13 days later

 

"Happy 20th Birthday, Justin!" All the Winx and other 'N Sync members greeted the youngest member of the latter in his house.

The very last day for the Winx to stay with 'N Sync happened to be Justin Timberlake's birthday. Ironically, Justin would be known as the member who would break out of the band to have a solo career, and end up being much more successful than his other bandmates in less than a decade from now.

As everybody greeted Justin, the Winx's song "Spotlight" was playing (made possible thanks to a couple of music collaborations made by both the Winx and 'N Sync), with Stella taking the lead vocals, dedicating the song to Justin.

 

"You're officially an old man now," JC joked.

"Yeah, and I can't wait to tell you the same thing in like 6 years from now," Justin joked back to his older friend.

 

Since family is so important, the girls got to meet all the family members of each guy, taking pictures with them and signing autographs when requested.

 

Everyone spent each hour remaining to the maximum, knowing of what would happen later on.

 

"What exactly's gonna happen after you girls leave?" Justin asked Stella.

"Well, you guys will be exactly where you were when we leave, but you'll act as if we never existed from day 1," she explained.

"I'm gonna miss you, Stella," Justin said solemnly.

"Don't worry about me, Justin. You've got a girlfriend who wants to be with you right now," Stella responded with a smile, motioning Justin towards Britney, who was just a few meters away.

 

"I wish I could take some of these cool gadgets with me," Tecna said to Chris.

"Are you serious?" Chris asked. "YOUR gadgets are like so much better than ours combined! I wish I could have some of YOUR gadgets. Where on earth do you get those kinds of stuff?"

"Simple," Tecna said with a smile. "I live in Zenith, where everything's very technological and stuff."

"On second thought, maybe I shouldn't get this," Chris said, returning one of Tecna's gadgets to her. "If you girls leave, and I lose my memory, how on earth am I going to explain some random high-tech gadget I have? It's too illogical."

"Yeah," Tecna agreed, and they both laughed.

 

"Uh, Tecna," Musa approached them. "We'll be leaving in a couple of minutes."

"Thanks for informing me, Musa."

 

As Musa left, Chris said, "Gonna miss the short pink hair."

Tecna responded, "Thanks, and I'm gonna miss the dreadlocks. Even though Timmy's not necessarily into those kinds of hairstyles, I quite like it."

 

 

"How's your love life, Aisha?" Joey asked. "Oh, I'm sorry for prying..."

"No that's fine, Joey," Aisha said. "If you wanna know, things really are going great with me and Nabu. How 'bout yours?"

"Um, it's okay, I guess."

"Ok. No more questions."

Then they laughed.

"You're such a great dancer, Aisha," Joey said. "There's never gonna be a female dancer as awesome as you."

"Why thanks," Aisha replied.

 

 

"Are you sure that they'll still love and accept me?" Lance asked Flora regarding his family's possible reactions if he comes out. They were sitting down on the backyard porch coincidentally.

"Don't worry too much about that, Lance. I'm sure they will. It might take them a while to get used to it, but I'm sure they will love and accept you in the end," Flora assured.

"You know what, Flora? I've decided not to tell the guys just yet. I would really love to, but there's still the public image and all that..."

"It's okay, Lance. I understand your decision. Just take your time to love yourself first before you come out to others," Flora replied.

"Thanks, Flora. By the way, there's something that I'd like to give you....."

Lance reached out for a flowery pot beside him and gave it to Flora.

"Oh, Lance, it's beautiful!" Flora said, looking at the plant. "I promise I'll take care of it when I go back home. Thank you."

 

 

A couple hours later....

 

Bloom and JC were sitting together once again.

"So... I guess this means goodbye?" JC asked, as soon as the clock struck 11:57 pm and the girls had to go as soon as possible.

"For now," Bloom corrected him with optimism. She was wearing a blue and white turtleneck midriff top with with small pink hearts for design, a pink arm-band, a dark blue ruffly denim skirt, over-the-knee blue socks and blue platform boots; basically the exact same outfit she wore when she first met JC (all the other girls were also wearing the exact same outfits they wore when they first met 'N Sync).

"Don't worry, we'll meet again someday," she assured him.

"You promise?"

 

"Yeah, this I promise you," Bloom said with a smile, quickly noticing the 'N Sync reference she just made in front of JC (the guys were wearing turtlenecks in that music video, and she herself was wearing a turtleneck now).

 

"I know I'll forget about you as soon as you girls leave, but I do love you... unconditionally. And.... I wish you and Sky the best," JC told Bloom. There were no angsts, no insecurities anymore.... just unconditional love. There were no strings attached (pun kinda intended).

"Aw, JC.... that's so sweet of you. Thanks." With that, Bloom went forward and kissed JC on the cheek.

JC blushed, getting a tingling feeling, and smiled at Bloom, with his cyan blue eyes opening wider than usual.

 

"OK girls, we better get going," Musa announced, as a portal started to show up before midnight.

The girls hugged the guys, as well as Britney, then headed towards the portal.

 

"Goodbye everyone!" The Winx called out.

"Goodbye, Winx!" 'N Sync plus Britney replied.

 

And the moment the Winx were gone, everyone's memories of the fairies have vanished at the stroke of midnight.

 

"Hey guys, why are we standing here?" Justin said. "Don't just stand there; it's my birthday for crying out loud!"

"You know what, Justin? I think I'm going back to the phase of loving fairies," Britney said first, still holding Justin by his arm. "I think I should incorporate them for my next album and tour."

"Sure, sweetheart. Whatever you wanna do," Justin replied to her, then sharing a kiss together.

 

"Well I'm tired of looking at these old-school gadgets," Chris commented.

"Huh? Those gadgets ain't old-school. What are you talking about, Chris?" Joey asked.

"Nothing," Chris said blankly, wondering why he was thinking of that in the first place.

 

"And I thought you hated plants, Lance," Justin joked around, still holding Britney's hand.

"Well, I liked them less before the tour, but now I love them," Lance answered awkwardly. Why on earth did he just say that?

 

"And you, my old man!" Justin went closer to JC, two pairs of blue eyes staring at each other.

"Didn't I just call you that?" JC asked, who seemed to be in a zone.

"No!" Justin said, playfully messing with JC's hair and laughing like the young-at-heart guy he was. Yesterday was his birthday anyway.

 

JC laughed as well, then for a moment he thought that throughout the last tour, he had a feeling that he kept on dreaming about a certain girl with red hair who had cyan blue eyes like him.......and that she was the most relatable girl he dreamt of......

 

 

The Winx returned to Magix, amazed at the time-traveling experience. It was so surreal looking back that it almost felt like a dream, only of course it did happen.

The girls were so thankful to their headmistress for giving them an amazing opportunity to travel to the past that they accepted the invitation to work as teachers for the younger students coming to Alfea, and not simply because of that but because they also wanted to share their knowledge in becoming fairies to the soon-to-become fairies. 

Headmistress Faragonda was quite pleased with the reactions of the girls. "I'm glad you girls had a wonderful time there. I shall tell you more about the next level after Enchantix when we meet again next school year. And thank you for accepting my invitation to serve as teachers. See you soon, girls."

"See you soon, Miss Faragonda," all the girls said in synchronized form, and ran outside of Alfea College, excited for their long summer break. Their summer break was still quite long, considering that their time-travel took place in almost a year, so the time difference was quite unique.

'N Sync-wise, the girls still listened to 'N Sync's music, watched their videos and all that fun stuff. They seriously couldn't wait for 'N Sync to actually reunite so they can meet again. But until then, more new adventures were awaiting the fairies.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story