Story Notes:

This story is a sequel to another story I have written called "Forces of Nature". That story is not allowed to be posted here because the main character is Nick Carter. You do not have to read that story to understand this story. If you would like to read that story, head over to A03. This story focuses on JC and Lance's relationship.

 

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Lance Bass, JC Chasez, Nick Carter, Backstreet Boys and Dirty Pop Live in any way. This story is a work of pure fiction and made up in my imagination.

This story is slash as it deals with male/male relationship. If you do not like that, please do not read.

I am my own beta and any and all mistakes are mine. No matter how many times I reread and search, errors still get past me.

Lance Bass leaned back against the closed door his sister and niece just excited through. He blew out a breath and closed his eyes, shoulders dropping. Rubbing a hand over his weary face he pushed away from the door and walked into the living room. A chuckle escaped when he saw his boyfriend stretched out face down in the middle of the floor, toys still scattered all around him.

 

"You alright?" A muffled groan escaped and Lance watched with amusement as JC Chasez folded his arms beneath his head, creating a pillow. "What's the matter?"

 

"We were only hit with one tornado right?"

 

Lance laughed as fell to his knees and started picking up the toys his two-year-old niece Olivia Carter had strewn across his living room. There were Barbies and Legos; Scooby Doo figurines and Mickey Mouse figurines; numerous stuffed animals and books. His niece didn't want for anything when she came to his house. She had her own toy box filled to the brim not to mention a shelf full of animated films, Disney shows and Nickelodeon shows. "Tired C?"

 

"I could lay right here and sleep for two days," JC turned his head, resting his cheek on his folded arms "Even the dogs are tired." He looked at their three dogs, each finding space on the couches fast asleep. The two older ones, Dingo and Foster, were Lance's. He had them from the time they were puppies nearly six years ago. The littlest one, Lily, was a small Terrier mix they had rescued together two years ago.

 

"They aren't used to that much excitement. At least not in such a large dose." He had just finished a babysitting stint that lasted four days while Rachel flew with Nick to New York for a Backstreet Boys appearance on Good Morning America followed by radio interviews. While work would only take up a day, they decided to spend an extra day and enjoy themselves. He and JC jumped at the chance to babysit Olivia.

 

"Can say the same about me."

 

He tossed a soft, plush kitty in JC's direction, grinning when it landed on his head before sliding down the brown locks to the floor. The look JC sent him told him he wasn't amused. "Oh come on, you enjoyed every minute."

 

JC's heart warmed. "Oh yeah," he smiled. He may have been beyond tired. Olivia thought it was funny to wake up with the sun. This morning he had been so out of it, bleary-eyed from not being able to sleep in he poured coffee into Olivia's sippy cup. Aside from that minor blunder the past four days had been amazing. He loved that little girl from the very first moment he held her in his arms in the hospital the day she was born. It was hard to believe a seven pound blonde haired, blue-eyed beauty could grab hold of him the way Olivia did.

 

The past four days were spent on the couch in the early mornings sipping milk from her sippy cup, holding onto her favorite pink blanket snuggled in his lap. He learned the finer points of shows like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Dora, The Explorer, The Wonder Pets and Bubble Guppies. Mornings had quickly become his favorites. That was saying a lot for him. He loved to sleep, he loved to stay up late and sleep in but mornings with Olivia had definitely been his favorite. The way they sat on the couch in a drowsy not awake yet state, snuggled together, bodies still warm from sleep in the quiet.

 

Once the two year old brushed off the sleepiness it was on the go until she was able to be corralled for a nap. It was games of chase where he chased her around; he steps severely halted as he let her stay just ahead of him until he caught her. Her giggles and squeals of laughter bounced off the walls and never failed to make him laugh right along with her. It was games of holding her securely in his arms and twirling around as fast as he could until they were both dizzy and couldn't walk straight. It was building pyramids out of building blocks and laughing as Olivia knocked them down with glee.

 

It was playing outside in the warm sunshine with bubbles watching as she ran through the yard giving chase trying to pop as many as she can. It was sidewalk chalk and artistic scribbles of a two-year old. It was sticky fingers and food-smeared faces. Baths that left you soaked even though you weren't in the water. It was the smell of Johnson's baby lotion. It was the feel of big hugs and slobbery kisses. It was the love wrapped up in your heart as eyes dropped and you didn't want to lay her in bed but snuggle with her all night.

 

Of course each one of the memories from the past four days had Lance. He was there blowing bubbles or helping pop them. He was lying down on the cement allowing JC to trace his body which led to Olivia immediately lying down for her turn. He was pressed all warmly against JC's side on the couch in the mornings with Olivia on their laps, heads resting against each other as they zoned out to Mickey Mouse.

 

"You still awake?" Lance asked reaching out to run his fingers through JC's shaggy locks. He smiled softly as JC rolled over, placing his head in his lap. Lance shifted, straightening his legs on either side of JC's body. JC's head rested on his upper thigh; the top of his head touching Lance's stomach. He resumed his movements of running his fingers through JC's hair, smiling when JC emitted a soft sigh.

 

"I won't be if you keep doing that," JC lifted his arms resting them on top of Lance's legs. With his fingers curved around the side of Lance's legs, his thumbs caressed the skin just above his boyfriend's knees. He sighed contently, letting Lance's strokes lure him into a relaxed state between sleep and awake.

 

"Come on, Babe," Lance tugged on JC's hair ten minutes later after they sat in the comfortable silence. "We need to pick the toys up. Drew and Lisa will be showing up soon."

 

"We can do the radio show like this."

 

He smiled at JC's words. He was content to sit like this the rest of the night. Well...not quite like this, he thought after thinking about their positions further. From this angle he couldn't lean down and kiss his boyfriend's lips. He slipped his hands beneath JC's arms and hiked him up. Now JC's back rested against his chest; his ass nestled against Lance's crotch. He settled his arms around JC's waist, holding him firmly.

 

"I was comfortable," JC's half protested. He laid his arms over Lance's, snuggling into the embrace.

 

"But I couldn't kiss you."

 

"Oh okay," a ghost of a smile appeared on JC's face. He felt fingertips touch his chin and he let those fingers turn his head. Breath moved across his cheek and he blinked his eyes open staring into the yellow-green eyes he loved so much. He closed the short distance touching his lips to Lance's. When he broke the soft kiss he wiggled closer to Lance. The content feeling was back when he felt Lance tighten his hold. Lance pressed against him from behind seemingly curling his body around him.

 

"I love you," Lance whispered into JC's ear before pressing an open mouth kiss against his cheek. It was hard to believe they'd been together for three years. The three best years of his life. It had taken them a long time to get to where they are now. A broken relationship soon after the group went on an indefinite hiatus that caused them to speak to each other only when necessary. Never once did they stop loving each other, but the words from their final fight were too harsh to forget.

 

That all changed when his twin sister Rachel and her then boyfriend Nick Carter decided to go on a weekend hiking trip in the Sequoia National Forest and subsequently got lost. A shiver coursed through him. It wasn't a time he liked to relive. Even though it was the catalyst that brought he and JC together, he didn't like to think about what he felt like knowing his sister was lost in a forest that spanned more than a million acres. What he liked to remember about the terrifying week of not knowing if they'd find his sister and Nick alive was the fact that JC had been there for him; opening up his heart again to all the feelings he had thought he had permanently buried.

 

"You okay?"

 

"Of course I'm okay," Lance murmured. "I have you."

 

"Forever," JC twisted in Lance's arms meeting Lance's lips. He sighed into their kiss. As he parted his lips allowing Lance's tongue to enter and seek out his, he lowered his back to the ground, pulling Lance over him.

 

*~*

 

"Welcome to Dirty Pop with me, Lance Bass. Happy Friday!" Lance spoke into the microphone in front of him. "It's finally the weekend. I don't know about anyone else but this week drug."

 

"That's because you and JC spent the week babysitting your two year old niece," Drew spoke. "I see she's not here. Did she go back home?"

 

"Yes," Lance frowned. The house was too quiet now without Olivia's giggles echoing off the walls. "Rachel and Nick got back a little while ago. There was a lot of crying and hugs that wouldn't end."

 

"So we covered you and JC," Drew grinned. "How'd Olivia deal with leaving?"

 

"Are you kidding? When she saw Mommy and Daddy, we ceased to exist." JC laughed. "We were left to deal with the tornado that blew through the house."

 

"I saw the living room. I didn't know one kid could have so many toys."

 

"She may or may not be spoiled," Lance chuckled, trading looks with JC. "But it was all JC."

 

"Riiight," JC drew out laughing. "She had more toys before she was born than most kids do in their whole life."

 

"Well I never got to spoil my sister's Stacy's kids," Lance explained. "Because I was in Orlando, here in LA...Russia. I've always been the uncle who pops in for visits and sends their birthday presents in the mail. It's completely different with Olivia. I've seen her nearly every day since she was born."

 

"Doesn't that make you feel bad that you're playing favorites?" Lisa asked.

 

"I'm not playing favorites. I love all my nieces and nephews the same. I don't try to play favorites but I guess it would seem that way because I do see Olivia more than I do Leighton, Keegan, and Keikel."

 

"Don't let him fool you," JC spoke. "He constantly sends things to Mississippi."

 

"Well I do feel bad. I only see them a few times a year. Feel like they are getting the raw end of the stick."

 

"Any listeners out there have the same problem?" Drew asked. "Do you see more of one sibling's children versus another? Call us."

 

*~*

 

The silence was deafening. It was weird and foreign. After four days of shrieks and laughter; cries and babble the quiet was strange. The television didn't offer much solace. JC still paused over the children stations before he caught himself. There was no reason to put those channels but he still hesitated when he saw Dora, The Explorer.

 

It was absolutely ridiculous to feel this way. Never had this happened before when Olivia came to visit but then again this had been the longest she had stayed at their house. Sleepovers had occurred occasionally but mostly it had only been day visits. Four days had been just long enough to settle into a routine and get used to the idea of little feet scurrying around. Now the little feet were gone, the routine broken.

 

Depressed. It was the only word JC could think of to describe what he was feeling. It was just hitting him. After Olivia had left that afternoon, he'd been too worn out to think about her not actually being in the house. It was easy to pretend she was just napping. Then it was immediately into Lance's radio show where it was easy to forget about your life because they were usually discussing someone else's or NSYNC which seemed like a lifetime ago.

 

Now there were no distractions. It was in-your-face silence that was hard to ignore. It was there letting you know, no matter how happy and perfect you thought your life was there was something missing that could make your life even better. Children had never really been in the foreground of his life. There was always something (mainly his career) more important than a family. After his music career somewhat fizzled, he never dated a woman he thought about settling down with.

 

Wonder why? With a sigh, he turned off the television and swung his legs up on the couch. He lay back on the pillowed arm with one arm tucked beneath his head. Of course he didn't think about marriage and children with those women. None of them fully had him. They were all just him trying to prove to be something he wanted. But now with Lance... There was no doubt in his mind that Lance was the man he was supposed to be with. He figured that out at the tender age of twenty. Of course it didn't go as planned, for which he took full responsibility of the ten years wasted apart.

 

Watching Olivia had played with JC's mind. It was easy to slip into the mantra of Olivia being his daughter - his and Lance's. Amazing how simple it was to change his routine - plan his day - around the needs of a three foot tall blonde cutie. He had no qualms rearranging or even cancelling items on his schedule in favor of chasing Olivia around the playground; pushing her high on the baby swings until her laughter echoed through the park. Being limber had finally paid off as he was able to fold his body to slide down the enclosed slide because Olivia stood at the bottom after her turn telling him to 'come down'. It didn't help matters that Lance had been standing behind her, with a teasing smile. 'Yeah come on C. Your turn.'

 

How he wished Olivia didn't have to return home. How he wished they could have kept her forever. He was sure Lance wouldn't have minded but Nick and Rachel wouldn't have agreed. JC knew how much he loved Olivia had from the moment he laid eyes on her. He knew Rachel and Nick loved her more. Not that he saw how that was possible. Then again he was sure it was different for parents and children. He was just an uncle; only an honorary one at that. If Rachel heard him say that she'd flip. She was quick to defend his status within the Carter family. He was no less an uncle than Lance. Just because he was of no blood relation didn't mean squat to her. Coming from an adopted family, he understood well. It wasn't blood that made the family. To her, he would always be Uncle JC. But he wondered what it would be like to be Daddy JC. He was a brother, a son, uncle, boyfriend. Now he wanted to add two new terms: husband and daddy.

 

Husband.

 

Lance immediately popped in his head; rightfully so. There was no other man for him. Lance was the only man he had been with. The only man he had dated, been in a relationship with. He was the only man JC had ever had sex with. A fact he found completely romantic. He never looked at another man like he did Lance even when they were split. He strictly dated women trying to prove something to himself. He'd never been so happy to fail at something.

 

Getting married to Lance - his best friend, his lover, his soul mate - would be a dream-come-true. If that made him sound like a girl so be it. He didn't need a marriage certificate to prove his love for Lance but he wanted it. He wanted to stand up in front of their friends and family and declare their love for one another. He wanted to slip a ring onto Lance's finger. He wanted to feel Lance slipping the metal on his own finger as they stared into each other's eyes. He wanted to change their names. Chasez. Bass. Bass-Chasez. Chasez-Bass. It didn't matter to him. They would be married; spouses. Lance would be his husband. He would be Lance's husband. He would belong to Lance and Lance to him.

 

Right now that could never be. Even though the Supreme Court repealed the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) back in 2013, the State of California had not legalized gay marriage. They could get married in his home state of Maryland, but their marriage wouldn't be recognized in California. California was their home. If the state they spent ninety-nine percent of their time didn't recognize their marriage what was the point of getting married? When California finally joined the other twenty-three states (and the state eventually would no doubt about it) he and Lance would get married. A blessed day that would be.

 

Daddy.

 

The term brought a smile to his face. JC let his eyes drift close as he thought about having children. He had never given children much thought. Sure he had wanted them but it was never in his immediate future. It had always been a long term thing. That all changed when Olivia came into their lives. The more he was around his niece the louder the calling came. He wondered if men had biological clocks. It would certainly answer a lot of things for him. He was already thirty-nine. He'd be turning forty soon. Lance was thirty-six. Men and women their ages were still having babies. For them, age didn't matter; as long as their sperm was viable. They would just have to find a healthy woman to carry their child.

 

Their child. His and Lance's. No matter if they used his sperm or Lance's, the little boy or girl would be theirs. He imagined himself laying on the couch much like he was at that moment, with a tiny baby curled on his chest. He could almost feel the slight weight. If he tried hard enough, he could catch a feint whiff of baby lotion. His heart swelled so much it ached. In that moment he realized he wanted it all.

 

He started when he felt lips brush against his softly. Blinking his eyes open he found himself staring into Lance's bright green eyes as he leaned over him with one arm on the back of the couch holding his weight. JC smiled up at him. He un-tucked his arm from behind his own head and reached that hand out cupping the back of Lance's head, he pulled his boyfriend down for longer kiss.

 

Lance let himself be pulled down on the couch. He stretched out over JC. Their legs tangled. He kept his arms on either side of JC's shoulders bearing most of his weight. When the kiss broke, he lifted his head staring down at JC. "You were a million miles away. What are you thinking about?"

 

JC searched Lance's eyes. He loved the shade of green-yellow. A color combination he had only seen on his boyfriend and Rachel. Even Lance's parents didn't have the correct color hue. It went through his mind if the eye color would be passed down to their son or daughter if Lance's sperm was used. He hoped so.

 

"Are you okay?" Those beautiful eyes squinted in worry. JC reached up brushing his thumb across Lance's eyebrow smoothing out the wrinkle. His hand trailed down his face, palming his cheek. The scruffiness was rough against his palm. Neither one of them had shaved that morning.

 

"I want us to have a baby."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story