"She's beautiful." Josh gushed as he held Sophia. "Just like her mother."

                Madison smiled at her family.

                "She is beautiful. I can't believe she's finally here." Madison touched her daughter's hand as if to make sure Sophia was real.

                "I don't think I've ever been happier." Josh sat next to Madison in the bed and the two stared adoringly at Sophia.

               

That's how it should have been. Josh thought to himself as he rolled over to her side of the bed.

                Madison had an aneurysm while giving birth. Josh was removed from the room only to be informed from the doctor thirty minutes later that she had died. Sophia was ok though she remained at the hospital.

                This is a nightmare. I'm going to wake up any minute now and she will be here. Josh opened his eyes again only to be slapped by reality again. Madison, how am I supposed to do this without you?

                Josh forced himself out of bed. He had to go to the hospital to see Sophia. He dragged himself into the bathroom to shower. He had to pull himself together for Sophia.

                 

                At the hospital, Josh held Sophia tightly in his arms. He would make sure nothing happened to Sophia. She was all Josh had left of Madison. He would do everything for his daughter and make sure she knew how wonderful her mother was. He hoped Sophia grew up to be just like Madison. Josh broke down in tears as he thought about Madison not being there for Sophia's first steps, hearing her first words, her first everything.

                "Mommy, loved you so much and she wanted to meet you more than anything. You always remember that your mommy loved you." Josh whispered to Sophia. He sat down in a chair still holding Sophia to his heart. Things would be hard at times but he knew Madison was looking down at them from Heaven smiling. "We're going to be ok, Sophia." Sophia opened her eyes to look up at her dad as if to reassure him.

Completed
BBMac is the author of 0 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital