As soon as Stella, Aisha, Tecna, Musa, Flora and Bloom went inside Miss Faragonda's office, they all greeted their beloved headmistress.

 "Good morning, girls," Faragonda said, standing up from her seat as she greeted them. "I have an exciting surprise for all of you. After the battles that you have fought against so many, you will now be in another mission. But don't worry," Faragonda quickly interjected, before any of the girls complained on this new mission. She looked at the window, turned back at them and smiled. "It will be a fun mission. No more battling villains and whatnot on this particular mission this time."

 "Yeah," all the girls said as they high-fived each other.

 "Hmmm," Faragonda said, sighing with joy as she was about to make her announcement.

 "You girls will be time-traveling.... to the past. And in this particular past era, you're going to meet one very special boy band, and you'll be helping them for their next concert tour."

 

"Oh my gosh! I love boy bands!" Stella said jumping for joy.

 "Not exactly my type of music, but it sounds fun," Tecna announced.

 "Oh c'mon, Tecna! What if Timmy was in a boy band?" Stella teased.

 

 "Well anyway, you'll be helping them for their next tour. Interactions are highly encouraged," Faragonda continued.

 "Wait a minute, Miss Faragonda," Aisha spoke up. "If we time-travel, meet those guys and interact with them, won't that kind of influence affect the history of the band, and stuff like that?"

 

Suddenly all the other girls nodded, knowing of the possibilities that might happen.

 

"Aisha, just to clarify with your question," Faragonda said patiently but positively as well, "you won't exactly affect the history. You see, in this kind of time-travel, you will get to meet them, but you won't be staying with them forever."

 "And why not?" Stella asked, who was almost filled with tears thinking of the idea of not being able to hang out with a boy band, especially one from the interesting past, for too long.

"Sadly, the consequences will be that if you all spend too much time in the past, you will be stuck in there forever, and your powers as fairies may vanish."

 The girls gasped at that haunting premonition. They've been attacked by the Trix and such, received the most terrifying attacks from them as well as from other villains (even though in the end the girls won), so why would a boy band time travel and the consequences for staying too long scare them much more?

 

"I can sense tension here," Faragonda implied as she adjusted her glasses, "so let me go ahead and discuss the exact concept. First of all, as I mentioned earlier, you girls will be time-traveling to meet this particular boy band. You will help them for their tour, and even collaborate with them music-wise if you like. Your time with them will be quite long, however the deadline will be during their final show for their tour. You girls may stay a little bit longer if you like, but only until the last day of the last month of the final show, then you'll have to return to Magix."

 

Faragonda stood up walking at about while the others listened carefully. "As far as influence goes, there is a price to pay. In order to prevent any specific history from altering, the boys' memories of you girls will vanish as soon as you leave and return here. Therefore, you can help with the ideas and whatnot for the tour, but once you return the actual events that happened in the past will be exactly the same as they were before you came in."

 

"What?? That's not fair!" cried Stella. "You mean to say that we get to spend our time hanging out with a boy band, only to leave with them not having any memories of us at all? That's almost like a waste of time for them!"

"Do not worry, Stella. Their memories will inevitably vanish, but you could still see them in another time - in the future, that is. You see, this particular boy band disbanded a few years after their tour ended, which is why you can't stay with them much longer. Since their disbandment, their fans of course have been wanting them to do a reunion performance, and they did at some point, but that was simply a tribute to another musical act, and consequently not performing their own music. Well anyway, there have been hopes that they will reunite, and there has been a prediction that they will, but no one knows exactly when."

 "And this affects us how?" Tecna asked.

 "Once a possible reunion date is announced, you girls will then have the chance to see them again. Don't worry; they may not recognize you at first, but once you have the power to make them believe in you, they will recognize you, and this time, their memories of you will stay in their hearts forever, regardless if the past has changed," Faragonda said this with an optimistic smile. "Now before we could proceed, does anyone have any questions?"

 

"I have a question, Miss Faragonda," Bloom said enthusiastically. "If we have the power to make them remember us when this certain reunion happens, but not in this particular mission, how exactly does that make sense?"

 "The answer to your question is easy, Bloom," Faragonda said smiling. "By the time you return here, you will learn to acquire a whole new power, higher than the Enchantix level. I shall tell you what it is, but only when the time is right, and that time will be when you return, just before their future reunion takes place."

 

The girls were then all filled with hope. Just because the guys' memories of them will fade, doesn't mean that they themselves will have nothing in store for them anymore. They are fairies after all, and so their journey must continue. Those guys will have an amazing legacy regardless of their future disbandment, and the girls will have their own legacy in store for them in the future.

 

"OK, Miss Faragonda," the girls said all together. "We're ready."

 "Hmm," Miss Faragonda grinned as she went back to her seat and fixed something on her desk. "Now, these boys are quite busy with their schedule, so they left you girls with this very special message."

 

With that, a virtual screen suddenly appeared in front of the girls, and 5 guys appeared in front of them. Each of them looked really unique from the other. One was a blond with curly hair and blue eyes, also with a baby-face look; the second one had darker hair and brown eyes; the next one had dark hair with brown eyes as well, but this time with red highlights in his hair; the other had blond hair like the previous guy but this time with straight hair and green eyes; and lastly, the other had brown hair and cyan blue eyes.

 

"Hi, we're 'N Sync!" all the guys said in a synchronized manner.

 'N Sync! Bloom suddenly gasped to herself. I know them!

 

 "We just talked to your Headmistress Miss Faragonda a while ago...", the curly-blond guy began. "...... and she recommended that you girls come over here and help us for our tour," the darker-haired guy continued. "We heard that you girls are fairies, and you've kicked butt and saved the universe like so many times!" the brown-and-red-haired guy claimed gleefully. "That's why we're asking for your girls' help to make this tour as successful as possible," the green-eyed member said. "So what are you waiting for?" the brown-haired and blue-eyed member concluded with a smile. "Come and join us as soon as you girls can." With that, all the guys said in a synchronized manner, "This is 'N Sync signing off!", smiling as the screen turned off.

 

"Woo-hoo!!!" all the girls cheered.

 

"Now girls, just a couple of reminders before you leave. One, you must return here as soon as you finish packing your things. And two, remember that after the final show has ended, you girls can get an extension to stay there, but only until one month. Have I made myself clear?"

 "Yes, Miss Faragonda," all the girls said, leaving the office excitedly for their next mission.

 

"Wow. It's quite interesting that a group of young fairies are so interested in a boy band, particularly one from the past rather than the present," Miss Griselda remarked as soon as the girls left and she herself went to Faragonda's office.

 "Well, Miss Griselda," Faragonda remarked, "the past really is interesting, and since Bloom has finally met her birth parents and restored the kingdom of Domino - thereby completing her Enchantix power - the past really is interesting."

"Indeed."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story