The crowd was screaming so loud, cheering as JC knelt in front of Bloom and serenaded the fairy with a chorus of "Tearin' Up My Heart" (before the actual show started, already wearing his opening costume).

"It's tearin' up my heart when I'm with you, Bloom," he sang. "But when we are apart, I feel it, too, Bloom. And no matter what I do, Bloom, I feel the pain, with or without you, Bloom."

Bloom beamed as he sang that song to her.

 

"Bloom, I know we've just met months ago," JC said on the microphone, while reaching something from his pocket. "But........ Bloom....," he got a box from his pocket, opened it and said, "will you marry me?"

The crowd then screamed so loud, with many supporting him. The crowd was screaming things to Bloom like "Say yes!" or "C'mon, girl! Don't keep him waiting!" or "If you're not taking him, he's mine now!".

"Oh, JC," Bloom blushed, looking at the crowd, amazed at the sight.

 

JC beamed at Bloom, his blue eyes filled with hope, hoping that Bloom would say what he wanted to hear.

 

"I.....I...."

 

The crowd became so much more intense.

 

"I love you, JC," Bloom said, however she noticed that the ring in the box had a dark-black gem smiling back at her rather than a diamond.

"So will you marry me?" JC asked again, still smiling.

 

Suddenly, she saw a vision of her love Sky being surrounded by flames, but it wasn't her dragon flame - it was dark fire. With the dark fire, he was being severely tortured to death.

 

I wish I could marry JC, but I can't, Bloom said to herself. If I do, Sky WILL suffer. What I'll do to him will be much worse than what Diaspro did to him.

 

"Bloom?" JC asked her, still on his knees waiting for her reply. The more delayed her reply was, the more intense the crowd became, and some of the audience members started to leave the arena, feeling like their time was being wasted thanks to a silly-and-slow proposal prior to the show.

 

Bloom's heart couldn't take it anymore.

"JC..... I love you...... but..... I can't marry you. I'm sorry," Bloom finally replied.

 

Knives started attacking JC's heart, almost literally. His cyan blue eyes which were filled with so much hope were now showing despair, and tears started to fall under his eyes. He was indeed crying, but this time it showed so much sadness and so much pain that Bloom's own heart could almost feel knives attacking it as well.

 

"Bloom!" he cried, his tears reaching down the stage platform. "How can you hold my heart in your hands and just let it slip away?". He continued sobbing so hard that nobody could not pity him at all.

 

The crowd started booing at Bloom, with various responses.

 

"Screw that fairy!" a child from the audience screamed.

"She is evil!" a fangirl said.

"She does not belong to him!"

"I told you, fairies and boy-bands CAN NEVER co-exist!"

 

The audience started shouting expletives at Bloom, and then throwing objects like flower vases at her.

 

Suddenly, fire started to surround the arena, and the people really should've left, but they were still furious at Bloom, allowing themselves to perish in the fire.

 

"Now look what've you done, Bloom!" JC yelled at Bloom, his tone filled with so much menace now. "You've held my heart in your hands, made one very big mistake, and the fans hate you! WE ALL HATE YOU!!!"

"NO, JC!!!" Bloom protested, defending herself against all odds. "It is YOU who's making the big mistake! I told you I love Sky -"

"And you played with my emotions, you freak!" JC screamed back at her. His blue eyes became blood-red from crying so hard. "Why didn't you tell me you were engaged before?! I regret the day I ever met you, BECAUSE YOU BROKE MY HEART EVER SINCE!!!!!"

 

After he said that, JC got a bloody dagger from his pocket, which terrified Bloom. This isn't you, JC, Bloom thought to herself. Why couldn't you see that?

"JC! Don't do it!!!" Bloom pleaded.

"Oh yes, Bloom, I will," JC said, grinning quite maliciously. "I'll never kill you 'cause you're the Keeper of the Dragon Flame - I don't even have powers to fight you back anyways - and since I know I'll never have you no matter what, I guess I should end my life now."

 

 

JC got up from his bed, still in his pajamas. It was the middle of the night, and he was staying in his own hotel room. As he got up, he contemplated on his dream. That girl will never be mine,  JC said to himself. And no matter what I do, I feel the pain, without or without her. She's engaged to someone else, but she doesn't want to break his heart by leaving him. And yet I love her.

 

JC started at the door. He started to drink a green alcohol found on a coffee table.

 

No, why am I being so selfish? Bloom loves Sky, and so I should be happy for her.

No, she played with your emotions, didn't she, JC? She was giggling at your jokes, smiled at you, and then expected you to be happy for her when she told you that she's engaged!

No, you fell out of a freakin' harness, almost died, and the girl saved you with her fairy dust for crying out loud!

 

Contradictory thoughts spun around JC's head. He was really becoming schizophrenic, or if not schizophrenic then he's losing his sanity.

 

"I don't wanna be in love, I don't wanna feel this way. All I wanna do is leave, but all I can do is stay."

 

He loves Bloom, Bloom's engaged to her true love Sky, yet she loves JC, simple as that. But then his illusional dream took its toll and influenced his mind as well, driving him crazy. And of course, there's the absinthe drink he's been drinking.

 

I'll never love a girl like Bloom ever again, and when she leaves, there's no point to live, knowing that she'll be the last, JC said to himself.

JC's heart started to break. It broke before, but this time it has officially taken its toll.

 

"I don't deserve to live."

 

Love, or insanity, drove him to get out of his hotel room and run up to the elevator.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story