Author's Chapter Notes:

"...it's plain to see that you're the only one for me...." 

Back at One - Brian McKnight 

December 2010

 

Haste.

 

Stress.

 

Anxiety-filled excitement.

 

Those were just a few words to describe the way that Becca was feeling on her wedding day. She could hardly believe it.

 

In the last week, Josh had gone to stay with his family and he and Becca had vowed not to have sex until their wedding night for the last two weeks before they got married. It was a bet that Joey had suggested for them and one that they’d nearly lost the night before Josh moved out for the week.

 

“Just one more week,” Becca had pushed him away from her when he’d tried to pin her against the wall in the kitchen. She could feel him against her leg and chuckled as she looked up at him, their eyes both filled with lust for each other.

 

“Why’d we ever listen to Joey?” Josh groaned and reluctantly backed away from her.

 

“You know next Saturday when we finally get to the honeymoon suite at the hotel it’s going to be worth it,” Becca straightened her shirt and smoothed out her hair.

 

Saturday had felt like it would never get there, until the night before when they were gathered with their families and wedding party at an upscale wine bar for the rehearsal dinner. Toasts were made all around and the whole time, Josh could hardly take his eyes off of her. He’d thought about coercing her to let him come over to the house that night, but in a way he kind of liked the bet. The longer they held out, the better it would be for both of them the next night.

 

And now it was here. This day they’d both waited for, for as long as they’d been together was here. Becca felt resplendent in her simple, white gown. Both her mother and future mother-in-law had been in awe of her when she walked out of the bridal room at the chapel. And Dylan, wearing an unadorned white dress with a red sash, had squealed when she’d seen her mother.

 

“You look so pretty, Mom! Dad’s going to love it!” she was literally about to jump up and down around her mother from the excitement she had been feeling for the last week. Her parents were really getting married. She would finally have them together “for real” as she’d told Briahna the night before at the rehearsal dinner. Becca looked at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath. Just a few more minutes and she would finally be walking down the aisle to Josh. They’d both agreed that yes, it was only a piece of paper, but it would mean so much more because of all that they’d had to go through just to get to this day. And after ten years of fighting, of struggle, of other relationships, of near death experiences, Becca and Josh were getting married.

 

She touched her little bump and smiled. They’d announced the pregnancy at Thanksgiving and although her parents had at first balked at the idea of a pregnant bride, they soon got over it and were now just as equally excited as Josh’s family had been. Her parents, though not particularly fond of Josh from the beginning, had warmed up to him in the last month. Becca figured they knew now that the back-and-forth between him and Becca was over now that they were getting married.

 

The violin quintet began to play from the front of the chapel. Josh had been waiting behind the platform with his father, his brother, Tony, and Joey. He never was nervous when going on stage, but today was a completely different performance. Today was his wedding and everyone would be looking at him expectantly, not to sing, but to make promises to Becca that he would keep forever. He walked out front and stood, hands folded on top of one another and looked expectantly at the front doors of the chapel, waiting for them to open. First, came Kelly, next Janelle, and then Dylan, who was grinning the biggest grin Josh had ever seen on her face. She didn’t take her eyes off of her father and made her way next to him. He looked down at her and smiled and she whispered, “Wait til you see, Mom!” to which those seated towards the front heard and laughed softly.

 

It was at this point that the violins swelled their tune and the music changed, evoking a bigger and broader piece as Becca appeared in the doorway. Josh’s breath was taken away. She looked more beautiful, more radiant than he’d ever seen her before. She was smiling at him with that same simple smile that she’d worn the day they’d met. Josh was never a man of a lot of tears, but they flowed freely as she made her way down the aisle to him. Dylan was looking from her mother to her father, not knowing who to pay more attention to at that moment. The music faded away and Becca was standing in front of Josh and Dylan. She locked eyes with him and he wanted to kiss her right then and there. He looked over at Tony, who went to the piano and began to play the song that Josh had composed for Becca. The words flowed easily off his lips as he sang to her, only interrupted by a few notes that were off because he couldn’t stop crying. Becca looked lovingly at him the whole time and when he was finished he gave a shaky sigh and wiped away the tears that were rolling down his cheeks.

 

“Can we just kiss now?” he whispered to her and Becca chuckled softly.

 

“No, babe. Sorry. In a few minutes,” she wanted to kiss him just as badly and was already anticipating their hotel room visit.

 

The minister said the usual wedding homily and Becca and Josh vowed to love and honor and cherish one another until death parted them and then when it was announced to the congregation that they were now husband and wife, Dylan jumped up and down and Josh took Becca in his arms, playfully dipping her as he kissed her lips. The violin quintet began to play once more and Josh, with Becca on his arm and Dylan holding his free hand, walked down the aisle with his family. Their friends and family cheered and as she walked past Briahna, Dylan gave her friend a high five.

 

“I’m proud of you, son,” Roy said to Josh later that evening at the reception. “You didn’t do things the conventional way, but then again, I wouldn’t expect that from you. Congratulations.”

 

“Thanks, Pops,” Josh clapped his father on the shoulder and looked over at Becca who was dancing with Dylan to a Justin Bieber song. Much to their dismay, their daughter was an avid fan. But as much as Josh hated the song that was playing, he couldn’t help but smile at the scene in front of him. Becca was even singing along with Dylan to the point where they were giddy by the end of the song.

 

“Was this on the DJ’s playlist?” Joey came up to him, as Roy walked away.

 

“Nah, but you know we can’t say no to Dylan today. I’m sure she begged him to play it,” Josh replied and took a sip of beer. Becca walked over to him, her smile hadn’t faded since the beginning of the day.

 

“Hey, Mr. Chasez, how much longer til we get to leave?” she whispered seductively in his ear. Josh slid his arm around her waist and pulled her close.

 

“Well, technically, we have the place til 2AM. But in all reality, you and me can get the hell out of here and let our friends finish the party without us. Is that okay?” He rubbed her back, discretely resting his hand on her backside.

 

“Let’s go,” she linked her fingers through his. “The car’s ready outside.”

 

“Mom,” Dylan stopped them as they headed towards their parents to let them know they were on their way out. “Mom, I don’t feel good.” Dylan was holding her stomach and looking a bit pale. Becca knelt down and put her hand on Dylan’s forehead.

 

“You don’t feel warm,” Becca patted her daughter’s cheek. “Are you sure you didn’t just overdo it with Justin Bieber?”

 

“No, my stomach hurts. I feel like I’m going to throw up,” Dylan leaned against Becca, who looked at Josh.

 

“Maybe we should take her home first,” Becca said softly to Josh, who tried not to show his disappointment.

 

“Honey, she’s going home with my parents. They’ll take care of her,” he tried to persuade his wife. “She’s probably just excited and danced too much.”

 

“Josh, I don’t want to leave our child if she’s sick!” Becca was exasperated. She looked up to see Karen walking toward them.

 

“Is everything okay?” Karen asked, looking at Dylan who was leaning against Becca. Becca was running her fingers through her daughter’s hair.

 

“Dylan’s not feeling well and I feel bad about leaving her,” Becca replied. “I know she’s going home with you and Josh is trying to assure me she’ll be fine, but I’m still worried about her.”

 

“Dylan, do you want to come to my house? I’ll make you some chicken noodle soup and I bet you will feel better,” Karen touched Dylan’s arm, but Dylan shook her head.

 

“We’ll take her to your house,” Karen offered. “You two need to go have your wedding night and let your parents take care of the grandchild.”

 

“Mom, can’t you and Dad come back with me?” Dylan looked up at Becca and was suddenly forlorn. Becca looked at Josh, who knelt down to talk to her.

 

“Honey, we’ll be back tomorrow. You know that we’re not leaving for the honeymoon til next week. You get us all to yourself tomorrow night and I promise we’ll celebrate with you. Is that what this is all about?” he prodded and Dylan slowly nodded, putting her arms around Josh’s neck. “Aw, baby girl, I know you want to be with us on our special night, but we’re going to take you out tomorrow night. Just the three of us. Okay?”

 

“Okay,” Dylan mumbled and looked over at Becca. “I’m gonna go with Grandma, Mom.”

 

Becca eyed Josh as Karen winked at them and took Dylan’s hand. “You two start heading out. Grandma’s got this one,”

 

“How did you know?” Becca asked him, as they headed towards the stage.

 

“I had a hunch she might feel like that,” he answered, chuckling. “She wants us all to celebrate together as a family, finally. I promised her that she would get to do that tomorrow night.” He went to the microphone and tapped on it to get everyone’s attention. The music faded and everyone stopped dancing and eating and drinking to look over at Josh and Becca.

 

“We are about to head out, but we wanted to thank you all for coming out and celebrating with us,” Josh said into the mic.  “You are all very special to all of us and we love you.” Their friends cheered and hollered words of congratulations as Josh and Becca headed towards the front doors of the reception hall. Dylan was fast on their heels and before they got into the car, Becca turned and pulled Dylan into a hug.

 

“I love you, girl,” Becca kissed Dylan’s cheek, as Josh put his arms around both of them.

 

“We’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” he hugged Dylan tightly and they both waved to her as they climbed into the back of the limo.

 

Everyone was waving and cheering as the limo pulled away and Becca waved fiercely to Dylan until the crowd was just a tiny dot. She settled into the seat next to Josh and he immediately pulled her close to him, kissing her softly on the lips.

 

“How far is this ride to the hotel?” Becca asked, facing him and cupping his cheeks in her hands. “I don’t know how much longer I can stand this.”

 

“Fifteen minutes,” Josh pulled her onto his lap. “I know you paid a lot for that dress-“ he kissed her “-but I really just want to rip it off of you.”

 

Becca laughed at him and teasingly slid one of the straps down off of her shoulder. Josh leaned in to kiss the exposed skin and Becca felt him tug at the back of her dress.

 

“No,” she removed his hand. “No, you’re right. I did pay a lot for this and as hot as that would be to rip this dress off and take me right here in the back of the limo, I think I want to wait til we’re in the hotel room. It’ll be more romantic, you know?”

 

“You’re right,” Josh traced her lower lip with his thumb. “Just fifteen more minutes.”

 

The hotel was a high-rise building near downtown Orlando. It was newly renovated and looked almost futuristic on the outside. Inside, the elevators stretched to the top of the 33rd floor, where the penthouse suite was located and also where they’d be spending the night.

 

“Welcome Mr. and Mrs. Chasez,” the receptionist at the front desk said. “We have your room ready. And congratulations.”

 

“Thanks,” Josh nodded and slipped a $50 across the marble desk to her. He and Becca walked across the lobby to the set of elevators that were only for Concierge guests. “Did you hear that? She called you Mrs. Chasez.”

 

Becca grinned. “I like hearing that. I finally have the same last name as you and Dylan,”

 

When they reached the top floor, the elevator opened into the living area of the suite. It was quite open with a full view of the Orlando skyline all around. Champagne awaited them in an ice bucket, complete with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and Brian McKnight crooning “Back at One” over the speakers.

 

“You had them play this when we walked in?” Becca turned to Josh, who was walking into the bedroom with the champagne.

 

“Maybe,” he winked at her and she followed him, gaping at the huge bed that awaited them. The maid had already turned down the bedding and Josh was undoing his tie as he sat down on the bed. Becca sauntered over to him, standing in between his legs and placing her hands on his shoulders.

 

“Take my dress off,” she almost whispered. “But don’t rip it!” she added for good measure.

 

Josh stood slowly and began to carefully undo each beaded button on the back of her dress.

 

“Why’d you pick a dress with so many damn buttons?” he teased her, pulling her close to him. She felt his fingers get to the last one and then he moved his hands back up to the top of the dress, easily sliding it off of her body. He gaped at her standing there in a white corset, looking like some Victoria Secret model. The dress was in a puddle around her feet and Becca made sure to slowly lean down and step out of it. She turned, showing off her thong as she walked to the closet and hung it up. Josh stood there, still in his shirt and tie and slacks, ogling at his wife.

 

“Josh, I can’t be the only one in my undergarments,” she bit on her lower lip and walked over to him, undoing the buttons on his shirt. She felt his breath on her and looked up as he kissed her lips in feverish delight.

 

Becca pulled away, moving to the bed and laying down on it as though she were posing for Playboy. Josh had never undressed so fast. She laughed at him as he pulled on his sock and nearly tripped over himself to get to her. Climbing on top of her, he settled himself between her legs and began to work the corset off of her.

 

“I thought you’d enjoy getting me undressed,” Becca whispered, watching him struggle with a button.

 

“You and your buttons,” Josh replied, finally releasing the last one and nearly yanking the corset off of her.

 

“I want you so bad,” Becca tugged at him to lay on top of her, spreading her legs so he knew she was ready for him. “No foreplay. Just you. Inside of me.”

 

“I can do that,” Josh reached down to massage her, just to tease her for a little bit. Watching her buck and groan only turned him on more. “I am so in love with you, Becca.” She moaned as he began to move deep inside of her. Brian McKnight continued to serenade them with “their song” and soon Becca was giving into him over and over again. It was as though the two weeks they hadn’t been together like this had all been worth it and had made them feel as though it had been much longer than two weeks.

 

Drinking champagne and eating strawberries and talking about their life together took up part of the night, but mostly all they wanted to do was love each other and take advantage of being alone in a swanky hotel room. Finally, at almost three in the morning, they were both depleted of any kind of energy and fell asleep next to each other.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair love nsasync jealous daddyjc boyfriendjc postsync proposal jc