A few months passed and things were great. Madison left her job and she was now working as an adjunct professor teaching criminal justice to local college students putting Josh at ease about her safety. The baby was progressing wonderfully and due next month. Josh was working on new music for a possible new album.

                "I can't fit into anything!" Josh heard Madison yelling from her closet. He walked over at his own risk. He found Madison on the floor crying. She turned to look at Josh. "I'm a whale!"

                "Awww, baby. You look beautiful." Josh sat next to her on the floor and held her. "You look even more gorgeous than when I first met you."

                "Really?" Madison cried harder. "You're so sweet to lie to me."

                Josh laughed.

                "I'm not lying." He wiped away her tears. "Now, smile for me."

                Madison smiled as she felt herself melt into his arms.

                "You have been so good to me."

                "Come on. Get dressed and we'll get something to eat." Josh helped Madison to her feet. Madison put on a pair of maternity jeans and a t-shirt. "There absolutely gorgeous." Josh kissed her forehead.

 

                Josh watched as Madison wolfed down her food.

                "What?!" Madison asked as she held her fork midair. "I'm pigging out. I know." She put the fork down.

                Josh just looked at her afraid to say anything that would set her off.

                "Josh, I think the baby is ready."

                "Ready for what?"

                "To meet us." Madison smiled. "We're going to meet our baby."

                Josh caught his breath and hurriedly paid the check.

                "Come on. Is your bag in the back?" Josh asked easing her into the car. "OK. You ok?"

                "I'm ok. Don't speed. I'm ok."

                Josh was trying to stay calm for Madison. Inside he was a mess. She was about to have his baby. He was going to meet his little girl. She would be his little girl. He began wondering what their little girl would look like. He hoped she looked like Madison with big brown eyes, beautiful dark brown hair, and a smile that could brighten even the darkest day.

                "Josh, you passed the hospital." Madison laughed as Josh whipped back around and pulled up to the hospital. "Just park."

                "Are you sure? What if the baby falls out?" Madison laughed harder.

                "It won't just fall out. My contractions just started and it could be awhile. They may even send us home."

                "Are you sure?" He asked again.

                "I'm positive. It's ok. Just park and we will go inside. It's ok. Breathe, Josh!" Madison found this situation very amusing.

                Josh parked the car in the nearest parking space and helped Madison into the hospital. It was exactly what Madison predicted. The contractions were not close enough for her to be admitted. Madison thought she'd have to check Josh into the hospital because he was starting to get pale.

                "Let's sit down." Madison sat him to a chair. "Are you going to be ok? You look....oooohhhh...wow. That hurt. You look pale. You're going to pass out on me. Aren't you?"

                Josh nodded.

                "It's ok." With that, Josh fell against her. "Help, please." She called to a nurse.

               

                Josh woke up on a couch in a delivery room.

                "Did I miss it?" He felt bad.

                "No." Madison smiled as she reached out for him. He took her hand and he stood beside her.

                "You are being so strong. I can't believe how well you are doing. I expected you to scream and stuff."

                "Ha. I have a freakishly high pain tolerance. And the epidural helps with the rest." Madison grinned.

                "Well, are you ready? The baby is coming." The doctor said as the nurses put Madison into position.

                Madison and Josh nodded. It was time for them to meet Sophia Nicole Chasez.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital