JC's eyes were still glued to Bloom. "JC?" Chris waved his hands in front of JC, willing to accept his apology for the joke comment earlier. "JC?" He tried again.

"Oh sorry, man," JC said after a few seconds. He just found himself in a trance earlier. As soon as he regained his sanity, he looked down and saw the broken pieces of the cup. "Oh, God," he said melancholy.

 

"I am so sorry, Flora," JC said sincerely, trying to pick up the broken pieces carefully.

"No, it's okay," Flora assured him.

"No really, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry," Flora said calmly. She held JC's hand with her 2 hands, and said, "It's alright." Afterwards, she slowly let go of his hand, held her hands below the broken pieces and restored the cup to its original form.

 

Bloom looked at JC, but JC dared not look back.

Tecna decided to break the awkward silence with an update for the tour.

"Um, guys, we just finalized most of the setlist, instruments needed, the stage design, props and etc. Would you guys like to check it out before we can officially move on to the next planning?" she asked, trying to exert optimism.

"Uh sure, Tecna," Justin followed. The other guys followed as well, except for one.

 

"You coming, JC?" Justin asked his buddy.

"Uh, later, Justin. I need to talk to someone first."

"Ok," Justin said, while everyone else cleared the room.

 

Flora whispered to Bloom, knowing that JC wanted to talk to her.

"Don't be mad at him, Bloom; there's gotta be an explanation," she whispered, leaving Bloom and JC alone, hoping that whatever is happening between the 2 of them, it would be resolved as soon as possible.

 

As soon as Bloom and JC were alone, the latter still couldn't look at the former. How could he, after making a fool of himself in front of her friends, and in front of his own friends? JC loved Bloom no matter what, and he knew that he can't get in the way between her and Sky. But still, he just wanted to be with her.

"Uh, JC? Is something the matter?" Bloom tilted her head, trying to make JC look into her eyes, but he still remained silent. His head was facing the ground (and he was also wearing a cap, giving him a much more mysterious look), yet he still remained calm.

 

JC looked very handsome, regardless of the mood that he was in. He looked like a handsome prince that came to life from a fairytale book, but Bloom knew better than that; she obviously saw right through his looks and went straight to the point.

"I know you're upset that you won't remember us by the time the tour is over, but it doesn't have to be that way. Please, just tell me what's wrong."

JC remained silent and shook his head. Bloom may not have the power to read his mind, but surely she could read his heart? Oh, what the heck?, he thought to himself. I'm being delusional now.

 

"JC?"

 

After a couple of moments, he got up and looked into Bloom's eyes. He fought so hard to be angry at her. He was angry at her because he felt like she was playing with his emotions, and then announcing that she has her own loved one. But he knew that that was just his ego; deep down, he knew Bloom would never hurt him like that. But he still felt hurt. So instead of showing eyes filled with rage, he showed eyes filled with sadness. Still looking straight into her eyes, tears started coming down from his eyes.

"Oh," Bloom said, holding his hand and leading him towards a nearby sofa. Bloom couldn't believe what she just saw. Of course she knew that JC was human, but she didn't expect to see him become THIS human. He still kept on crying so hard that she had to bring a box of tissues for him.

"Please. Tell me," Bloom said while holding JC's hand, hoping that whatever problems JC's having, it won't affect his performance on tour negatively.

 

"You do love him, do you?" JC finally asked her, removing his cap.

"Yes, JC," Bloom replied, knowing exactly whom he was referring to.

"Well..... this is getting too awkward," JC said with a weak smile. He hoped that Bloom would just fall for his awkward attractiveness and leave him alone, but he knew very well that she's not that type of girl, and if there's someone who should tell Bloom he loves her, it's gotta be JC himself.

"Don't worry. I won't judge you," Bloom reassured him.

 

Yeah right, he said to himself insecurely. Finally, he got up the courage and talked to her.

"Ever since we first met, I've felt this strong connection to you. And I'm not just talking about looks, power, or any of that outer surface stuff," he explained, while dangling his Leo necklace with his fingers, "but deep down. I mean deep down in my heart. I could feel you, Bloom."

 

He then told Bloom the exact same words he said to himself that night when he cried himself to sleep. "It's tearin' up my heart when I'm with you, Bloom. But when we are apart, I feel it, too. And no matter what I do, I feel the pain, with or without you, Bloom." He managed to say her name at the end without crying too much this time.

Bloom gave a sincere smile at JC, flattered that he was sort of dedicating her favorite 'N Sync song to her. However, she also knew that he was communicating to her on a serious note.

"Aww, JC", Bloom said, speechless as she didn't know the right thing to say next.

"I have feelings for you, Bloom. I've never felt this way to a girl before."

 

There was a long pause. C'mon, JC - say it! he thought to himself.

 

"So what you're trying to say is.....?" Bloom asked with a patient and sincere tone.

"Bloom......... I love you."

 

JC finally confessed his love for Bloom, yet he was still in tears, and this time it was much more serious than before.

"I love you, Bloom, and I know you're taken, and I know you love Sky, but it's true! I love you, Bloom!" He cried, still sobbing as if he was cursed to do so for the rest of his life.

 

Bloom found herself in tears as well. Things now started to feel surreal. JC was her favorite 'N Sync member, and she's always loved him unconditionally. Now this man she loved just confessed his love to her, and not just random love, but real love. Bloom does love JC, and she wants him to be happy. It's just that she's obviously with someone else, and that's Sky. Sure, JC's a really good-looking guy that Sky would've been jealous of JC if he saw him, but ultimately Bloom's heart was with Sky; she and Sky were meant to be together, not her and JC. Besides, it's just a time-travel, and JC would eventually forget about her by the time the tour ends.

 

Bloom wanted to tell JC that, but she couldn't. She couldn't because even though it was just a time-traveling world, she could tell that JC's feelings for her weren't superficial (even if he'll inevitably forget about her) - they were genuine and true.

 

However, she just couldn't say that she loves him absent-mindedly, because what would happen to Sky? The last time Bloom remembered, Sky did hurt her before, but only because he was under Princess Diaspro's spell (thanks to Valtor) to make him fall in love with her instead, and while Bloom's feelings for JC were also real, she knew how it felt like to be hurt. Bloom didn't want JC to experience the hurt she felt from that past experience. In short, JC's heart was now in Bloom's hands, whether she liked it or not. One false move, and that heart would forever shatter in a million pieces and be ruined forever and she'd never forgive herself.

 

So Bloom just sat there, quietly consoling the crying JC, allowing him to lie down on her lap while she gently rubbed his back. She was the Fairy of the Dragon Flame, and she and the girls have fought against several villains and whatnot, yet keeping a man's heart from breaking - especially when she's already taken - really is a tough job.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story