Author's Chapter Notes:

Here it is! The final chapter! I hope you've enjoyed reading it as much s I enjoyed writing it. And stay tuned....the next in the series will be out soon ;)

Alysen B. 

Two Weeks Later

“Close your eyes,”

“Chris, this is ridiculous. Where could you possibly be taking me in Grayson that I wouldn’t know?”

“Exactly. So close your eyes!”

Lesly sighed but had to smile at him anyway. In the last two weeks, her whole world had gone from sliding out of control to a normal she hadn’t felt in a long time. The day after she’d made up with Chris, she’d called Jenna Wolotosky and declined the position. However, Jenna had been so taken by Lesly that she’d offered to come to Grayson and help her start her own business in town. Lesly had put her in touch with a realtor friend of Chad’s and in six months, she’d open Les Designs right across the street from Brewster’s. Jenna had even offered to help her out through the first month with creating a budget and bringing a few of her dresses from Jenna’s Closet to the new store.

Almost a week after that, Dane had showed up on her doorstep and asked her to go to lunch with him. He’d cleaned up and had said he’d started going to AA meetings with Brianne. He’d also found a job in a neighboring town with an office supply company working in their mailroom. It wasn’t much, but it was a start and Dane had told Lesly that he wanted to start over and be the brother he should be. Brianne had even dyed her hair a natural color and looked worlds better than she had months before. Dane had even taken Chris for coffee at Brewster’s and given him his blessing to date Lesly and asking for a relationship with both of them. Lesly couldn’t help but think their parents were looking down on them with pride. She still couldn’t believe the drastic change, but she was so thankful that Dane was back in her life again.

And then, today, Chris had picked her up and told her he had a surprise for her. The day before, Chad and Lane had left for China, but not before calling Chris to let him know the house was ready and that he could move in whenever he was ready or whenever he’d shown it to Lesly first. Chris had hardly slept and couldn’t wait to show her the house. It was completely new on the inside and out and looked worlds different from what it had before. He was nervous, of course. There was a chance she might not like it and want to sell it to a stranger because of the memories locked inside of what it used to be. But he kept positive and had to tell himself she’d love it and that soon they’d both be in it together.

Lesly closed her eyes as the car made its way around Grayson. She knew the town like the back of her hand but knew that Chris was doing everything in his power to confuse her by going off different paths and roads to get to wherever they were going. All he’d said was that it was a new start and she would be excited when she saw it.

Soon the car pulled into the driveway and Chris looked over at Lesly. “Okay, baby. Open your eyes,” he told her and watched as her face went from confusion to shock.

“This is my old house,” she almost whispered. “What..I mean, why..” she couldn’t form a sentence.

“I bought it,” Chris replied, reaching over and squeezing her hand. “It’s mine. Or ours. And I –or we- can move in whenever we want. If you want to.”

Lesly was silent and Chris didn’t know what it meant. He searched her face but she gave him nothing, only got out of the car and slowly made her way to the front door. The house had been painted beige with darker shutters. The rocking chairs still sat there but they were newer models and the porch now wrapped around to the back of the house. Chris followed her to the door and unlocked it for her. She stepped inside to see an open living room that connected to the kitchen and dining room. It was one, big huge space now, but Lesly liked it. The walls were painted a light greyish-blue and there were pops of red throughout. Her old room was now an office that connected to the master bedroom, which was enormous. Dane’s room was the guest bedroom, complete with its own toilet and shower.

“I don’t believe it,” she breathed, turning to Chris. “When did you-“

“I bought it in December,” Chris wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. “I bought it for you. And me. And whoever else decides to join us.”

Lesly chuckled and leaned her head against Chris’ chest. “I just don’t believe it. I can’t believe you did all of this!”

“You’ll have to thank Chad and Lane when they get back. They helped out a lot,” Chris leaned in to kiss her cheek and nuzzled his nose into her hair.

She turned around to face him and shook her head in amazement. “I love you so much,” she reached up to kiss him and lingered for a moment. “And of course I want to move in here with you! Also, don’t get any ideas about anyone else joining us for a while. Unlike James, I don’t get pregnant every time someone looks at me!”

Chris snickered at how James was now 6 weeks pregnant and had told JC that after this one was born, he’d be having some major surgery. Chris and Lesly both had laughed at James when she’d told them she was that many weeks along and Lesly reminded her that it had most likely happened when she and JC had gotten it on back at Chad’s Christmas party.

“Thank goodness,” he chuckled and looked down at her. “I love you. Thanks for taking me back, Les. I can’t imagine living in here without you. I mean, I’d manage it, but it would be difficult. You’re the reason I even wanted to move here in the first place. It wouldn’t be right without you as my roomie.”

Lesly pulled away, “Roomie? Huh. So, do roomies have sex a lot?”

“These roomies will,” Chris picked her up, her legs swung around his waist. “In fact, I think we could probably go right now and christen our new bed.”

“I have no problem with that,” Lesly said, and clung to him tighter as he carried her into the bedroom to begin their new life together.


Completed
Alysen Blaine is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Raising Chris: The Second in the Grayson Chronicles Series also liked 106 other stories.
This story is part of the series, The Grayson Chronicles. The previous story in the series is Coffee for Two: The First in the Grayson Chronicles Series. The next story in the series is Daddy's Girl: The Third in the Grayson Chronicles Series.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love daddyjc marriedjc chris