"I'm on a workout, guys!" Justin playfully said, running on the treadmill-like platform on the stage.

It's been a couple of weeks later, and the stage equipment has been settled. Pretty much everything is settled before the tour starts. Now some of the costumes just need to be finalized, as well as all the dance steps and whatnot.

"Wanna challenge?" Aisha joined in, started running on another platform, and this time ran with faster speed.

"Oh yeah?" Justin said.

"You're talking to the Princess of Andros, so yeah, Justin," Aisha beamed.

 

The two of them started running on their own platforms, and ultimately Aisha won for using faster speed and still staying on the platform without losing her balance.

 

"Aw, no fair," Justin pouted, fixing his bandana.

"Yes fair," Aisha insisted, smiling as she said that. "You guys will be the ones performing anyway."

"Yeah, and by performing, you mean doing this like every single day before AND after each show, Aisha," JC came in and defended his friend.

"Whoops," Aisha replied. "Sorry."

JC laughed.

 

As the other girls have promised, they helped JC stay focus on the tour. He still had those feelings for Bloom, but at least he was able to stay focus on his job regardless. The 2 of them oddly enough still talk to each other all the time, but mostly on music and stuff. Still, JC gave the public the impression that his disposition was so bright and totally focused on the tour that a mere outside observer could not suspect his true feelings for Bloom.

Stella definitely helped the most when she noticed moments when JC didn't seem to be himself, and so she made herself useful by constantly interrupting his conversations with Bloom whenever awkward silences would occur between them.

 

"Excuse me, JC," she would always call on him. "Can you PLEASE convince Justin to wear this Specialist outfit??". Even though Justin hands down said no (and he even blatantly said no when Bloom tried to convince him herself, as she promised Stella she would), Stella still insisted.

"Ha ha," JC would just laugh.

"You know what they say, Stella," he said this time, flashing a smile at the fairy who had the powers of the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars. "If you force something to somebody, people will know it's forced, and it's not gonna be real anymore."

 

"Uh Stella," Bloom said, "if you don't mind, we're actually talking about other stuff."

"Ooh, other stuff," Stella replied, almost sounding nosy. "You more-than-like-him, huh?" she asked grinningly, while JC was being called for a quick meeting concerning the show.

"Stella!" Bloom said, slightly exasperated.

"OK, Bloom, I'm sorry, it's none of my business," Stella continued, still keeping her cheery disposition.

 

But when JC started to come back a couple of moments later, Stella quickly asked Bloom in a serious tone, "Are you sure you can handle this?"

 

"Don't worry."

"Ok. If you need help, you can just tell me or the other girls."

Bloom nodded, and Stella left, trying to think of a compromise for the costume designs.

 

Bloom and JC were now beside each other, standing behind one of the stage platforms.

"Bloom?"

"Yeah, JC?"

"About that other day," JC said, scratching his head. "I hope I didn't give the impression that I'm being a hopeless romantic..."

"Oh no, JC. Don't be ashamed about it," Bloom said.

He was now listening to her. Bloom must say the right thing now, yet still be honest.

"I know your memories will vanish as soon as the tour's over, but I do believe you when you say you love me, and I want you to know that," she paused.

JC's cyan blue eyes were wide open as soon as Bloom said that. He neither showed complete happiness nor sadness; he just stood there calmly, nodding as Bloom continued to talk.

"I've been exerting effort myself in helping for the tour, but also, I've been trying to think of the right thing to say to you."

 

Bloom looked down, then she looked back at him. How could she be honest with him without breaking his heart?

 

"I do love you JC, regardless of the circumstances," Bloom continued. JC remained quiet.

"I wish I knew what I could say to make you feel better." Then, hoping that this would keep JC's heart from breaking ever again, she carefully said, "Your heart is in my hands, no matter what. Even if we won't be together as a couple, there will always be a special place in my heart for you, JC."

 

As Bloom said that, JC's tears showed up, but this time he smiled back at her.

"Thanks, Bloom," he said. "I've never been loved by a girl like this ever in my whole life."

"Not even by your own mom?"

"Hey," he grinned, "I meant, you know...."

"Yeah," Bloom chuckled. "I know."

 

With that, they both hugged each other with much love. Bloom, the Fairy of the Dragon Flame, was able to keep an 'N Sync member's heart from breaking. Even if his memories of her will eventually disappear, it was still important for her that he'll never get hurt ever again. Now if only she could continue to hold his heart in her hands without dropping it along the journey of the tour. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story