Josh rushed into the hospital feeling as if the world was collapsing around him. He couldn't believe this was happening. They were looking forward to the baby and having a life together. He felt his legs giving out. He leaned against the wall and slid down. Hugging his knees he began to cry from a mix of fear, anger, and heartache.

                "Wow. I guess you do love me." Madison smiled down at him. Josh whipped his head up to look at Madison. He reached his hand out to touch her leg checking to see if he was imagining her standing over him.

                She's real. Josh jumped to his feet and grabbed her as he cried into her hair.

                "Hey. I'm ok. I passed out momentarily from hitting my head against the car door as I was trying to get away. Which was a good thing since I guess Tommy thought I was dead. Hey, stop crying. I'm ok. The baby's ok"

                "Oh, Madison, I thought I had lost you forever." Josh stepped away from her. "Don't do that again! Don't ever scare me like that again!" He began to yell at her as Madison stood smiling at him.

                "Are you done yelling at me?" She smiled. "I didn't plan this. I just have really poor taste in men."

                Josh looked at Madison like a two year old not getting a cookie.

                "Don't joke." He glared at her. "Are you sure you're ok?'

                "Yes. The doctor says I'm good to go but I have a lump on my head. He also said the baby is good."

                Josh nodded not being able to talk anymore. He pulled her to him again and they stood in the hallway for a few minutes.

                "Madison, I love you."

                "I love you, too. But if you ever yell at me again, I'm going to smack you." Madison pulled on his arm to lead him out of the hospital.

               

                After returning home, Josh followed Madison around like a puppy. He was so afraid something else was going to happen.

                "Are you going to follow me around all the time?" Madison was getting annoyed.

                "I want to make sure doors don't attack you again." He finally was able to joke. "Listen, Madison, we need to talk. I want you to quit your job. You were lucky this time. What if someone else pulls a stunt like this? I don't like it."

                Madison stared at him.

                Is he serious?! What the hell is he thinking asking me to quit my job? Because he doesn't like it?!

                "I'm going to give you two seconds to rephrase that before you end up in the hospital."

                Josh knew he shouldn't have been so demanding and if he continued, she wouldn't quit.

                "I am just worried about you. I don't want to lose you. Today was horrible and if you had....died....I would have died with you. I know I can't save you from everything but I...please, think about it. For me and our baby."

                "Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I put my papers in today. I have to go in until they find another agent then I'm done."

                "You had me sitting here worrying about this since we came home?" Josh looked at her firmly.

                "You love me, remember?" Madison smiled nervously as Josh continued to stare at her. "I was going to tell you...soon."

                "You were going to tell me soon?" He stepped towards her. "Soon, huh?"

                "Now, Josh. I really was going to tell you." She stepped backwards. Josh grabbed her arm and turned her around. He began to spank her like she was a naughty child. "Stop! Wait! No, don't stop. You're getting too much of the right cheek. Move it to the left. Make it even."

                Josh's hand stopped midair. He looked at her before laughing so hard his stomach hurt.

                "What am I going to do with you?" He asked planting her with gently kisses.

                "Love me." Madison sighed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital