Story Notes:

img mce_tsrc= 

Awards Won - 

Season 7:

Best Work in Progress 

Most Anticipated Update 

Author's Chapter Notes:

...and I knew our joy would fill the earth and last til the end of time...

The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face -Roberta Flack 

January 2000

“…and next on the set we’ve got actress Becca Sebastian from the hit FOX show Sarah. And after that, as we promised, Nsync will be performing their new hit Bye Bye Bye. Stick around. The Today Show continues after this…” Matt Lauer’s voice trailed off and Becca stood backstage, getting prepped for her interview. Behind her she could hear the five distinct voices of Nsync warming up and she smiled to herself as she heard them harmonizing.

“Ok and remember, you don’t say anything if they ask you about your relationship with Nick Carter!” Becca’s manager, Leo, was whispering loudly into her ear.

“There isn’t a relationship with Nick Carter,” Becca replied, almost monotone. “You know that. It was one picture at a club!” she sighed, exasperated.

“Well, they don’t know that! All they know is that you were dancing together and how it looked!” Leo hissed. “So you just tell them that-“

“Becca, we’re ready for you. Come on out to the set,” Katie Couric’s assistant came over to her. “The interview will be about six minutes, then we’ll break again and come back. Sound good?”

“Sounds fine to me,” Becca answered and followed the assistant out to the set. Katie was sitting in a chair across from the couch where Becca would be sitting. She was adjusting her mic and looked up, smiling at Becca.  At that moment, they were given the 30 second cue and soon Becca’s interview was starting.

JC watched her from the side of the soundstage. He’d been interested in meeting Becca Sebastian since he’d seen her at the American Music Awards weeks ago. She looked like a simple, real girl, unlike Bobbi, who’d clearly only been after one thing with JC. Becca seemed to answer the questions she was given with thought and clarity. He liked that. He was tired of ditzy women who pretended to be one way and acted another.

“Crushing much?” he heard Justin teasing him from behind. JC turned and shook his head, a smirk trying not to form into a smile on his face.

“She’s cute,” JC answered and decided then and there he’d ask for her phone number.

“…and so are you dating anyone?” Katie Couric was asking.

Becca smiled and shook her head, “No. No time. I’d like to but I don’t think it would be fair to the other person because I’m so busy with the show.”

JC nearly rolled his eyes. That was such the cliché answer nowadays. That basically meant “I’ve been going out with a few douche bags who don’t understand my schedule.”

“And that picture of you and Nick Carter?” Katie took out the latest issue of The Enquirer and JC’s heart sunk a little. Surely that was just a tabloid ploy.

“Nick and I have been friends since we were thirteen. We met at some of the same auditions. But there’s nothing there. Promise girls!” she turned to the camera and flashed a smile. Katie laughed and then announced a commercial break.

Good, JC thought. No need to bring Nick Carter into a relationship with a smart girl like that.

As soon as the interview ended, Becca thanked Katie and stood, walking over towards backstage. She saw JC and smiled at him, continuing to walk back to her dressing room.

“Hey, Becca,” JC called after her. Becca turned around, seeing JC. “I’m JC Chasez.” He came towards her and Becca smiled again. He was certainly not bad on the eyes.

“Nice to meet you,” she shook his hand. “Love your music. It’s really great!”

“You should stick around then and hear us sing,” JC said. “We’re on in about ten minutes.”

Becca frowned, “I’m really sorry. I have to be at David Letterman’s studio in fifteen. Otherwise, I’d love to hear you.”

“How long are you in New York?” JC asked, ignoring Justin’s frantic yelling across the way, letting him know they were getting ready.

“Just til tomorrow morning. I’ve got to get back to L.A. for the show,” Becca replied, ignoring Leo’s tapping on her shoulder.

“Here,” JC grabbed her hand and scribbled something on it. “I’d love to meet you for drinks later tonight. I know this is really rushed and all, but the only reason I’m even talking to you right now is because I want to ask you on a date. So no time like the present, right?”

Becca was a little taken aback. He certainly was forward. She’d been used to this in Hollywood for a while, so she didn’t know why it surprised her so much. “Um. Yeah. I don’t know, JC. I’ll, um, I’ll get back to you, okay?” Leo was practically pulling at her now to get to the limo waiting outside.

“Oh, c’mon! Just one drink!” JC was calling after her. “Meet me at 10. The bar at the Four Seasons.”

Leo’s grip had become so tight that Becca winced in pain. “Leo, stop! I’m coming, geez!” she snapped at him, then looked back at JC, flashed him a grin, and said, “Ok, 10. The Four Seasons. See you then.”

..and this is how the story of Becca and Josh begins…



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair love nsasync jealous daddyjc boyfriendjc postsync proposal jc