Madison opened her eyes to see a pair of blue eyes staring back.

"What are you doing here?" She asked as she sat up in the bed.

"Are we going to go through all of that again? I don't have any shoes for you to throw up on but maybe you can get the rest of me this time." Josh joked.

The night before came back to mind.

"Wait a minute! How did you find my house? If I remember correctly, you drove."

"Lance." Madison kept in contact with Lance after the split and he had even come to visit her a few times. He helped her through some tough times. "He told me where you live and....well...I drove by here a few times before to see if you were ok. I tried to work up the nerve to knock on the door but I chickened out every time."

Madison attempted to stand up but she felt weak and stumbled back.

"Whoa. Lay down. You feel warm. I think you are getting sick." He pressed the palm of his hand on her forehead.

"I'm fine. You don't have to stay. Just...Josh, I don't need this right now. I was starting to get over the loss and you are just bringing all the pain back. You need to go."

"No!" Josh protested. Madison looked at him in shock. "I am not leaving. Damn it! Just give me a chance! I know I can't fix what happened. I can't take it all back. If I could, I would. I...." He sat beside her in bed. "I love you. I know I've told you that before and I panicked when you told me you were pregnant. I pushed you away and when you lost the baby, I just ran. I will always regret that but now I want a chance to show you that I can love. I will never leave you again. I just need you to give me a chance. "

"Why? So you can feel better about yourself? Then what? Go back to Brunette Sugar Tits that kept you warm while my heart was being ripped out of my chest?" Madison attempted to get out of bed again.

"Lay down!" Josh yelled as he forced her to lie down. "I'm not leaving you. I am here. I'm with you now and I'm not leaving. You just need to get that through your thick skull and stop fighting me! I am sorry. I was crazy with fear. I didn't know if I could handle being a father and a husband."

"Did I ask you to marry me?! Did I ever ask you to marry me?! Never once did I bring up the word marriage. When I found out I was pregnant I didn't expect you to marry me. I expected you to stay but not once did I want you to marry me. I only wanted you to tell me everything would be ok. I was so scared. I wasn't ready to be a mother. Especially alone."

"Madison, I...."  

Madison wanted to punch him but her anger subsided.

He's crying. Is he serious?

"Madison, I...I feel lost without you. I need you. Let me show you that I can be the man you needed me to be."

"I'm tired." Madison sighed.  "You can stay here but I don't trust you enough to be with you right now. I don't know if I ever will but...you can stay here until...."

Josh nodded thankful for even one more day. He had to convince her of his love for her. He needed to convince her.

"Can you get me some juice?" Madison asked.  

What am I doing? Madison thought as she watched Josh walk away. I should make him leave.

"Here." Josh handed her a glass of juice and made himself comfortable beside her. "I'm just going to sit here in case you need anything else."

I'm going to need a strait jacket and a padded room. This is crazy. Madison thought to herself as she drank her juice in silence while Josh watched TV. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital