Josh decided to explore the house while Madison slept. He went into the living room and perused the photos sitting on the mantle above the fireplace. There were pictures of her with her parents, her friends, and a guy he didn't know.  His heart sank.

Is she seeing him? No, she wouldn't let him stay if she was involved with someone else. She wouldn't do that. She looks happy in the picture. Is she looking at him with love in her eyes? Maybe it's too late.

"That's a guy I was seeing. We broke up yesterday. I guess I should take that off the mantle." Madison informed him as she took the picture and put it into a drawer.

Josh couldn't help but feel pleased about the break up. He took it as a sign that they were meant to be back together.

"What happened?" He asked hoping she wouldn't hear the pleasure in his voice.

"Things just didn't work out." Madison answered looking away.

"Madison." He knew she was hiding something. "Tell me the truth."

"He wasn't you." She whispered as she looked down at her feet.

"What was that? I couldn't hear you." Josh grinned as he stepped closer to her.

"He wasn't you. OK? There. I still have feelings for you. But I will not allow you to hurt me again. I will..." Madison was stopped by Josh's lips pressed against hers. She tried to push him away at first but it was no use. She wanted him to kiss her. She wanted to feel his arms wrapped around her. His kiss haunted her dreams since they ended things. Dreams that were so real she would wake up expecting him there only to be reminded that he was gone.

"Stop." She pulled back and looked at him. Weak! So weak! She berated herself.

"Sorry. I couldn't control myself." He apologized but he didn't want to stop.

"It's not just you. I just want to go slow. Really slow. Ok? We need to work through some things before we even think of having any type of relationship. Ok? We need to slow down. Slow down." She was trying to convince herself more than she was him.

"Whatever you want to do. You are in charge. I will do anything you want me to." He nodded in agreement. "Let's get you back to bed. You don't look too good. I mean you look beautiful just pale."

"Thank you for taking care of me." Madison smiled. "I don't feel too good."

"What can I do to make you feel better?" Josh asked as he tucked her into bed.

Madison smiled wickedly causing Josh to smile as well.

"Hey, slow remember?" He reminded her despite wanting to act on the thoughts in his head.

"Yes. Slow. But can you lay here with me? I miss being held."

"As you wish, my queen." He laid down next to her and pulled her close to him so her back was against him. He kissed her softly on her head. "So....lover boy didn't hold you?"

Madison laughed out loud. Josh missed hearing her laughter.

"He did but it didn't feel...right." Madison turned to stare up at him seriously.

"You looked happy in the picture." He choked out. "Did you love him?"

"I don't even know if I believe in love anymore. I was with him for only six months. He seemed nice but..." She trailed off.

"But what?" He asked with concern. I want to beat him for being with my Madison.

"He wanted more than I wanted to give him." Madison sighed. "He was angry about that and took it out on me so I broke it off with him."

"Took it out on you?" Josh asked as he turned Madison to face him only to notice the marks on her chest. "He hit you?"

"He pushed me. That's when I ended things." Madison sighed.

Josh and Madison laid in silence for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry. If I didn't...you wouldn't...." He said pulling her closer as if he was trying to shield her from any further pain. "I won't let you hurt anymore."

"Josh, you hurt me most." Madison said before falling asleep leaving Josh to stew in the pain that statement caused to his heart.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital