I may have lost her. I can't let her go that easily, I really love her and I know I fucked it up. I sit here with Tyler, the remote in hand and I aimlessly flip through the channels without caring to pay attention to actually watch anything. I toss the remote to my brother, head for the studio downstairs and begin writing what I feel. So hopeless and lost, but even more in love than ever before. I flick on the recording light and begin to record the demo for it.

Nothing's how it's supposed to be

How did you do this to me?

I recognize the song and play a new version of it, changing bits and pieces to match this particular situation. It had originally been You Ruined Me and I changed it, renaming it something semi related to it. I finish the rough demo and turn off the recording light, a knock grabbing my attention as I place my guitar on its stand. "Is it okay now?" her voice greets my lovesick ears, a smile creeping across my face.

"Yes, it's perfect timing, mami."

"Can we be serious, Josh?"

"Of course," I agree, motioning for her to sit by the drums with Nick behind her. "Why not alone?"

"I said I'd try to come alone."

I chew on my bottom lip, hanging my head and think of how to say what's on my mind. "I know what happened and I understand," he informs me.

He doesn't sit, but he does happen to pace around the room. I nod. "Josh, I know it wasn't intentional."

"I believed the drama."

"Have I cheated on you?"

I said I wouldn't be able to hold that one time against her and she asked a handful of times just to be sure. "No."

"Why would I start now after four years?" she asks and I feel her eyes narrow on me.

"You wouldn't."
"Right. Do you know why, Josh?"

"Because we love each other and you can't do that to me."

"I can, but I won't."

I look at her with a quizzical glance, my eyes meeting with Nick's and he confirms what I'm thinking. "JC, she waited for you, gives you her all and from what Lance told me-"

"I know, he texted me that she cried herself to sleep."

She walks over to me, kneeling in front of the couch nestling her body between my legs and moves her head so that our eyes meet. She takes in a deep breath and begins to sing a song I haven't heard in almost forever, Justin's song.

Woke up this morning
Heard the TV sayin' something
'Bout disaster in the world and
It made me wonder where I'm going
There's so much darkness in the world
But I see beauty left in you baby
And what you give me let's me know
That I'll be alright

'cause if your love was all I had
In this life
Well that would be enough
Until the end of time
So rest your weary heart
And relax your mind
Cause I'm gonna love you boy
Until the end of time

You've got me singing
Oh whoa, yeah
Oh whoa, yeah
Everybody sing
Oh whoa, yeah
Everybody singing
Oh whoa yeah

Now if you're ever wondering
About the way I'm feeling
Well baby girl there ain't no question
Just to be around you is a blessing
Sick and tired of trying to save the world
I just want to spend my time with you baby
And what you're giving me
Let's me know that we'll be alright.

'cause if your love was all I had
In this life
Well that would be enough
Until the end of time
So rest your weary heart
And relax your mind
Cause I'm gonna love you honey
Until the end of time

In all honesty, it's irony because he started the problem and Nick wanted it to end twice as fast as it had began. I think of a song and begin to sing.

Are you tired of me
Do you want to be free
I just got to know
Should I hang on or let go
Don't keep me guessing
It just ain't fair
You got me drowning in a sea of despair

I've held up for as long as I can
Ohhh I need to know, am I still your man

Tell me what you want
Tell me what your gonna do
Na na na na
Tell me what you want
Tell me what I have to do
Na na na na na na

Putting pressure, on my heart
Maybe we need some time apart
We need to find out what's gone wrong
Before the love's completely gone

I've held up for as long as I can
I need to know am I still your man
I'll be past the point, of no returns
Is there a reason to be concerned?

She giggles and softly caresses my lips with hers, our hands intertwined. "I want you with me, to be mine and to love me the way you have since day one."

She informs me, so soft that only I could hear and I put one hand against the side of her face. "I want nobody else." I feel her hand cover mine as best as she can and see her eyes close, a soft grin gracing her features. "I'm sorry."

"Can we put this behind us?"

"You better because you two have been together long enough to do that and this is the first major issue, so just end it already," Nick comments, softly playing the piano.

"If you lose her, you'll be in need of that lobotomy, man," Tyler adds from the doorway.

Nick's cell rings and he scoffs at it. "Get ready to talk to Usher."

So we made up, got through the day and Christina shows up with Kits. "Better be good news," Christina snidely remarks, glaring at me for my stupidity.
"It is," she confirms.

"You made up?" Kits excitedly asks, clapping her hands together with a joyous sparkle in her eyes.

I nod and we hop in the limo for the award show, the girls jabbering away excitedly while Nick and I talk amongst ourselves.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc jc lance