Madison wrapped her coat tightly around her as she stepped out of the restaurant.

It's so cold tonight. She thought as she slipped her hands into her gloves.

She loved living in Missouri but she hated the winters. The biting cold against her face causing her eyes to tear up.

I need to move somewhere warm.

This was the same thought she had every winter but when spring came, she would fall in love with Missouri again and stay. The same endless love/hate cycle every year.

Maybe one day I will have a reason to leave.

She saw her car and thought about the wonderful heat that would surround her on her drive home. She stopped abruptly when she noticed the male figure leaning against her car. Who is that?  Her heart began to beat faster in fear. She contemplated running to safety when the stranger turned to face her. Her heart stopped momentarily. She never thought she would see him again. She wasn't sure she wanted to see him again.

                "What are you doing here?" She asked coldly.

                "I came to see you." Josh answered with a smile on his face only to fade away when he noticed the icy stare on Madison's face. "I miss you, Madison."

                "Oh. Really?" She laughed in his face. "What are you really doing here?"

                "I told you. I miss you." He replied but he saw only anger in her eyes. "I'm here working on something." Getting you back.

This was not going as he had planned. The anger in her eyes scared him. She never looked at him that way before. He wanted her to look at him with love again like she used to look at him.

I really screwed up.

                "Oh." Madison began to shiver. Partly from the cold and partly from being face to face with Josh. "So why are you standing in front of my car?"

                "I told you. I miss you. I wanted to call but I know you wouldn't answer so I thought if I showed up..."

                "I wouldn't be able to resist and go flying into your arms?" Madison pulled her keys out of her purse but Josh blocked the driver door refusing to move. "Listen, it's cold. I just want to go home and get warm. It's been a long, crappy day and you aren't making it any better."

                "Madison, I'm sorry. I screwed up. I know that. I have spent the last year beating myself up and I will do anything to make things right." Josh reached out for her only to have her pull away.

                "I heard you moved on. Rather quickly in my opinion." Madison snapped. The day she left him, she had seen a picture of him with some busty brunette on the internet.

He ripped my heart out and now he was apologizing? I'm supposed to forgive him after everything he did to me?

                "I tried to move on. I saw other women but I was never happy. I realized I was unhappy because I was always comparing them to you. I want you. I don't want anyone else. I will do whatever I have to do to get you to trust me again. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I let you go. I'm sorry for what I did to you. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I'm sorry I'm an idiot. I'm sorry."

                Madison stood staring at him for a few minutes. Madison didn't feel the cold anymore. She felt heat. The heat of anger rising in her body.

                "You left me! I needed you and you left!" Madison yelled at him as she began to push him hard against the car. "Make things right? Nothing will make things right. I hate you! I hate you for not being there. I hate you for not wanting to be a part of something we created! I hate you for moving on so quickly as if I was just another one of your conquests. Five years! You threw all of that away! Now, you stand in front of me wanting to make things right? I'm supposed to just say ok and act like none of that happened?! It's not so easy. I'm not one of those groupies that will let you walk all over them just because of who you are or who they think you are. I hate you. Just leave me alone."

She stopped pushing him and began to sob heavily into her hands as all the pain she locked up inside for the past year came flooding out of her. Josh stood helplessly watching the woman he loves in so much pain because of him and there was nothing he could do. He had never seen her cry. He reached his arms out to envelop her as she sobbed into his chest.

"Let me try to make things right. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He repeated as he buried his face in her hair.

"Josh?" Madison pulled away and looked at him. Oh, no. She couldn't stop it. She tried to step away but she couldn't step away far enough in time. She cried so hard she made herself sick. Oh, no. She thought again as all of the emotions came out of her and onto his shoes.

"Madison?" Josh looked at his shoes then at her. She looked pale. "It's ok." He slipped out of his shoes and threw them into the nearest trash bin. Walking in only his socks, he took her keys from her and helped her into her car's passenger seat. "It's ok." He assured her again as he slipped in behind the wheel. He kissed the top of her head before driving towards her house.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital