Madison attempted to call Josh again. Two weeks passed and he still wasn't home. She had no contact with him since she told him about the pregnancy.

                Give it up, Madison. He's gone again. She threw her phone on the bed. How stupid of me to believe he would be here.

                She laid in bed thinking about what to do now. She could raise this child alone. She had to find a different job but she could care for her child. She knew a lot of single parents and they managed. She was strong. Or was she?

                No, I can do this. I will love our child enough for the two of us. It's his loss. He's the one that is going to miss out. Good riddance. Madison got out of bed to shower and head to work. I can do this!

               

                Josh pulled into the driveway. She was waiting for him. He could see her through the living room window gathering her things. He knew this was what he really wanted. This was the best thing for him. He exited his car and walked towards the front door. He stopped momentarily and took in a deep breath. This is it.

                He opened the door and saw her still gathering her things. He watched her quietly.

                "Josh!" Meagan smiled as she walked up to him. "I'm so glad you're here."

                "Hi." He greeted with a hug. "Are you ready?"

                Meagan nodded as she grabbed her bags. She locked up her home and followed Josh to his car looking forward to what was to come.

                "I'm sorry I'm late. I've been dragging my feet lately." He apologized as he headed out of her driveway.

                "No problem. I wouldn't have been ready. So have you told Madison yet?"

                "No. I haven't spoken to her since..." He trailed off.

                "You should probably tell her." Meagan reached for his hand. "She should know."

                "Meagan, I will tell her soon." He squeezed her hand before letting go. They drove the rest of the way in silence.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital