Eight hours passed and Madison was still not home. Josh was concerned she was going to work herself sick. Pulling his phone out, he called her only to get her voicemail.

I hope she is ok. He grabbed his book and sat in the chair next to the living room window. He tried to concentrate on the story but all he could do is think about Madison.

 

Madison sat in her office going over reports.

Oh, crap! It's midnight. She thought as she looked at the clock. Pulling her phone out, she called Josh.

"Madison, are you ok?" Josh answered as he sat up in bed.

"Yes. I just lost track of time. I'm on my home now." Madison grabbed her purse heading out to her car.

"Ok. Just be careful." He warned her. He had a strange feeling in his stomach. "You know what? Why don't you just stay there and I will come get you."

"No. I can drive home. I'll be there in fifteen minutes." Madison backed out of her parking space only to come face to face with her ex, Tommy, the guy in the picture.

"Madison? Are you still there?" Josh began to panic. "Madison?!"

No, answer from her but only the sound of two gunshots. He ran out of the house and headed to her office.

                When he arrived, he saw Madison laying on the asphalt next to her car.

                "Madison, no." He ran to her and held her in his arms. He looked up and saw Tommy in the back seat grinning.

                "Did you really think you could have her?" Tommy asked as police showed up. The paramedics attended to Madison as Josh watched Tommy being taken away to jail.

                "Josh? Let's go to the hospital." Jessie motioned for Josh to get into his vehicle. Josh nodded as he got into the car.

                Josh felt numb. What if she was dead? How was he to live without her?



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital