Madison signed the paperwork and apologized to Meagan again.

Josh explained to Madison that he spent the past three weeks trying to see the house. The day Madison told him about the pregnancy, he was supposed to meet with Meagan to discuss her buying the home privately but he was dealing with his old fears that he didn't make the meeting. Meagan called him and hearing that he wanted to hurry his return to Missouri, she offered to buy the home. Things were going fine until Josh remembered Madison's name was also listed on the house. Josh expressed concern about Madison flying to LA and he wanted to keep it as a surprise so Meagan suggested they drive to Missouri. He was so focused on wrapping up loose ends in LA and wanting to get home to Madison, he ended up neglecting her.

"Now let's focus on our future together, baby." He hugged her lifting her off the ground and swinging her around. "I'm so happy. Things are going to only get better for us. I promise."

Madison still had doubts but it was nice to see him smile. She kissed him softly and looked into his eyes.

"I have to go to work." She didn't want to go. She wanted to stay home with him.

"OK. I will work on some music. When you get home, we will celebrate the baby and us." He held her tight as he spoke.

"Deal." Madison's phone rang. "I better go. They are calling me."

She kissed him bye than rushed to her care.

"I love that woman." Josh muttered to himself as she drove off.

 

Madison stood over the body examining it for clues.

Mrs. Fletcher. My fourth grade teacher. Always so patient with us children. Taking the extra time to help us. Now here she is, stabbed to death.

"She was found this morning by her neighbor." Jessie, another investigator and Madison's best friend for twenty years. "Know her?"

"Yes." Madison looked at Jessie. "She was a sweet woman. I don't understand why anyone would want to kill her."

Madison searched the room for evidence. Her eyes fell on the floor next to the body to see Mrs. Fletcher's brains lying beside her head. She felt herself getting queasy and rushed out of the room.

"Madison, are you ok?" Jessie asked running after her.

"Yes. I will be fine." Madison wasn't so sure she believed herself.

"Maybe you should go back to the office."

"No. I will be fine." Madison stated again. "I just need some fresh air."

"Ok. But if it gets to be too much, just go home."

Madison leaned against her car. She has seen some gruesome things doing this job and has never gotten ill until now. She collected herself and went back inside to finish her job.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital