The green-eyed member of 'N Sync (and the only green-eyed member) couldn't sleep, staring at the ceiling of his hotel suite.

He's supposed to be happy. Everything was going so right, especially with the massive success in Madison Square Garden. And yet he's still bothered by something.

I can't take it anymore, he said to himself. I am different. I don't belong here because I'm not like them.

 

 

Bloom must've known already, because she's been a fan first and hasn't been too outdated with news on them ever since, but the rest definitely don't know, most especially the guys.

 

Even though Justin, Joey, JC and Chris were considered to be his best buddies for such a long time, a part of him still felt isolated for being different from them. It wasn't because of his deep voice (he was the perfect bass singer, as the others were frantically looking for one ASAP when they first started), nor his lacking dancing skills (he had to learn how to dance from scratch, unlike the other 4 who already had experience), nor his light green eyes; it was something else.

Ever since they first started out in Germany, he's usually the one who gets chicks the least. The other guys must've had intimate relationship with girls; him, not so much (although he walked the walk and tried dating). Even though he did fall in love with women before, Lance still felt a void in his heart. There was still something missing, even if he was with a girl.

He knew he was different, and he already knew it when he was very young. But he couldn't just tell it to anyone, not even to his 4 close buddies.

Regardless of what their reactions will be, he knew that he had the careers of Justin, Joey, JC and Chris in his hands besides his own, and the wrong decision would cause them all to fall.

 

Lance felt so isolated and alone, thinking no one will ever understand him, especially by a girl. Until he met Flora.

Lance was indeed attracted to the Fairy of Nature. He was not exactly in love with her per se, as she's already taken in the first place, but he still had feelings for her. Unlike all the other girls he met, Flora was very unique, and not simply because she's a fairy, but because she was the most kind, sweet, and understanding girl he's ever met.

She was the type of girl who seemed like one who would never run away from him after telling her his secret. So why was it so hard for him to tell her his secret?

 

Just then, there was a knock on the door.

Lance got up and opened the door. It was Flora.

 

"Flora," Lance said smiling.

"Hi Lance," Flora replied. "I hope I didn't wake you...."

"No, it's okay. I couldn't sleep anyway."

 

Lance got back to his bed, while Flora sat down on the bed beside him.

"Lance, I don't mean to pry or anything, but I noticed that you seemed uncomfortable a while ago."

Lance almost shrugged, but still stayed quiet. He's known Flora for months, and they were so close now. Could this be the chance to tell her his secret before it's too late?

Unsure of what to say next, Lance just sat up from his bed.

"You know, you can always tell me what's wrong," Flora assured him. "You can just tell me, and I promise I'll keep it a secret."

 

Lance paused for a while, then finally replied to her.

"I'm different, Flora. I don't have a girlfriend."

"It's okay, Lance. You guys really are busy for the tour, but once it's over, you'll have your chance to find true love again."

"That's not what I meant," Lance replied, his voice almost deeper than usual. "Even if I was to have a girlfriend, I would never be happy with her. I'm not exactly attracted to women romantically."

"What do you mean?"

 

Lance took a deep breath, then finally confessed to Flora his deep dark secret.

 

"Flora.... I'm gay."

 

Flora looked at Lance, neither with disgust nor gleam. She was rather confused, not knowing anything about it.

 

"I don't understand," Flora said calmly.

"It means I'm different from all of you guys," Lance replied.

"Yes, I know, but what exactly do you mean?"

"It means..... it means that I'm attracted to other guys, not girls," Lance answered the naive fairy.

 

Flora contemplated with everything Lance just told her. She has never heard of homosexuality back in Lynphea, but ironically she was aware that it does exist in the plant world. She obviously cared for plants, and she cared for Lance.

 

Lance was almost like a plant to her now, seeing his disheveled blond hair, as well as his tears coming out of his green eyes, similar to the colors of dewdrops and leaves.

 

"Oh, Flora," Lance said, wiping his tears and trying not to cry too much in front of her, "this is really me, and nothing can change that no matter what I do."

"Why don't you tell the others the truth?" Flora consoled. "Surely they would understand."

"You don't understand, Flora. If I tell them the truth, then THEY THEMSELVES will be under the pressure to keep it a secret, too, and if one of them accidentally blurts it out loud, it will jeopardize 'N Sync's reputation as a whole. We will all be known as a gay band, our fans may abandon us, and things will never be the same ever again. It's better for us to be known to the world as the 'Bye Bye Bye' guys rather than otherwise."

 

Lance then confided in Flora all of his insecurities and past experiences, most especially emphasizing him being gay in contrast with the other 4.

 

Flora's heart reached out to Lance. Although she was not 100% aware of how the music industry works, she does know a thing or two about others being persecuted or ignored. The plants, the trees, the flowers - they tend to be ignored, perishing in one of the fires made by Valtor before (she and Aisha were able to save them all in the end), and not just during that moment, but in most situations now. With that, she was able to connect Lance's dilemma with nature.

Flora also strongly supported equality for plants and animals, and that they should all be treated with kindness and respect, so in terms of Lance's gay issue, she also connected it to treating others equally.

 

The Fairy of Nature embraced the bass singer of 'N Sync, hoping that he doesn't feel alone and isolated anymore for confiding in her.

 

"I'm glad that you told me, Lance," Flora assured him. "As I've said before, I promise to keep your secret safe."

"Thanks, Flora. That means a lot coming from you....," Lance paused, "...... considering that I'll forget about you as soon as you girls leave and I'll be stuck in the closet."

"C'mon, let's just be positive," Flora replied calmly. "Even if you lose your memories, I know that there are still a lot of people out there who would love you unconditionally, and I want you to know that."

"You really think so?" Lance asked, still slightly insecure.

"Yes," Flora answered with a smile. "And I know you'll also find true love someday. Well, I guess I should go now. You really need to rest before the next show starts in a few days." She stood up and reached for the door.

 

"Uh, Flora?" Lance called.

"Yes, Lance?"

"Thanks for everything. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome, Lance."

 

As soon as Flora left, Lance lay down on his bed. His green eyes slowly closed, and his mind was now at ease. He was finally able to sleep, not only because of Flora's warm and kind words to him, but also because of the lovely warm lavender-scented pillow she left for him.

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story