Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to those reading my story. Any feedback will be helpful.

Josh stayed for another month only to have to return to LA for work. He called Madison daily. Sometimes three or four times a day just to tell her he missed her or tell her something that amused him. Madison was back at work as well. She worked as a criminal investigator which was exciting except when it involves someone you have known your entire life.

                "Hey!" Madison exclaimed into the phone.

                "Hey! How is your day going?" Josh asked.

                "I'm glad you called. We need to talk about something."

                Josh became terrified.

                "Can it wait? I'll be home in two weeks." He asked trying to put off the bad news he was sure she was going to give him.

                "No, I want you to know right away and its better this way. I'm pregnant."

                There was silence on the other end.

                Well, here he goes again.

                "That's great!" His voice came back on the other end.

                "Is it?" Madison was still unsure.

                "Yes. Of course! When I come home, we can celebrate."

                "OK. Listen I have to go back to work."

                "OK. Trust me. I'm not bailing again." He assured her.

                Madison hung up still feeling unsure about what would happen. All she could do was make sure this baby was ok.

 

                Josh was quiet after receiving the news. He could feel the old fears coming into his head again.

                Pregnant. I'm going to be a dad. I'm going to be a dad. He kept repeating to himself. Each time he told himself that, he became more nervous. Stop! I can't do this to her again.

                He grabbed his keys and went for a drive. He didn't know where he was going but he just needed to collect his thoughts. He needed to think of what to do next.

                I'm not ready. I'm not ready for this. I don't want this. I won't be a good father. I won't be a good husband. I feel trapped.

                He found himself stopped in front of Meagan's house.

                Don't do this again. He chastised himself. Damn it!        

                He walked out of the car and to the front door. He lifted his hand to knock but hesitated as his phone rang. He rushed to his car seeing it was Madison but rather than answer he let it go to voicemail.

                I'll call her back later.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital