Madison was getting ready for bed when a car lights beamed through the window of the living room.

                Who is that? She reached for her gun as the door handle jiggled.

                'Who is it?" She called out.

                "It's me." Josh answered as he stepped in. "The key got stuck."

                Madison stood looking at him still holding the gun up towards him.

                "Whoa. Madison, I know you are mad but can you put the gun down?" He cautiously stepped towards her. Madison shook herself out of the shock and lowered the gun.

                "What are you doing here? It's been three weeks. You haven't returned any of my calls since I told you about the baby. Why are you here?"

                "Madison, I know but it's not what you think."

                "Oh, really? Please, inform me on what was really going on." Madison sat down at the kitchen table.

                "I admit I freaked out. I didn't mess around on you but I did do some thinking." He sat across from her at the table. 

                "Hey, Josh!" Meagan walked in. "Oh, sorry."

                "Who the hell are you?" Madison was close to flying across the kitchen at this woman who dared walk into her house uninvited.

                "Madison, sit down. It's not what you think?" Josh stood in between Madison and Meagan.

                "You keep saying that! So what is all this? What is going on?" Madison shoved Josh into Meagan knocking Meagan over.

                "Madison, calm down. You don't want to hurt the baby." He took a risk and put his hands on Madison's shoulders.

                "The baby? You are worried about the baby? I haven't heard from you since I told you about the baby! You should have been home last week! Now this floozy is standing in my kitchen! Is this who you spent the last three weeks with?!"

                Meagan hid behind Josh.

                "Madison, yes, I was with Meagan the past three weeks. But..."

                "It's not what I think it is?!" She glared at Josh and Meagan.

                "Right. She is buying my house. That's why I am a week late. I need your signature since it was your house, too, and I didn't want you to fly. I also wanted to hurry up and get back to you. Meagan was nice enough to come all the way here with me to get it done. So here we are. She is leaving tomorrow after you sign the papers." He spit out quickly before Madison could blow up again.

                "Oooohhhhh." Madison began to cry as she sat on the floor. "I'm sorry, Meagan. Can we just blame hormones?"

                Meagan nodded as she set the papers on the table.

                "Why didn't you call me, Josh?" Madison continued crying.

                "I don't have any excuse for that except that I was so focused on getting things done so I could come home." Josh sat next to her.

                "Do you know how much I hated you these past three weeks?"

                "Yes, but I'm here. I'm a horrible, horrible partner." He kissed her. "I'm sorry. I don't blame you for thinking I had run again."

                Meagan smiled at the two before leaving the room to give them time to make amends.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc hospital