, Nick, Aaron and my band jog to the edge of the stage, but remain backstage to watch her pop up with the pyros. Her dancers are going to come up from the floor, down from the rigging on harnesses and behind the curtain behind her all at the same time. Even the most inattentive viewer won't be able to look away, even if they have short attention spans. Just watching her rehearsals had ME captivated from start to finish during her parts, her whole focus is on the performance and is aimed at everyone witnessing the show.

The best part is that each one of the songs tells a story and easily flows into the next one. "Hello, Tampa!" she greets the audience, their reply of cheers bring a smile to her covered visage.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc jc lance